CDC Capacity Rules? 4/2022

Does anyone know if the CDC still has capacity rules for cruise ships anymore? I thought that those were no longer in effect, but certain RCI cruise reps are saying not to worry, no RCI ship is sailing with more than 65% - 70% capacity. Does this seem correct or are the reps just blowing smoke (as usual!).

26 minutes ago, cello56 said:

Does anyone know if the CDC still has capacity rules for cruise ships anymore? I thought that those were no longer in effect, but certain RCI cruise reps are saying not to worry, no RCI ship is sailing with more than 65% - 70% capacity. Does this seem correct or are the reps just blowing smoke (as usual!).

Several ships sailed at close to 100% over spring break. Best guess is most will sail at 100% by mid summer. I saw a interview with M Bayley last week and he thought Royal would be back to 108% capacity by summer. Royal is limiting capacity but only because of crew shortages. I saw a blog from Chris Wong who is on Ovation of the seas this week, he said almost 100 crew members were ending their soft quarantine this week. They have spent 3 days in hard quarantine and then 4 days in soft quarantine , but the total seven days were in quest cabins. He said the crew will be at 100% by Ovations first Alaska sailing in May. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, cello56 said:

Does this seem correct or are the reps just blowing smoke (as usual)?

The latter, but, some ships on some sailings could be that low (though not necessarily due to capacity limits). 

Anthem has been sailing at 75 to 90% the last couple of weeks.   

Seems like the phone reps are usually the last to know what's going on per ship.  I was told by a rep the other week their computer doesn't show how many passengers are booked per sailing only what cabins are available.