Check-in Question

I've seen several posts that you can just grab an arrival time at check-in without completing the rest of the requirements (thanks for the tip!) so I was going to do that for our 4/14 check in since our kids don't get their 2nd vaccine shot until the next day (so vax card not complete yet) AND we haven't gotten our passports back in the mail yet. I'm wondering: is there a time limit that I have to complete the rest of check-in by? I've seen people say "I completed the rest later that day" but I won't be able to do it that fast...I can complete the vax the next day, but not sure when I can complete the passport part and don't want things to become unavailable to update/add and cause more wait at the port. Also, after you select the arrival time, do you hit a submit button? Will it be self-explanatory that our arrival time is confirmed without completing the rest of check-in? Thanks!

8 minutes ago, LS1030 said:

I've seen several posts that you can just grab an arrival time at check-in without completing the rest of the requirements (thanks for the tip!) so I was going to do that for our 4/14 check in since our kids don't get their 2nd vaccine shot until the next day (so vax card not complete yet) AND we haven't gotten our passports back in the mail yet. I'm wondering: is there a time limit that I have to complete the rest of check-in by? I've seen people say "I completed the rest later that day" but I won't be able to do it that fast...I can complete the vax the next day, but not sure when I can complete the passport part and don't want things to become unavailable to update/add and cause more wait at the port. Also, after you select the arrival time, do you hit a submit button? Will it be self-explanatory that our arrival time is confirmed without completing the rest of check-in? Thanks!

No worries about the time.  Just before your cruise.  (they do need some time to verify your vaccination cards, but that usually takes a day or so)

Yes, it will be clear that you have your check-in time.

• Like 1

Be sure you check in using the Royal app on your phone because it allows you to select a check in time and fill out the rest later.  The app makes it pretty clear that you have selected a check in time.

Don't do the check in process on a laptop, because it requires you to enter lots of stuff before you ever get to the part where you select a check in time. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, D4 said:

Be sure you check in using the Royal app on your phone because it allows you to select a check in time and fill out the rest later.  The app makes it pretty clear that you have selected a check in time.

Don't do the check in process on a laptop, because it requires you to enter lots of stuff before you ever get to the part where you select a check in time. 

Just did this.  Thnx.  Very easy.  

• Like 1

We didn't use the app and checked in for our last cruises online the old fashioned way. Didn't have to upload our vaccination cards or wait to have them "verified" but RCI emailed us and just asked if we were vaccinated. Easy answer and just showed our cards at the terminal and a hard copy of our pre-cruise negative test results.

So do you get to choose a time when checking in online?

What if I choose e.g. 10.00am and due to traffic and don't get there untill 11.00am? Is this a problem?

I imagine getting there early is; but what happens when you are late?

I am not sure what check-in time is wise, since Covid testing protocols for the Med are still not posted and I am worried I might have to get a Covid test somewhere in Barcelona the morning of departure.

37 minutes ago, Marga.Anders said:

What if I choose e.g. 10.00am and due to traffic and don't get there untill 11.00am? Is this a problem?

I am not sure what check-in time is wise, since Covid testing protocols for the Med are still not posted and I am worried I might have to get a Covid test somewhere in Barcelona the morning of 

I checked in for mine out of Rome almost as soon as it opened and the earliest time was 11.30. I suspect that there will not be any earlier times than that at least in the near future as they need to sanitise all the rooms before letting new guests on and they need time to do that.

8 hours ago, D4 said:

Thanks for this tip.  I usually use my computer because it's easier to type than my phone but would gladly use my phone if it's quicker and easier.

Question - we are a party of 12.  I've linked everyone to me.  Can I check them in also?  We all want to arrive at the same time.  Thank you!

2 minutes ago, tj_shopper said:

Thanks for this tip.  I usually use my computer because it's easier to type than my phone but would gladly use my phone if it's quicker and easier.

Question - we are a party of 12.  I've linked everyone to me.  Can I check them in also?  We all want to arrive at the same time.  Thank you!

As long as you can see them in the app you can totally do this. 

I too, prefer to use my computer, but perhaps you could just use the app to snag the times you want and then do the rest on your computer?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, tj_shopper said:

If everyone is linked to you, you should be able to see them all. Check yourself in first. Grab the boarding time you want. When you check in the rest of the group, there might not be enough slots to book everyone in the same slot that you have booked for yourself so book the next closest. When you get your instructions for checking in at the pier, they will tell you what paperwork you need and to make sure that everyone in your party is with you. It won't matter what time the other people have scheduled, as long as they are in "your party", you'll all be able to board together.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

If everyone is linked to you, you should be able to see them all. Check yourself in first. Grab the boarding time you want. When you check in the rest of the group, there might not be enough slots to book everyone in the same slot that you have booked for yourself so book the next closest. When you get your instructions for checking in at the pier, they will tell you what paperwork you need and to make sure that everyone in your party is with you. It won't matter what time the other people have scheduled, as long as they are in "your party", you'll all be able to board together.

I linked everyone to me on the computer, but when I look on the app, I don't see it.  Where do I find if someone is linked to me or how do I link them on the app?  Thanks!

12 hours ago, Marga.Anders said:

Had this happen to me last October. 12-12:30 check in time (Tampa). Coming from Daytona Beach area on a Saturday morning, multiple examples of the fine drivers we have on I-4 caused us to be an hour late. They waved us through (well around) the current check in lines, so basically instant check in. Your mileage may vary.

12 hours ago, Marga.Anders said:

I am not sure what check-in time is wise, since Covid testing protocols for the Med are still not posted and I am worried I might have to get a Covid test somewhere in Barcelona the morning of departure.

I can't say for sure for Barcelona but we had 12:00-12:30 time slot in Seattle last summer and were late.  They just ushered us strait into the embarkation hall and we started the process.

6 hours ago, tj_shopper said:

I linked everyone to me on the computer, but when I look on the app, I don't see it.  Where do I find if someone is linked to me or how do I link them on the app?  Thanks!

How did you link them to you? I don't think it's something you can magically do on your own. I always have my TA link our booking numbers. I am always able to see the other people in my party. My cruise 2 weeks ago was the first time I used the app for anything. I had checked in and reserved our time on my computer and when I logged into the app, everyone was there.

1 hour ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

How did you link them to you? I don't think it's something you can magically do on your own. I always have my TA link our booking numbers. I am always able to see the other people in my party. My cruise 2 weeks ago was the first time I used the app for anything. I had checked in and reserved our time on my computer and when I logged into the app, everyone was there.

I did it through my computer.  I had everyone's booking numbers and linked each to me.  Because I linked everyone, I was able to make dinner reservations for all of us.  I was also able to book an excursion for all of us.  I paid for it and they paid me back.  I'm the group coordinator.

On the app, I think I can see everyone linked to me.  I clicked on the person icon on the top (you see three icons - ship, calendar and person).  That takes me to my profile.  I click on "Select a different sailing".  It shows me everyone in our party with their names and reservations under this sailing.  If I was missing someone, I can click on "Link a missing reservation" and I would be able to link that additional cabin.

I just hope that when I check in on the app, I will be able to do so for everyone.