Updated Vaccation Policy

Edith1950

4 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

There is an expiry date, at least there is one on the one I received on the 31st January, it expired the 2nd March.

I thought the same and checked, lucky I did as I was relying on them. 

As confirmed on Government website

If you order a travel NHS COVID Pass letter via the NHS 119 service or online via NHS.UK, the barcodes in your letter will expire after 30 days. The domestic NHS COVID Pass letter also has a 30 day expiry.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-covid-pass

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Annabel50 said:

If you order from the NHS via calling them by phone there is no expiry date on the certificate, dont ask me why but this may be helpful to you.

There is a expiry date it’s contained within the barcode

If you order a travel NHS COVID Pass letter via the NHS 119 service or online via NHS.UK, the barcodes in your letter will expire after 30 days. The domestic NHS COVID Pass letter also has a 30 day expiry.

3 hours ago, clevercruiser said:

I realise that, but I had a really bad reaction to my second jab, so I don't want to risk having

a booster just to be able to go on holiday, especially as I had Omicron a few weeks ago,

so my antibodies have been naturally 'boosted' anyway!

I have recently just had to cancel a Celebrity cruise from Civitavecchia this Summer because 

I (naively!) assumed that onerous restrictions such as testing and mandatory boosters for 

cruise passengers would have been long gone by now when I booked it last year!:classic_sad:

I'm still hopeful for next February (Arvia in the Caribbean), as that will be three years since

Covid started being an issue on cruise ships, or do people think that testing and proof of

vaccine boosters will be the 'new normal' on cruises for years to come...?

Simple answer is yes, for several years yet.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Simple answer is yes, for several years yet.

I agree - it's probably for years yet.  Also, you don't know what other variants might spring up amongst all these millions who have the virus.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, loveheart said:

Do we know if the pass has to last for the entirety of the cruise. Say it runs out half way through. Would they make you get a new one and what if it a paper one would they print one off for you?

You can have the pass emailed to you and save it. It only takes a few minutes. Showing the pass electronically is quite ok. Of course, if you are on your 180 day world cruise, you will need to carry out that chore a few times.

39 minutes ago, loveheart said:

Do we know if the pass has to last for the entirety of the cruise. Say it runs out half way through. Would they make you get a new one and what if it a paper one would they print one off for you?

In theory it has to be valid through the entirety of the cruise.

Not sure what you do on a 35 day cruise ?

3 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Half way through, find some port with free wi-fi and have another one emailed to you, or use a bit of your data......I had a thought, if you tested negative before you got into Madeira, but we're positive a few days later, perhaps you got it in Aussies bar. Lots of coughs on Lanzarote. Hope you are both feeling better now.

9 hours ago, Valfan said:

Interesting to read this about your proof of vaccination certificates only lasting 30 days. I thought ours in Scotland were bad - they only last for 3 months. I've already had to ask for an updated one recently, in the hope of maybe returning to cruising relatively soon. But the way P&O are moving the goalposts re testing requirements etc., I'll likely need a fair few 3 month certificates before I actually get on a ship.

I didn't realise that about the Scottish ones, thanks!

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

One of our party has a paper pass as he has no smart phone. I guess I have to arrange for a pass to arrive so it covers all the days of the cruise.

4 hours ago, Annabel50 said:

If you order from the NHS via calling them by phone there is no expiry date on the certificate, dont ask me why but this may be helpful to you.

Thanks. Can you tell me where it says this as our NHS website says you can order by phone but do not if you are travelling in more than 4 weeks time.

Dont know if this will help anybody but my husband hasnt got a smartphone and wont have one (grr)  I do and have the NHS app on my phone for my account  so what ive done  for him is gone online to "Get your Covid pass" NHS site, registered him there with an online NHS account used a different email address for him but used my mobile number for his account (to get security codes when first setting up- texts) made a password etc and that shows His Covid pass it updates every 30 days just like the app . So I will be able to show his Covid pass at embarkation by going online. I will also apply for a letter copy just to be on the safe side!  As for the Antigen fit to fly certificate I intend to book at a Lloyds pharmacy about 8 miles away for the late afternoon before we travel to Southampton the following morning  as their site says you get the certificate 15 mins after your test . Mind you we dont go until 2nd October so it might have all changed again by that time! 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Libby3723 said:

Dont know if this will help anybody but my husband hasnt got a smartphone and wont have one (grr)  I do and have the NHS app on my phone for my account  so what ive done  for him is gone online to "Get your Covid pass" NHS site, registered him there with an online NHS account used a different email address for him but used my mobile number for his account (to get security codes when first setting up- texts) made a password etc and that shows His Covid pass it updates every 30 days just like the app . So I will be able to show his Covid pass at embarkation by going online. I will also apply for a letter copy just to be on the safe side!  As for the Antigen fit to fly certificate I intend to book at a Lloyds pharmacy about 8 miles away for the late afternoon before we travel to Southampton the following morning  as their site says you get the certificate 15 mins after your test . Mind you we dont go until 2nd October so it might have all changed again by that time! 

I just tried to do that but it won't let me as it says the mobile  I'm applying on needs to be the same as the one registered at a GP,  well it's my phone I'm applying on not the person's own phone. 

Hi loveheart i Just went on a search engine (tried it and have since tested it on my desktop pc and on my mobile both worked) put Covid pass online in the search box it came up with the NHS site , so I applied on there using a different email address and followed instructions . Just a thought we're both registered on our Gps surgery "Patient access" site and my mobile is registered on there for both of us along with our landline  maybe thats why you cant? NHS COVID Pass - NHS (nhsx.nhs.uk) is the site I used . I did not use the NHS App that wont let me register my husband on that you need another mobile phone number and email account for that. This is what is says for getting a Covid pass for travel copied from NHS 

Get an NHS COVID Pass online

You can get your NHS COVID Pass online if you're aged 12 or over.

You do not need a smartphone or to download an app.

You'll be asked to create an NHS login.

Edited by Libby3723
add c&p from Nhs
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Libby3723 said:

Hi loveheart i Just went on a search engine (tried it and have since tested it on my desktop pc and on my mobile both worked) put Covid pass online in the search box it came up with the NHS site , so I applied on there using a different email address and followed instructions . Just a thought we're both registered on our Gps surgery "Patient access" site and my mobile is registered on there for both of us along with our landline  maybe thats why you cant? NHS COVID Pass - NHS (nhsx.nhs.uk) is the site I used . I did not use the NHS App that wont let me register my husband on that you need another mobile phone number and email account for that. This is what is says for getting a Covid pass for travel copied from NHS 

Get an NHS COVID Pass online

You can get your NHS COVID Pass online if you're aged 12 or over.

You do not need a smartphone or to download an app.

You'll be asked to create an NHS login.

Yes it's definitely the phone number that is stopping access. I managed to get a different email but it just won't accept my number. If I want to proceed any further I have to go via  his GP or upload a photo. It all seems very difficult.

41 minutes ago, loveheart said:

Yes it's definitely the phone number that is stopping access. I managed to get a different email but it just won't accept my number. If I want to proceed any further I have to go via  his GP or upload a photo. It all seems very difficult.

Yes it said I had to upload a photo of him or it gave the options for another way to do it which is the way I done it,  it asked for his details for his online services account(Patient Access) linked to our GP's surgery e.g. Linkage key/ODS code/account ID which i have so luckily I could complete it all . Its such a pain though trying to sort it all out  Good luck hope you get sorted! 

Edited by Libby3723
  • Like 1

On 4/14/2022 at 4:55 PM, BouncingWheel said:

Could you please elaborate on what was stressy with regards to the 9yr olds? Was it the testing and/or something else?

Sorry for the delayed response… we’ve been on holiday ( not a cruise ) 🙁

It was stressy because we’ve had too many cancelled cruises and we really didn’t want to be telling the girls, again, that we couldn’t travel. 
The Prenetics timelines are tight if you have to rely on the Royal Mail, especially as they had delay issues at the time! Also, even if the girls were okay we could ‘fail’ on embarkation day 😬

Then if you include all of the other ‘admin’ stresses it really wasn’t a good time 🙁

I have got a paper certificate showing my vaccines and booster from NHS Wales and nowhere does it give an expiry date.  I rang and requested it at the beginning of March for our (now cancelled) cruise on Arcadia on 17th May.  The person I spoke to asked for my travel date and said nothing about it having expired by then.  So is it no longer valid?

Michele

7 minutes ago, Mewat said:

I have got a paper certificate showing my vaccines and booster from NHS Wales and nowhere does it give an expiry date.  I rang and requested it at the beginning of March for our (now cancelled) cruise on Arcadia on 17th May.  The person I spoke to asked for my travel date and said nothing about it having expired by then.  So is it no longer valid?

Michele

Wales has done it's own thing all way thro covid and likely with this too. Suggest you contact NHS Wales most people on here,are talking about England. Note Scotland and N Ireland do their own thing too. 

3 hours ago, Mewat said:

Michele

Normally there is an expiry date next to the QR code,  but Wales may be different to England. 

Definitely no expiry date next to the QR code.  We aren't travelling now until October, so I will double check nearer the time - I might have had another booster by then anyway.

Michele

38 minutes ago, Mewat said:

Definitely no expiry date next to the QR code.  We aren't travelling now until October, so I will double check nearer the time - I might have had another booster by then anyway.

Michele

I’ve not read through all of the posts but what I can say is that my English Covid Travel Passes do have expiry dates. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, devonuk said:

I’ve not read through all of the posts but what I can say is that my English Covid Travel Passes do have expiry dates. 

I cant understand why they need an expiry date, the data is never going to reduce, so you don't need a new one until the entry rules change to say you need a 2nd or then a 3td booster dose. At present you only need one booster jab, ergo the first covid pass that shows you have had a booster jab should be adequate.

7 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I cant understand why they need an expiry date, the data is never going to reduce, so you don't need a new one until the entry rules change to say you need a 2nd or then a 3td booster dose. At present you only need one booster jab, ergo the first covid pass that shows you have had a booster jab should be adequate.

Supposedly the reason is to prevent fraud, but I really cannot understand the rationale behind the decision.

An interesting point here is that many places that request the proof of vaccination say it must show the date the vaccine was given so I wonder if they take any notice of the expiry date.

I personally haven’t had the QR code scanned only the certificate looked at.