Using a FCC as a deposit

I booked a cruise last year for March using a FCC I had from an earlier cancelled cruise. I did cancel that cruise before final payment because omicron had started to  spread. It was a non refundable deposit but it did get put back to my Royal Caribbean account. I just booked a new cruise for October. I’m using that FCC again. If I use a non refundable deposit rate for this one, will it be refunded if I need to cancel or has that window closed?

2 hours ago, pthjudy said:

If I use a non refundable deposit rate for this one, will it be refunded if I need to cancel or has that window closed?

CWC for new bookings ended last month - pre COVID rules back in place.

4 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

What if I had a CWC cruise and changed the date and ship on April 5, but retain the original booking number? Is the new cruise covered under CWC?

As long as it's within the other CWC parameters (sailing by 9/30/22, etc), it should be.

Edited by Biker19

9 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

What if I had a CWC cruise and changed the date and ship on April 5, but retain the original booking number? Is the new cruise covered under CWC?

I have been told that changing the ship and sail date resets the booking so if you did it after March 31 it would not be covered.  This is unlike the double points promo where you could change dates.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I have been told that changing the ship and sail date resets the booking so if you did it after March 31 it would not be covered.  This is unlike the double points promo where you could change dates.

OHHHH!!

13 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I was afraid of that.  The rep didn't tell me that. Thanks, though.

Sorry, OP.  didn't mean to hijack the thread.

Edited by Native Floridian 26

27 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

I have an August cruise that I am on the fence about and am thinking of changing it before final payment date to one the end of Sept  Oh well

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

CWC for new bookings ended last month - pre COVID rules back in place.

My question was also that ordinarily I use a certain credit card which has travel insurance for the deposit and final payment. That way if I need to cancel for a covered reason, I get a refund. In this case I’m using a FCC so I can’t get it insured. True it’s only $500 but it IS $500. 

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

I have an August cruise that I am on the fence about and am thinking of changing it before final payment date to one the end of Sept  Oh well

You are so close to sailing - what protection from CWC would you be missing?

Edited by Biker19