First P&O Sailing - Is it usually like this?

skip121

On 4/23/2022 at 9:08 AM, Selbourne said:

That’s interesting. The only ‘brochures’ that I get from P&O are more like summary pamphlets that merely list the cruises. No deck plans or anything. I wonder if you can get a proper brochure if you still have email communications as well? I’m not sure that I can be bothered to tackle the P&O website to see if that’s possible, especially as we aren’t inclined to make any more bookings beyond the few that we have!

Any High street TA you can walk in and pick up P&O as well as a great choice of brochures with no need to book anything.

I always have a selection of P&O,Princess and Royal Caribbean cruise brochures at home.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kalos said:

They seem more positive than Liverpool does though Kalos. Mind you, if they will be bussing pax from the terminal building to the ship, possibly limits the size of ship?

• Like 1

On 4/24/2022 at 8:25 AM, gsmt47471015 said:

One day a miracle will happen and people in the north ,IE north of Watford, will be able to board a cruise ship without having either an overnight stay pre cruise or an almighty long drive on the day, and of course the same on the way home. Tilbury does not tick this box

We live in East Anglia and apart from travelling by car I have done both bus and train. Even travelling the night before. But must admit I find all methods have their problems. By train it is from Ipswich to Stratford, then tube across to  Waterloo and down to Southampton. A taxi from the station to hotel and hotel to docks the next morning. By Bus, either National Express, Ipswich to Kings Cross and Kings Cross to Southampton. Then taxi to the Port of Southampton. By Bus(Cruise Connect), Neighbour  drop off a Newmarket, coach Newmarket to Southampton calling at various locations and South Mims Services for an hour before arriving in Southampton at around 3.30 having left home at 8 a.m. If anyone has a suggestion as to how to make the journey quicker and less tiring I'd appreciate it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cruisemeister2002 said:

We live in East Anglia and apart from travelling by car I have done both bus and train. Even travelling the night before. But must admit I find all methods have their problems. By train it is from Ipswich to Stratford, then tube across to  Waterloo and down to Southampton. A taxi from the station to hotel and hotel to docks the next morning. By Bus, either National Express, Ipswich to Kings Cross and Kings Cross to Southampton. Then taxi to the Port of Southampton. By Bus(Cruise Connect), Neighbour  drop off a Newmarket, coach Newmarket to Southampton calling at various locations and South Mims Services for an hour before arriving in Southampton at around 3.30 having left home at 8 a.m. If anyone has a suggestion as to how to make the journey quicker and less tiring I'd appreciate it.

That’s an interesting challenge !

Looks like car is the easiest then coach ?

If I had to do by train I would go Ipswich to Liverpool Street , cab to London Bridge - (10 -15 mins)London Bridge fast to east Croydon , east Croydon to Southampton direct.

coach national express to Victoria then onto Southampton.

can you afford a helicopter ?

I’ll try and think of more options !

1 hour ago, Cruisemeister2002 said:

Simple. Ipswich (Westerfield or Derby Road if you prefer) to Felixstowe by train. 
Taxi or shuttle to Felixstowe Ocean passenger Terminal.

Just requires slight add on to Felixstowe Docks.  Great transport links and a good place for a cruise port.  Levelling up should sort it.  Come on you Tractor Boys!  😉

Not sure about which part of East Anglia but tomorrow I travel Salisbury to Ely.  Slowest part is Salisbury to Waterloo. Total journey time via London 3 hours 15 minutes.  Southampton is closer to London with better train service.

21 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Not sure about which part of East Anglia but tomorrow I travel Salisbury to Ely.  Slowest part is Salisbury to Waterloo. Total journey time via London 3 hours 15 minutes.  Southampton is closer to London with better train service.

Welcome to Cambridgeshire. Will you visit the Cathedral. 

On 4/17/2022 at 9:14 PM, jeanlyon said:

Moley, I haven't sailed since 2019 and even then on Aurora, I noticed a change in service.  Not much, but it was there.  Things had changed and not for the better.  Sign of the times I think.

Do you think that because the steward doesn't get " tips "he can't be bothered to talker be pleasant to you ?

21 hours ago, paulatsea said:

That’s an interesting challenge !

Looks like car is the easiest then coach ?

If I had to do by train I would go Ipswich to Liverpool Street , cab to London Bridge - (10 -15 mins)London Bridge fast to east Croydon , east Croydon to Southampton direct.

coach national express to Victoria then onto Southampton.

can you afford a helicopter ?

I’ll try and think of more options !

I live just up the road from Wattisham so I could pop in and ask if they'd lend me an Apache ?

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Simple. Ipswich (Westerfield or Derby Road if you prefer) to Felixstowe by train. 
Taxi or shuttle to Felixstowe Ocean passenger Terminal.

Just requires slight add on to Felixstowe Docks.  Great transport links and a good place for a cruise port.  Levelling up should sort it.  Come on you Tractor Boys!  😉

Yeah, that would be perfect, not sure I'd like a couple of weeks in a container though.