Couple quest about Voom and Embarkation Day dining

I all. Love this board because so many people step right up to help when anyone has questions. My wife and I are sailing on the Allure leaving this Friday 4/21. Question 1 Are any of the dining rooms open for lunch on embarkation day?  

Question 2 Regarding Voom. If I purchase a Voom pkg for myself and 2 devices,  can I use one device and my wife use another?  Not sure how you connect to Voom. I fear it may require connecting via the Royal App on your own device thus preventing my wife connecting via her own  iPhone/iPad I hope I explained this accurately. 

Thank in advance for the assistance.  

Voom is easy.  You can even share a one device package as long as both devices are not on at the same time.  When you connect to the ship internet you can either log in with a button on the app or use a browser (usually login.com works).  Log in with last name (sometimes birthdate) and cabin number.  It will know if you prebought a package. Create a username and password.  If sharing, sign off (logout.com or button) when done.

29 minutes ago, sherman931 said:

Question 1 Are any of the dining rooms open for lunch on embarkation day?  

The opening times for most venues should be listed in the app.

Voom login is available to any device which can navigate a browser interface.

We always purchase the multi device voom package.    You will be provided with instructions in your cabin on how to access and the first day or two there are usually voom guys with bright green t-shirts on to help everyone log in if you get stuck.     It's easy!    Since you paid for 2 devices you and your wife will be able to logged in / online at the same time on 2 separate devices.     

If you decide on boarding day you only need 1 device connected at a time (you don't need wifi to use the royal app while onboard) then the voom desk can credit you back the fee you paid for 1 of the 2 devices.    

re:   dining venues, check out the app there should be at least one specialty restaurant open for lunch along with Parks Cafe where you can get the famous kummelweck sandwich for lunch and WJ buffet will be open.

I also like to go to MDR to check out where our table seating for dinner will be that way if I want to move to a different table it easier to do then then waiting until dinnertime.  

MDR isn't open for lunch on boarding day. 

You won't have any trouble with Voom with two devices. A letter in your cabin will explain how to access and set up your login. There will be a kiosk in the promenade area for internet. A staff member will be there everyday during certain hours...check your cruise compass. The RCI app has nothing to do with the internet...it can be used even if you don't purchase a package.

Embarkation dining options on Allure are: Chops and/or Giovanni’s, Windjammer, Park Cafe, Sabor, Johnny Rockets, Solarium Bistro, Sorrento’s, Cafe Promenade all have food options. Check the app, it will tell you what is open and when.

Edited by chiguy67

We had trouble with Voom, both getting it set up in the first place and with my oldest child's device (and we are tech savvy people...). My husband did something to mess it up when we first got into the terminal and had to have something else done at Guest Services to get the account set up at all. Then it worked for three of us but we had to go back with my oldest child's device where there was a setting that had to be changed. We were on Allure. There was someone named Vinod at Guest Services who worked magic to get it figured out - so I recommend looking for him if you get really stuck! We didn't see any green shirts helping but maybe we were trying to get on too late in the day as we still had our mobile connection for a while once we got on and a lot of other stuff to take care of.

1 minute ago, jbrinkm said:

There was someone named Vinod at Guest Services who worked magic to get it figured out - so I recommend looking for him if you get really stuck!

The folks at the Voom desk are typically even better than the GS staff.

11 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The folks at the Voom desk are typically even better than the GS staff.

Voom desk was closed - like I mentioned, we waited too long and were still using our mobile data for quite a while in the afternoon and then we unpacked and went to dinner before even attempting to get on the ship's internet. So I guess that is a recommendation for people - try to get your wifi set up earlier in the day when the Voom desk is still open!