Izumi Hibachi

Has anyone eaten here recently ?  We are on Symphony in June and want to try it.  Is all the food one charge, or is there an extra charge beyond the base charge ?

The sample menu looks like only starters and dessert complimentary which is what you pay for initially and then another charge depending on what meat or

meal is selected ?  Appreciate any input please.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the menu, but would like clarification from anyone who has tried it recently.

TIA

Izumi is a la carte for their menu items, but they do also offer a fixed price meal that includes a starter, two rolls selections, and desert as an option.  In our experience last week on Anthem the fixed price option was $34.99 pp.

Hibachi is a fixed price for the meal selected. 

On ships that offer both venues they are typically both located in the same basic location but are two separate venues with Izumi being the sushi restaurant and Hibachi being the Japanese steakhouse format. 

Edited by leaveitallbehind

25 minutes ago, sdrocks said:

Has anyone eaten here recently ?  We are on Symphony in June and want to try it.  Is all the food one charge, or is there an extra charge beyond the base charge ?

The sample menu looks like only starters and dessert complimentary which is what you pay for initially and then another charge depending on what meat or

meal is selected ?  Appreciate any input please.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the menu, but would like clarification from anyone who has tried it recently.

TIA

It is one price that gets you a salad the Hibachi dinner and a dessert.  There are 2 different prices depending on whether you want one protein or two proteins.  Anything off the Sushi menu is an extra charge. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It is one price that gets you a salad the Hibachi dinner and a dessert.  There are 2 different priced depending on whether you want one protein or two proteins.  Anything off the Sushi menu is an extra charge. 

Thanks so much.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Izumi is a la carte for their menu items, but they do also offer a fixed price meal that includes a starter, two rolls selections, and desert as an option.  In our experience last week on Anthem the fixed price option was $34.99 pp.

Hibachi is a fixed price for the meal selected. 

On ships that offer both venues they are both located in the same basic location but are two separate venues with Izumi being the sushi restaurant and Hibachi being the Japanese steakhouse format.

Thanks for that clarification.

• Like 1

We have eaten at the Hibachi recently on a few ships, including the Symphony. We absolutely love it. It's a fun show and the food is very good quality. If you have a dining package, then they charge you a $10 surcharge, otherwise it's a flat fee, something like $45 for 1 meat (steak or chicken) or $50 for 2 meats (steak AND chicken!)

My wife and daughter had the lobster and scallop and were in heaven. 

If you do the Hibachi, the only extra charge on top woudl be if you want to order something from the sushi menu as an appetizer. The normal starters (salad/rice) are included.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jrapps said:

If you do the Hibachi, the only extra charge on top woudl be if you want to order something from the sushi menu as an appetizer. The normal starters (salad/rice) are included.

On Harmony in December i was able to walk over to the sushi side and order a Futomaki roll delivered to me at the teppanyaki table at no charge. Many nights I also ordered a Futomaki roll to go and picked it up 20-30 minutes later when it was ready.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scottca075 said:

Okay, stop me if I am wrong.....  but a hibachi is a brazier heated by charcoal. Aren't you all talking about teppan?

You are not wrong at all. The problem comes from RCCL. The name of the restaurant is Izumi Hibachi & Sushi and the description details how you can enjoy sushi and teppanyaki grill.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wayne_trisha said:

On Harmony in December i was able to walk over to the sushi side and order a Futomaki roll delivered to me at the teppanyaki table at no charge. Many nights I also ordered a Futomaki roll to go and picked it up 20-30 minutes later when it was ready.

If you have an unlimited dining package, then yes you can get Sushi included. We didn't even have to walk to the other side, our waiter got it for us and we were not charged for it.

But if you are paying for the Hibachi meal by itself, then any sushi you order is charged (or at least is supposed to be)

12 hours ago, wayne_trisha said:

You are not wrong at all. The problem comes from RCCL. The name of the restaurant is Izumi Hibachi & Sushi and the description details how you can enjoy sushi and teppanyaki grill.

Well RCCL will be getting a very sternly worded letter from me then! 😁

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, jrapps said:

If you have an unlimited dining package, then yes you can get Sushi included. We didn't even have to walk to the other side, our waiter got it for us and we were not charged for it.

But if you are paying for the Hibachi meal by itself, then any sushi you order is charged (or at least is supposed to be)

My memory might be a bit fuzzy. I had the UDP and DBP so maybe that is how it worked out. What I do remember is people at the teppanyaki table were very interested in my sushi. I might be mixing in my memories of getting the sushi to go. Our experiences show how easy it is to use the UDP and get what we want.

Thanks for clarifying my statement. 🙂