Discovery - Glad To Be Off

Myrtle Ave. Mayhem

38 minutes ago, cruzin4us said:

I agree and if I never hear John Denver's song "Country Roads" I'll be ok.    I swear I heard that song every day 5x a day......at least.   LOL

I feel the same way about Sweet Caroline. Bah bah bah.

4 minutes ago, hobbyfarmer2 said:

I feel the same way about Sweet Caroline. Bah bah bah.

On my many appearances with the Princess Pop Choirs, Sweet Caroline was always on the son list. lol.

56 minutes ago, cruzin4us said:

I agree and if I never hear John Denver's song "Country Roads" I'll be ok.    I swear I heard that song every day 5x a day......at least.   LOL

We cringe any time we have to hear Neil Diamond's Sweet Caroline. I wish (oh how I wish) they would stop having that song for the Princess Pop Choir. Even when some entertainer sings the song (GAH!!!) we hear people in the audience shouting out, "So good! So good! So good!" which, of course, is not even really part of the dang song!!! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

We cringe any time we have to hear Neil Diamond's Sweet Caroline. I wish (oh how I wish) they would stop having that song for the Princess Pop Choir. Even when some entertainer sings the song (GAH!!!) we hear people in the audience shouting out, "So good! So good! So good!" which, of course, is not even really part of the dang song!!! 

That was the 2nd song that almost put me over the edge.   They sang it at the dueling piano bar at least once a night and they couldn't even sing good.    The lady next to me playing Black Jack said she was about to chew off her left arm if she heard that song one more time.....I about died laughing

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Thrak said:

Here in the UK sweet Caroline is an anthem at a lot of sporting events inc soccer, boxing and horse racing and currently features in at least two TV adverts and is usually one of the floor fillers at weddings and parties 🥳 so if you r sailing ex UK expect to hear it a lot. 😁😁

• Like 3

On 4/24/2022 at 5:52 PM, cruzin4us said:

LoL.  I think I remember that one too.

Here is the backstory of "Country Roads" by John Denver.  He was talking about the beauty of the Shenandoah mountains which he thought was West Virginia; the mountains are actually in Virginia and borders West Virginia.  Either way they are pretty.  I lived in Maryland and have taken the Drive through these mountains.

Maps - Shenandoah National Park (U.S. National Park Service) (nps.gov)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

Here is the backstory of "Country Roads" by John Denver.  He was talking about the beauty of the Shenandoah mountains which he thought was West Virginia; the mountains are actually in Virginia and borders West Virginia.  Either way they are pretty.  I lived in Maryland and have taken the Drive through these mountains.

We live part of the year on the North Fork of the Shenandoah River and those lyrics - along with Oh, Shenandoah which includes "rolling river" (which the Shenandoah definitely is not) - makes me shake my head me every time I hear them! 

Returning a bit to the original theme of the thread, we go off the 7 day coastal on Sunday and had a good cruise.   I am not a fan of the Royal Class ships, much preferring the Grand class ships.  A couple of thoughts and observations:

Our cabin Stewart Rolando took good care of us, twice daily service.  Really no change from pre Covid days.

Dinner  reservations were a “hard get” if you didn’t have previously booked reservations.  I think they may be a bit understaffed 

Edited by LawDog61
Premature posting