RCCL reservation mystery and cancelled excursion?

I woke up to a email stating my excursion for my 7/18/22 cruise was cancelled.  I thought no big deal, it happens.  Decided to log on to RCCL's website to see if there was any explanation and pick something else.  I go to my personal page and it states I have no cruises booked.  Ok again, maybe its a web issue so I look up my booking number and plug that in to see it still thinks I dont have a reservation.  hmmmmmm.  So I call the 800 number and guess what, they state I may have a hour wait to talk to someone.

ANyone else having issues with a existing reservation with RCCL this morning?

Received nothing that said when my payment was due.  Looking at my booking receipt and there isn't a date it is due either.   In the past I always got reminders, like LOTS of reminders. 

Of course I just booked my flights yesterday so this is going to be super frustrating if they dropped my res.

One of the advantages of booking with a TA is they keep up with final payments.  You aren't relying on RCI's IT department to send reminders.   The TA that I use requires that I put a credit card number on file to have my balance automatically charged so there's no worries about missing it.

• Like 1

Booked directly with RCCL a few months ago.

Sitting on hold now.  Been about 20 minutes so far.....

Posted here thinking maybe it was a website issue everyone was having.  Now I have the feeling they dropped me because of a payment I didnt know was due.  Crossing fingers they get me back on the ship.

27 minutes ago, Catmomma said:

Sitting on hold now.  Been about 20 minutes so far.....

Posted here thinking maybe it was a website issue everyone was having.  Now I have the feeling they dropped me because of a payment I didnt know was due.  Crossing fingers they get me back on the ship.

While waiting the requisite 60-70 minutes on hold, it now seems, try looking up availability for your cruise. If there is availability….then they should get you back on the ship.  Good luck!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Catmomma said:

i noticed when i booked directly with RCCL, i go no longer get a detailed booking confirmation invoice. I had to request this confirmation.  On this invoice has all of the important due dates. 

3 minutes ago, shof515 said:

i noticed when i booked directly with RCCL, i go no longer get a detailed booking confirmation invoice. I had to request this confirmation.  On this invoice has all of the important due dates. 

I noticed that as well. Depending on the day, I don’t feel like waiting an hour on the phone to request one either. It is easier to read and ascertain all the important details than the ‘summary’ they email right after booking.

Definitely sounds like a canceled cruise due to missing the final payment.  Email reminders have been hit or miss.  Good luck!  You can also pull up your sailing and if the room you had booked is now available, that will tell you that it was canceled.  

• Like 1

It's been so confusing! RCL had a 30 day final payment date for cruises starting before May 30th (I think). Our cruises in July we paid our TA for in late March, because our final payment date was 90 days - so we paid for July before some people in May had their payments due! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ladysail2 said:

I noticed that as well. Depending on the day, I don’t feel like waiting an hour on the phone to request one either. It is easier to read and ascertain all the important details than the ‘summary’ they email right after booking.

There's an automated line to get the invoice, no need to talk to a human

Ok after 90 minutes on hold I got someone to talk to.

My cruise was cancelled because payment was due yesterday.  They stated they sent reminders, I never received them.  My original receipt shows total due but no date of when it was due.

Initially they would not reinstate my reservation without an additional $600 in charges to basically re-book.   I pretty much flipped out and got my price back and made final payment.

I did lose my excursion I had booked.  She gave me some tips on how to contact someone and try to get that fixed.  So now I am off to write a email to hopefully get that back.

Ive cruised a lot, never had this happen.  Really pretty surprised they would just cancel my cruise without a phone call to me.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

That no longer works.  😞

Was just about to ask for this line..... several times in past week I've called to request one and given up between 30 & 45 mins of hold time...... and all at different times.... 

I've used the automated system to get a confirmation multiple times in the last month. They did change the menus and it seems to only work during office hours. 

The final payment due date is buried in the fine print below the numbers.

30 minutes ago, Catmomma said:

Initially they would not reinstate my reservation without an additional $600 in charges to basically re-book.   I pretty much flipped out and got my price back and made final payment.

So happy you got this resolved.   One wonders if they were hoping you (and others in the same situation) would simply agree to the price increase.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yogimax said:

So happy you got this resolved.   One wonders if they were hoping you (and others in the same situation) would simply agree to the price increase.

This is pretty much how it felt to me too.  They were going to cancel FCC I had from a cruise cancelled due to covid and not let me use it.  My account still states i'm not paid in full but I was told it will take a few days for them to credit me for the FCC.

On a lighter note, I managed to get my excursion re-booked and saved $20.  So I guess I got "paid" $10 a hour for my stressful morning on the phone.  lol

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, Catmomma said:

My cruise was cancelled because payment was due yesterday.  They stated they sent reminders, I never received them.  My original receipt shows total due but no date of when it was due.

I did lose my excursion I had booked.  She gave me some tips on how to contact someone and try to get that fixed.  So now I am off to write a email to hopefully get that back.

Ive cruised a lot, never had this happen.  Really pretty surprised they would just cancel my cruise without a phone call to me.

I’m glad you got your cruise back…good luck with getting your excursion back.  There have been so many changes, modifications, new rules, exceptions, and various other ‘important’ notices that I’m surprised we can keep it all straight.  My final payment dates are always highlighted in pink and written on calendars .  Carnival, as one, have a monthly ‘easy pay’ system where they take monthly payments off the credit card…..how convenient!!  Again, glad you enquired in time!

48 minutes ago, Catmomma said:

Really pretty surprised they would just cancel my cruise without a phone call to me.

You waited 2 hours to talk to someone, do you really think they have staff to make phone call reminders to people who don't remember to pay?

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, robyn206 said:

You waited 2 hours to talk to someone, do you really think they have staff to make phone call reminders to people who don't remember to pay?

Minimally they could have put the date of my final payment on my original booking receipt. *shrug*.  Ad yes I have scoured it over and over and cant find anything other than the total I owed, no date.
Whatever, its fixed now.  Just leaving this post here as a warning, keep track of your own due dates and they may have changed from your last cruise.  Don't count on any sort of reminder even if you assume since you own them thousands of dollars they will get a hold of you.
  • Like 4