Land based Isolation after ship based quarantine in the NL

plucasana

Can anyone answer me this: (I do not have a TA to ask)

let us assume you test positive during the cruise and have to stay isolated on the ship, would you be allowed to return home (own car parked at the cruise terminal, distance 3 h tops, destination germany) to finish the isolation at home? I found this site helpful but it does not cover this specific case.

tia

Doesn't answer the question but the policy in the US is yes you can use your own car if it's at the port or rent a car for direct travel home.  Just no public transportation.  Again doesn't answer what will be allowed in Germany/Netherlands.

• Like 1

update: the user steamboats indicated, that the NL do not seem to enforce an isolation anymore (if you are "up to date").

I researched this and found 

this side, which seems to confirm the information (?). I will keep looking though...

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, plucasana said:

now that some cruises have departed amsterdam, Is there any current information regarding my question?

There is no quarantine or testing for EU citizens who can go back home independently. Different story if you have to fly back to the US.

Edited by Saab4444
  • Like 1

I don't have personal experience with this but, there have been a couple threads lately from people testing positive on the TA into Amsterdam.

On the two cases I remember they took their passports and were given to NL authorities.   They could only collect them after their quarantine period. 

• Thanks 2

Interesting question.  Makes me wonder about cruises arriving in USA. If I test positive on an upcoming Bermuda cruise, can I disembark, drive home, and quarantine at home?  Or will I be stuck on the ship until I test negative?  Or do they disembark and put you in Covid quarantine jail hotel?  I live close to the dock.  I just assumed that I could go home at the end of my cruise.  Am I correct?  Or will I be detained in Bayonne?  

I may be wrong but I think I read that in the US you can drive yourself home.

There is also a report on fb from a UK citizen who tested positive and disembarked in the UK (instead of Amsterdam) so he could drive himself home.

Maybe you have to be in YOUR country to be allowed to do so?