Champagne Prices (bottles)

njguy_south

18 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

We used to have the wine list as a sticky but it only works if it's current. Does anyone know the date of the one posted ?

There's the rub. A couple of the wines we had two weeks ago are slightly dearer than quoted, e.g. Gewürztraminer $48 rather than $45.

29 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

We used to have the wine list as a sticky but it only works if it's current. Does anyone know the date of the one posted ?

I have the newer copy as being September 2018. I have a copy that was supposed to be 2020 with some variation to the wines but it is not priced.

1 hour ago, D&N said:

I have the newer copy as being September 2018. I have a copy that was supposed to be 2020 with some variation to the wines but it is not priced.

Same here. I have a copy of "Cunard_Wine_list.pdf" dated September 7, 2018. It appears to be identical to the attachment above. I downloaded it from this old thread which I think used to be a sticky on this forum.

Cunard wine list - new 2018

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, njguy_south said:

Hi. Those onboard or recently sailed, what are the prices for Champagne (bottles)? Do they still have Veuve Clicquot?

Veuve Clicquot NV still available currently $90 + 15% = $103.50 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Yaldi said:

Veuve Clicquot NV still available currently $90 + 15% = $103.50 

WOW! Might be a case of BYO Clicquot.....in upstate NY we can regularly get it for between 50-65 a bottle. I'd be happy to carry a little  onboard for that price.

• Thanks 1

Our local shop has it at €36.85. With loyalty discounts we get a little over 20% off that so under €30.

Can't be bothered carrying it though, we'll settle for Cava or Prosecco.

Veuve Cliquot.jpg

I've enjoyed this topic and wanted to make a segue into another champagne question that I have been wondering about. Does anyone have any inside into about why Cunard switched from Veuve to Laurent Perrier as their main champagne brand a few years ago?  Personally I still prefer Veuve.  Perhaps this  topic has been covered before but I have only joined the board this year. Does anyone know?

8 hours ago, BrisbaneR said:

I've enjoyed this topic and wanted to make a segue into another champagne question that I have been wondering about. Does anyone have any inside into about why Cunard switched from Veuve to Laurent Perrier as their main champagne brand a few years ago?  Personally I still prefer Veuve.  Perhaps this  topic has been covered before but I have only joined the board this year. Does anyone know?

No doubt that Laurent paid more money and gave better prices on supply. Everything that happens these days is all about profit.

• Like 1