Connecting room question

We booked an interior guarantee room and it looks like it is a connecting room. I haven't received the official room number, but checked on the bar code of my boarding pass with a QR code reader. Can the door be opened from the other room without our knowledge? Can you hear the guests in the other room? Can we change rooms before embarkation? TIA

Edited by BaybeeLetsCruise

The door cannot be opened if there is not supposed to be access between the two rooms. I had a connecting room once. Yes, I could hear things in the other room at times. I will do my best to not have another connecting room. The only way you will know for sure about changing is to call and ask. If you don't get the answer that you want, call and ask again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The door cannot be opened if there is not supposed to be access between the two rooms. I had a connecting room once. Yes, I could hear things in the other room at times. I will do my best to not have another connecting room. The only way you will know for sure about changing is to call and ask. If you don't get the answer that you want, call and ask again.

Thanks!

14 minutes ago, BaybeeLetsCruise said:

Can we change rooms before embarkation?

You need to wait for your room to appear on your booking or showing on your app not just by going by the bar code reader,.  Then, if there is space available in the exact same category you can call and change to another stateroom.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BaybeeLetsCruise said:

We booked an interior guarantee room and it looks like it is a connecting room. I haven't received the official room number, but checked on the bar code of my boarding pass with a QR code reader. Can the door be opened from the other room without our knowledge? Can you hear the guests in the other room? Can we change rooms before embarkation? TIA

Is it a promenade cabin? If so the connecting cabins are a different category than non connecting. To move out of a connecting promenade you would have to pay the going rate for non connecting?

As above you cannot move to another category. Only with the category of your assigned cabin.

• Like 1

Just now, firefly333 said:

Is it a promenade cabin? If so the connecting cabins are a different category than non connecting. To move out of a connecting promenade you would have to pay the going rate for non connecting?

As above you cannot move to another category. Only with the category of your assigned cabin.

No, it's not a promenade cabin.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BaybeeLetsCruise said:

No, it's not a promenade cabin.

We have stayed in connecting rooms where you can’t hear anyone, it all depends on your neighbors and the ship. Some of our rooms that are not connecting have been louder than connecting ones.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

the doors can be opened if passengers in each room want them open. For example, families in connecting rooms might want access to the other room.

35 minutes ago, molsonschooner said:

the doors can be opened if passengers in each room want them open. For example, families in connecting rooms might want access to the other room.

I didn't say they can't be opened. I said one party can't just decide to open the door.