Information from Princess re COVID

This pop-up information has appeared on my Cruise Personalizer. The pre-cruise test can be a RAT.

Important Acknowledgements for Your Cruise Vacation

Before entering Cruise Personalizer, read and acknowledge these notifications

covid-19 vaccination and testing requirements

Please be advised that guests 12 years and older on this voyage are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and meet the following requirements: - have received their final primary dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before the beginning of the cruise and produce proof of vaccination at terminal check-in. Boosters are recommended for eligible guests at least seven days before embarkation. -

attest to a negative viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) taken before embarkation. For required timing and details, please visit https://*****/pcl_autest - upload International COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate to MedallionClass App within 72 hours of your cruise embarkation. Travel requirements are subject to change and vary by destination. Check our CruiseHealth FAQs (https://*****/pcl_aufaq, Princess communications and official government sites often for specifics for your voyage.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks.

"attest to a negative viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) taken before embarkation"

That sounds to me like an honour system test, as if by ticking a box on the form like we always have.

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

There is a link to the Princess webpage but the Aus details haven't been updated there yet. I guess they'll update them on Thursday after the webinar.

Thanks, got it. The FAQ tab is Australian with no info, and the health protocols tab is generic.

The personaliser info points to it all being an easy screening.

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

Thanks.

"attest to a negative viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) taken before embarkation"

That sounds to me like an honour system test, as if by ticking a box on the form like we always have.

True. It does sound that way, doesn't it.🙂 We could use our free RATS at home the day before.

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

Yet the link says 

• At terminal check-in guests must provide proof of a negative viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) taken before or at embarkation.     with no indication of timing.

'Proof' indicates a supervised RAT.  We will probably have to wait until Thursday to find out what is required.

Edited by Aus Traveller
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

'Proof' indicates a supervised RAT.  We will probably have to wait until Thursday to find out what is required.

That proof bit though is from the generic US page, where as your personizer is a test attest. Hopefully the webinar covers all of the Q&A, but it does seem the protocols are set and just need clarifying.

Still not enough details about testing answered here. I am sure they will be answered during the LIVE Webinar on Thursday. 
I probably won't be able to watch it live, so you guys need to ask the SPECIFIC questions about testing. Exactly what type of TEST and WHEN.
I want to know - is a Supervised RAT accepted or not, and taken at what time Before the Cruise. Or will the tests be done at the terminal? Or do we have to fork out for a Traveller PCR Test at about $150 pp. 
It will be a LIVE Webinar and going by what happened at the Coral Princess announcement Webinar, you can ask live questions. The way to do this is in the comments section at the bottom of the viewing via YouTube.

Here is the link to the Webinar EVENT. You need to register.
https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/health-and-safety-protocols-coral-princess-return-to-service-2022-public-tickets-323697346477?linkId=161930135&fbclid=IwAR2r-Jqkb8cBYsacIRhfYCOqHfdltLvlUqj77UmwLL3h-xzsw7QbgFmgqaI

Edited by CDaze71
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Quit panicking, Cilla! 🤣🤣🤣

It will all fall into into place in the next week or so. I'm watching the webinar and will make notes on everything.

And the info in the OP already states antigen tests are acceptable, presumably supervised and certified.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Haha 1

Additional information today (26th April). It appears that a self-administered RAT is acceptable. This is so much better than we thought it might be. I feel Princess is being very generous towards people who test positive. Here are some cut and paste details -

Based on current Australian requirements for cruising, all guests will require a negative viral COVID-19 test result taken before boarding:

• Within 24 hours for Rapid-Antigen Test (RAT)
  • Within 72 hours for PCR

Guests who have been approved for a vaccination exemption will be advised of additional protocols, which include proof of a negative pre-cruise PCR test result taken within three days before embarkation.

Guests who travel internationally should ensure they understand all entry and airline requirements to travel from their home country and the destinations they plan to visit, including where health authorities may require pre-travel COVID-19 testing.

Vaccinated guests may use a self-test (sometimes referred to as an at-home test) or rapid antigen self-tests (RATs). If in Australia, RATs are available at most major supermarkets (such as Woolworths of Coles) or chemists/pharmacies (such as Chemist Warehouse or Priceline). Eligible Commonwealth concession card holders can access free RATs (up to 10 RATs over a 3-month period) through community pharmacies. For more information visit the Australia Government Department of Health website.

We require all guests to complete the OceanReady steps via the MedallionClass App to simplify the pre-travel process of completing COVID-19 requirements and documentation. You will need to attest you have received a negative COVID-19 test result, provide proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status and to complete the health declaration. Once complete and all details & documents have been verified, you will receive 'Green Lane Ready’ status on the app, which you will need to present at the cruise terminal.

Guests who test positive for COVID-19 will not be permitted to board, together with their family members and close contacts, and should not travel to the ship.

If you, your family members, travelling companions or other close contacts are suspected of having COVID-19 and are not permitted to board, you are entitled to a 100% Future Cruise Credit (FCC).

Change fees and reasonable expenses related to shoreside medical care for COVID-19, shoreside quarantine and travel home for you and your immediate travel party will be covered by Princess if not reimbursable from medical insurance, a travel protection plan or other responsible party.

Any shoreside meals will be covered by a per-diem meal allowance as communicated by a letter provided onboard prior to disembarkation or by pier staff. (no receipt retention is required).

....  at home, self-administered tests are the quickest way to return a result and are accepted as requirement for embarkation.

P.S.

Guests on back-to-back voyages will need to take a complimentary viral COVID-19 test. Guests will need to receive a negative test result to continue sailing on the next voyage.

Guests who test positive for COVID-19 will be denied boarding on the next voyage, together with their family members and close contacts who are not fully vaccinated. Guests, their family members, travel companions or other close contacts who are suspected of having COVID-19, are entitled to a 100% Future Cruise Credit (FCC).

Yes, you should complete your health questionnaire no later than 24 hours before you embark the ship, using the MedallionClass app. You’ll be asked to confirm your answers when arriving at the terminal.

If you have any symptoms of illness, you will be separated from other embarking guests to undergo a secondary screening. Depending on the outcome of the screening, you and your travel party may be denied boarding.

During a screening, our medical staff will need to verify your health questionnaire answers, or any corrections, and then consider whether to permit you to board.

If you refuse to be tested or screened, or to follow COVID-19 protocols, you will be denied boarding and no refund or credit will be issued.

The results of any COVID-19 tests, and information provided on the health declaration will be subject to the Princess Cruises Privacy Notice and shared only as needed with Princess personnel, third parties or local health authorities as part of screening and embarkation-related health protocols.

Edited by Aus Traveller
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Just out of interest after reading the Link re Protocols    it seam to infer you need an ocean app or whatever.... can this be done without a smart phone ??

Well if looks like our Nov cruise now is a goer  

Cheers  Don

We up-graded our phone from one I called semi-smart when we had to log in on QR codes. I have successfully added the Princess MedallionClass to the phone 😁 and tomorrow I can choose a check-in time.

Now I see that on P&O I have to load another system (veriFLY) onto the phone to do health and check-in procedures.

Edited by Aus Traveller

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

We up-graded our phone from one I called semi-smart when we had to log in on QR codes. I have successfully added the Princess MedallionClass to the phone 😁 and tomorrow I can choose a check-in time.

Now I see that on P&O I have to load another system (veriFLY) onto the phone to do health and check-in procedures.

I have chosen my check in time on the ap but I can’t see ever getting to the “green lane “ as I can’t seem to complete the wearable medallion section

has anyone else been able to do this

Cheers Carole 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Elorac123 said:

I have chosen my check in time on the ap but I can’t see ever getting to the “green lane “ as I can’t seem to complete the wearable medallion section

has anyone else been able to do this

Cheers Carole 

I haven't got to that step yet. Presumably that comes after choosing the check-in time. Anyway, I don't want a wearable medallion - they don't have my style of jewellery. 😁 I also don't wear lanyards, so I plan to keep the medallion in my pocket. At the moment I am thinking of putting it in a folder where I used to keep my cruise card.

7 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I haven't got to that step yet. Presumably that comes after choosing the check-in time. Anyway, I don't want a wearable medallion - they don't have my style of jewellery. 😁 I also don't wear lanyards, so I plan to keep the medallion in my pocket. At the moment I am thinking of putting it in a folder where I used to keep my cruise card.

I'm stuck on the medallion step as well. I think I might try deleting and reinstalling the app.

I'll be keeping my medallion in my handbag. I always carry it as I like somewhere to carry my Kindle, phone (which doubles as my backup camera), lip balm, tissues etc. 

Just now, OzKiwiJJ said:

I'm stuck on the medallion step as well. I think I might try deleting and reinstalling the app.

I'll be keeping my medallion in my handbag. I always carry it as I like somewhere to carry my Kindle, phone (which doubles as my backup camera), lip balm, tissues etc. 

When I'm on a ship I don't like to bother with a handbag, except in the evening if I don't have pockets.

So did anyone else spot the anomaly in those protocols?

The one where you have to complete the health questionnaire no later than 24 hours before embarkation which includes attesting to your Covid test?

But if you choose to do a RAT it must be done within 24 hours of boarding. 

Oops!

I'll bring that up during the webinar if I can,

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

When I'm on a ship I don't like to bother with a handbag, except in the evening if I don't have pockets.

I just sling mine cross-body and it never bothers me. I like to have the extra protection for my Kindle. I'd go crazy if my Kindle broke, although we always carry a spare with us. And I like to do daily puzzles on my phone, it keeps my brain active. I do use a smaller handbag for travel than I do at home though.

7 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

So did anyone else spot the anomaly in those protocols?

The one where you have to complete the health questionnaire no later than 24 hours before embarkation which includes attesting to your Covid test?

But if you choose to do a RAT it must be done within 24 hours of boarding.

Oops!

I'll bring that up during the webinar if I can,

Very good pick up. I can imagine a very hurried re-writing of the protocols. 😁

Edited by Aus Traveller

17 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I have it on Apple iPad and android phone and they are both operating (or not operating) the same as is my travel mates.

I don’t do lanyards either but I do always have a bag of some description and all my day wear 3/4 pants have pockets.

Cheers Carole

5 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Vaccinated guests may use a self-test (sometimes referred to as an at-home test) or rapid antigen self-tests

5 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

You will need to attest you have received a negative COVID-19 test result,

The only way you can “receive” a negative test if you use a self test, is if the self test is supervised over zoom. Which is what we did for our current cruise.

Otherwise they are taking the passenger’s word for it (attest?) That would make Australia the most lax jurisdiction in the world. Which seems unlikely. Definitely worth seeking clarification.

• Like 1

Just now, Beagle5 said:

The only way you can “receive” a negative test if you use a self test, is if the self test is supervised over zoom. Which is what we did for our current cruise.

Otherwise they are taking the passenger’s word for it (attest?) That would make Australia the most lax jurisdiction in the world. Which seems unlikely. Definitely worth seeking clarification.

OK. Other than the word 'receive' maybe I should have used 'return'. The protocols that Princess has announced include a declaration regarding COVID (presumably that would include symptoms and reporting the result of a test). They also use the word 'attest' that indicates the declaration could be a legal document.