Have It All - Crew Incentive

Tedferg

We have never cruised HAL and wondering about 'Have It All' versus Princess Plus. The latter includes crew gratuities and so just a few drinks make Plus a break even. It would seem HAL does not include Crew Incentive in 'Have It All', right, and if so, then one needs to consider the value of Drinks Package.

Sorry, I was referring to Cabin Steward gratuity. My only experience is with Princess. Their drink package includes the 18% bar staff and the $14.50 daily Cabin gratuity. HAL description of Have-It-All says 'includes service charge' I read that to mean the 18% drink charge. So, Crew Incentive $15.50 is still charged if you choose Have-It-All?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Sorry, I was referring to Cabin Steward gratuity. My only experience is with Princess. Their drink package includes the 18% bar staff and the $14.50 daily Cabin gratuity. HAL description of Have-It-All says 'includes service charge' I read that to mean the 18% drink charge. So, Crew Incentive $15.50 is still charged if you choose Have-It-All?

There have been different “have it all” packages.  Some include the crew incentive and some give you shore excursions credit instead of the crew incentive.

If it says “includes service charge” it nearly sounds like it includes the Crew incentive - an easy way to know is to check page 2 of your confirmation from HAL.  it will say what is included… if it says prepaid Crew Incentive then its included.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kazu said:

There have been different “have it all” packages.  Some include the crew incentive and some give you shore excursions credit instead of the crew incentive.

If it says “includes service charge” it nearly sounds like it includes the Crew incentive - an easy way to know is to check page 2 of your confirmation from HAL.  it will say what is included… if it says prepaid Crew Incentive then its included.

Web site says, Excursion / Drink Package / Specialty Dining / Wi Fi. The included Service Charge is mentioned under Drink Package. Web Site Chat requires booking number and I assume 'page 2 confirmation' would be after booking.

Just now, Tedferg said:

Web site says, Excursion / Drink Package / Specialty Dining / Wi Fi. The included Service Charge is mentioned under Drink Package. Web Site Chat requires booking number and I assume 'page 2 confirmation' would be after booking.

OH sorry, I thought you had booked.  I misunderstood.

But reading what you have posted from the website, Crew incentive is not included.  Instead you have the shore excursion package.

3 minutes ago, Tennessee Titan said:

None of the recent "Have it All" packages have included gratuities (crew incentive)...

OK thank you, that is what I thought. FYI Princess Plus package is $40 per person, per day and includes $14.50 cabin gratuity. So for us $25 worth of drinks and specialty coffees is easy to figure. DW hardly drinks, I am a couple of beers and a glass of wine, so I guess Have-It-All would not make sense for us

Further thoughts / questions.

Have-It-All is $50 per day includes Specialty Dining, $100 Excursion, that looks like ~ $150 so drinks are ~$28 per day. Maybe worthwhile after all.

Question, is Have-It-All usually $50 per day? The website promo says 50% off.

8 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Further thoughts / questions.

Have-It-All is $50 per day includes Specialty Dining, $100 Excursion, that looks like ~ $150 so drinks are ~$28 per day. Maybe worthwhile after all.

Question, is Have-It-All usually $50 per day? The website promo says 50% off.

Have it All is not usually available to buy separately so you need to price the items out individually.  The Signature Beverage Package is $44.95 + 18% gratuity pp if you order and pay for it  pre-cruise and $54.95 + 18% gratuity. So, well over $100 / day for 2 people. Adding the $300 shore excursion credit into the mix along with the cost of wifi & specialty dining the Have It All package is much more than $50 per day.  

6 hours ago, kazu said:

Have it All is not usually available to buy separately so you need to price the items out individually.  The Signature Beverage Package is $44.95 + 18% gratuity pp if you order and pay for it  pre-cruise and $54.95 + 18% gratuity. So, well over $100 / day for 2 people. Adding the $300 shore excursion credit into the mix along with the cost of wifi & specialty dining the Have It All package is much more than $50 per day.  

I compared prices with and without Have It All and it was $50 per person per day.

46 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

I compared prices with and without Have It All and it was $50 per person per day.

If you are comparing the Best Price and Best Value fares, please be aware the Best Price has a non-refundable deposit, but the Best Value deposit is refundable. There is a third fare that has a refundable deposit but not the Have It All perks. You have to call or have your TA call to get this price. It might be better to compare the Best Value fare with this since both have a refundable deposit.

We prefer a refundable deposit. When comparing which fare to purchase, we use the value to us of the beverage package - which is much less than what HAL uses. We also use just half of a WiFi package value since we can share. Still we find that Best Value (Have It All) is worth it to us over the refundable fare without perks - especially if we wait for the Crew Appreciation (room gratuities) to be included.

Each person has to do the math to determine which fare is really best for them.

• Like 1

We are booked on the Canada New England cruise.  We added the have it all package.  It includes specialty coffees and water.  We do have to pay the crew gratuity separate, however, it does include the gratuity on the drinks.  The only thing is that since it raised the value of the cruise we ended up paying more for the insurance.

Edited by Bittersuite

4 hours ago, Cruise Suzy said:

. Still we find that Best Value (Have It All) is worth it to us over the refundable fare without perks - especially if we wait for the Crew Appreciation (room gratuities) to be included.

Each person has to do the math to determine which fare is really best for them.

Mostly the same math with us on Princess, however, Princess always includes crew gratuity in their 'Best Value' package and that is easily the tipping point. Hence my OP for clarification if HAL 'included service charge' meant more than just drink service charge.

What do you mean 'wait for room gratuity to be included'. Does HAL periodically include it?

22 hours ago, kazu said:

OH sorry, I thought you had booked.  I misunderstood.

But reading what you have posted from the website, Crew incentive is not included.  Instead, you have the shore excursion package.

Jaquie, just got off the Nieuw Statendam and our Crew Incentive was included.  On our trip in December, no Crew Incentive included.  Loved having the "full deal" on this last cruise and our cruise last October.

2 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Does HAL periodically include it?

Yes. Look for promos including Crew Appreciation (room gratuities) around holidays - Labor Day and Black Friday especially come to mind. The promo is always reported on this forum as soon as someone notices it.

When we booked Eurodam for April 30 Alaska RT from SEA, our Have It All included Signature Beverage Package, Wave Internet, Shore Excursion Credit, and Crew Incentives.  We also had a minimal deposit requirement. 

Can’t wait till Saturday!

Lady J

On 4/27/2022 at 3:31 PM, Tedferg said:

What do you mean 'wait for room gratuity to be included'. Does HAL periodically include it?

About 3-4 weeks ago there was a Crew Appreciation 72-hour sale. I re-fared for two cabins and had to bring the one cabin up to $1200 deposit from $600... but the fare itself went down $300 per cabin! And the HIA benefits stayed the same.

I was sure it couldn't get any better, but someone on my Roll Call posted "Check your Fares" and sure enough, they had dropped more than twice the value of the gratuities! It all comes out of the same pocket in the end -- of course we will pay the grats -- but this reduction now also covers most of the price of cancellation "insurance"!