Move up question

amyhphoto

I am not aware of any minimum booked category to be eligible to participate and believe that all categories that are available for any given itinerary will show the recommended minimum bid for each and are open for all to bid on.  Its all a matter of the bid value, and staterooms are awarded based on highest bid and down.

Here is a link to Celebrity's Move Up program:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Thanks 1

I was in an OV on Constellation in Dec., and I had a MoveUp offer for a Sky Suite. Probably depends on availability of cabins, but they'll take your money if you want to bid on a suite and one's available!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Suzanne123 said:

I am in an ocean view on the Summit and got move up opportunities for veranda, family veranda, concierge and aqua.  No suites.

That likely would be the result of no suites being available on that itinerary for the move up.  The program is based on category availability and not every category has available staterooms at the time the move up is offered.  

1 hour ago, leaveitallbehind said:

That likely would be the result of no suites being available on that itinerary for the move up.  The program is based on category availability and not every category has available staterooms at the time the move up is offered.  

Not entirely correct.  We have received move up offers for categories that were sold out.  Offering categories that are sold out provides them with a back-up when last minute cancellations occur.  They may limit the  number of passengers that they offer sold out categories.  If day PH & RS were sold out (10 suites on S class)

they could  limit the Move Up offer to just those already booked in a suite as it is unlikely they would have more than 1or 2 cancellations. 

8 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Not entirely correct.  We have received move up offers for categories that were sold out.  Offering categories that are sold out provides them with a back-up when last minute cancellations occur.  They may limit the  number of passengers that they offer sold out categories.  If day PH & RS were sold out (10 suites on S class)

they could  limit the Move Up offer to just those already booked in a suite as it is unlikely they would have more than 1or 2 cancellations. 

You are correct. 

But to the OP's question about not all booked categories being eligible for suite categories with the move up, I meant my comments to @Suzanne123 to say that if a suite category (as she was referring to) is not showing, it is not because the stateroom category she was in is not eligible to bid on the suite, but that there just may not be any available with the move up. 

I think just a different context of the conversation. 🙂

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I really appreciate everyone’s helpful responses. I  was reading through the “Move up tracker” thread and saw few if any people successfully move from an inside cabin up to a sky suite. Ill probably book a balcony and cross my fingers and toes!

I have a question relating to the Move Up. I went on and bid on all available cabins above my Veranda cabin, including all suites. They are all still pending. When I go on as if I am trying to book, everything is sold out, but my offers are all still pending.

I understand that they may be waiting for cancellations, but what is the likelihood at this point? My cruise is June 2nd. Has anyone been accepted when it shows sold out? I guess my question is, are their cabins that are "held" but not actually sold?

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, familyof4cruising said:

Just saw this on my move up bid:

Has anyone seen anything like this? Appeared today

Pricing above reflects a 20% discount to normal bid pricing. Act fast, as this promotion is only valid for a limited time.

No, I have not.  Thank you for sharing.  What date is your sailing?