Discovery Princess April 29th Coastal

ceilidh1

Dinner was good. Once we got to order, it came very fast, though drinks didn’t arrive until after we were done eating.

Chilled Pina Colada soup (my fave)

Clam Linguini (two clams total)

Chicken Bites from kid menu

63F679F0-81B9-4564-A285-BF9049C0653B.jpeg

62A52383-CF3A-436D-AF27-3D8E879D111C.jpeg

B6EA4FD3-2DC8-49E7-98FC-C60B05BF9286.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Gigi’s amazing veal pockets along with tuna baguette and margherita pizza!

B50562D9-6A21-4ABB-87E1-75E5D7338F85.jpeg

4206B682-E8CE-4F7D-8627-B3FA51E7F276.jpeg

3F9C4FEC-A00F-43AC-89E1-2782BC3927FE.jpeg

Magdelana is the hardest working restaurant manager. She and her staff were great. We just got off today. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

Just left sailaway for our dining reservation in Ketchikan dining room. Definitely understaffed. We’ve been sat here 15 minutes already and no one has taken our order. BUT we got a free glass of champagne from the naming ceremony. Lol. It’s ok. I’m still working on this drink that I asked the bartender to make me something special!

6E812ACD-1677-456A-B9DE-C8CCB7A2C464.jpeg

Watch out for that free champagne...guaranteed blinding headaches for hours!

• Haha 1

On 4/28/2022 at 5:53 PM, that said:

Tomorrow EVEN with delayed boarding  due to the Ship Naming Ceremonies, hoping for the Princess treatment for your trip.  You may take to Cruise Director DuVaul Gamble as you did to Matt O.  Bon Voyage.

You have to watch his daily Wake show. It is awesome. 

• Like 1

Thanks for all the awesome photos!

We were also on the Bliss last week. We had originally booked the Grand from LA to Vancouver, but switched to NCL when it got shortened from a 7-day to a 4-day.

The Bliss was lovely, but man...I really missed the beautiful Princess Piazza, and the delicious Princess desserts. 

Can't wait for my next Princess cruise!

• Like 1

We watched the comedian Kevin Jordan this evening. He was ok. Some of his stuff was funny, some went a bit too far, and some just wasn’t funny at all. Not the best but not the worst!

We also caught the end of a few trivia type game shows in Princess Live which were fun. Finally, we visited the shops as we had strict orders from the teen (who refused to miss school to cruise) to find a new Stanley Bear (we have every one so far) and a Discovery ornament. Sadly, the shops have nothing in stock…

3 minutes ago, dog said:

So all passengers will disembark in Vancouver in May 4?

Yes. The next leg is an Alaska sampler from Vancouver but ends in Seattle so it would be a violation to continue on. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Finally, we visited the shops as we had strict orders from the teen (who refused to miss school to cruise) to find a new Stanley Bear (we have every one so far) and a Discovery ornament. Sadly, the shops have nothing in stock…

Did you happen to spot if they do a crystal ship model?  We have a few Royal-class ship models in our collection but wasn't sure if they survived the supplier change.

21 minutes ago, dides said:

Did you happen to spot if they do a crystal ship model?  We have a few Royal-class ship models in our collection but wasn't sure if they survived the supplier change.

Yes, they did have those!

• Like 1

Ugh. Just typed out a long post and lost it!

In short - our cabin has the usual, amazing Princess bed. I slept like a baby. Yesterday, in port, there was no tax charged on drinks (very different to NCL 2 weeks ago). Later today there will be a “how to” session for help with ArriveCAN- so it seems it’s not mandatory to do it prior to embarkation.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, voljeep said:

do any of the pools have steps and not the dreaded ladder ?

We spent the afternoon at the Wake View pool yesterday and I’m 99% certain that it had a ladder on one side and steps/gradual entry on the other. I will take a look when I head up later.

87113E52-FDDB-4DC1-B84B-C6905289B5B4.jpeg

• Thanks 1