Live Cruising Review Oasis of the Seas 5/1/22 - 5/8/22 Lots of Pictures!

1 minute ago, Punnymaker said:

Is the wifi better in port or at sea?

If you are talking about the ship I feel it is better at sea except during rough weather conditions.

I always look for free Wi-Fi spot at the port to send large files for work / download movies and stuff.

1 minute ago, BennyBrun said:

If you are talking about the ship I feel it is better at sea except during rough weather conditions.

I always look for free Wi-Fi spot at the port to send large files for work / download movies and stuff.

Thanks.  I might have to have a call for work while I'm onboard and I'm trying to figure out the best time to schedule it.

31 minutes ago, Punnymaker said:

Thanks.  I might have to have a call for work while I'm onboard and I'm trying to figure out the best time to schedule it.

Get the stream if you are going to make calls, surf calling is not great.  I had stream in February and that was much better.  Wait until  2 hours after docking for better speed!  Show time is usually faster especially multiple shows going on at once!

Day 5

Two security officers from the Conquest is asking people coming back inside the secure area if they are from the conquest … I guess they have some that didn’t make it back yet?

8A55EBB9-C5A7-4158-B830-4B7D66A3B3B7.jpeg

56A806F8-6BFB-4BB4-9FEC-B7A7783CAE37.jpeg

A0FB32DA-C671-4DBB-A486-8C0C776A55AA.jpeg

519997D2-0E0E-4D46-A72C-B187B06C8954.jpeg

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Max and Ruby said:

Well I am glad you review trips and that I follow!  We were going to do this in June. Guess not!

Just double check again in June in case they have a grand reopening … I have been coming here every months this year and it has always been closed.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 4

Tiffany’s is gone for good!  Little green box no more on the Oasis … it will be replaced by one of the Kardashian … I don’t remember which one the person said!  The beach shop also is also being transformed … into more environmental friendly goods.  They also don’t have enough products for the stores!

Oh no the Kardashian's will be on Royal - Yuck!!!

That really stinks the aqua theater is having technical difficulties.  😔

• Like 3

19 hours ago, abkl said:

@BennyBrun

I know you said you don't want to hang out too much at AO due to no kids, but we are sailing Sep 25 and I'd really like to know if the my family time (first seating, kids get taken in ~45 minutes to AO directly) is in operation, and if not, do they have any idea when that may resume?  We want to try this for the first time due to the kids being old enough to actually go to the MDR instead of just having WJ food all the time but they still might protest at sitting through the whole dinner (and they want to go back to AO to see their friends).  Thank you so much for all the information you're sending back as well!

A lot can change from now till September.     I am sure someone with children will be able to answer your question when it gets closer to your sail date.      

22 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 4 Carousel 

Yes I took a ride 😂 

52ABF54F-543C-4FA2-B112-21B9DFBC022F.jpeg

I love carousels, but this old lady can't climb up on those horses anymore. 🤣 Is there a boring bench for me to sit on and still enjoy the ride?

4 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 5

I am walking to the end of Bay St if turning left to DD to use the WI-FI… if you keep going you will walk into Margaritaville and then Junkanoo beach!

23785C87-5208-4E5B-9B5E-CCE4CF59A7DC.jpeg

Athena Cafe is one of our favorite restaurants.  It is upstairs with a great view.  Classic Greek dishes. Very tasty and at least before covid, a very friendly owner who would enthusiastically greet each table with Opa!

3 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 5

Two security officers from the Conquest is asking people coming back inside the secure area if they are from the conquest … I guess they have some that didn’t make it back yet?

8A55EBB9-C5A7-4158-B830-4B7D66A3B3B7.jpeg

56A806F8-6BFB-4BB4-9FEC-B7A7783CAE37.jpeg

A0FB32DA-C671-4DBB-A486-8C0C776A55AA.jpeg

519997D2-0E0E-4D46-A72C-B187B06C8954.jpeg

WOW!!

You do an amazing job posting photos.

Very nice, thank you for taking your time for this.

On 5/1/2022 at 3:06 PM, megsterl said:

I hadnt even thought about it but now I have to wonder.  Our cruise is July 29th, which is a Friday so if the other ships are on a Saturday rotation will there be anything left?  I wonder is it 1st come 1st served?

We have a Friday to Friday cruise on Oasis in July, too.  Maybe one on Saturday and one on Sunday?  Or different length cruises?

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Oh no the Kardashian's will be on Royal - Yuck!!!

That really stinks the aqua theater is having technical difficulties.  😔

Yeah… it is weird … hopefully they will have it together soon!

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

A lot can change from now till September.     I am sure someone with children will be able to answer your question when it gets closer to your sail date.      

Yes, please do check back because a lot can change.  Things are constantly changing on the Oasis from February to May.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoperDK said:

I love carousels, but this old lady can't climb up on those horses anymore. 🤣 Is there a boring bench for me to sit on and still enjoy the ride?

It’s funny you asked… I thought about sitting on the bench myself 😂… yes there is a bench style seating for you to enjoy the ride!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

Saw the stowaway piano player in the elevator on the way up to the Suite Lounge. I have a short video. It it will take a while to post. 

mac_tlc

Yay!  You found him!  Can’t wait to see the video!

51 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

Athena Cafe is one of our favorite restaurants.  It is upstairs with a great view.  Classic Greek dishes. Very tasty and at least before covid, a very friendly owner who would enthusiastically greet each table with Opa!

Opa!!!!  It’s one of my favorite too!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, joand452 said:

We have a Friday to Friday cruise on Oasis in July, too.  Maybe one on Saturday and one on Sunday?  Or different length cruises?

There are different cruises leaving and returning to Bayonne on different dates and they are mostly different in lengths.

8 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

That would be a hard task… we are having issues with just getting the sound to work … you are asking a lot when you want to integrate two shows 😝 

Gotta admit it would be pretty cool though having the drummer use the foot pedal as each diver knifes into the water.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1