How to change CC password, due to databreach

How do I change my CC password?  Can’t find that information and the Search function just takes me to passport data.   I got a notice when I logged into CC just now saying my password had been breached, but when I said to change it, it didn’t take me anywhere.  Yikes!

6 minutes ago, LoriPhil said:

How do I change my CC password?  Can’t find that information and the Search function just takes me to passport data.   I got a notice when I logged into CC just now saying my password had been breached, but when I said to change it, it didn’t take me anywhere.  Yikes!

I found this on the "Need Help Using the Forums?" board:

9 hours ago, LoriPhil said:

Are you sure the notice was from CC and not a scam?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LauraS said:

The notice you received was NOT from us.

If they are using Safari the notice may be from iCloud keychain.  There is a list of passwords that have been used in known data leaks. So Safari knows if the password has been in data leak and pops up a warning. Unfortunately many people reuse passwords. I am guilty of that myself on sites from a long time ago before data leaks were understood. Other browsers besides Safari probably do the same thing. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

If they are using Safari the notice may be from iCloud keychain.  There is a list of passwords that have been used in known data leaks. So Safari knows if the password has been in data leak and pops up a warning. Unfortunately many people reuse passwords. I am guilty of that myself on sites from a long time ago before data leaks were understood. Other browsers besides Safari probably do the same thing. 

Chrome also checks passwords, but I don't believe it provides a link to change the password. It simply warns that the password may have been compromised. 

One can have Chrome check passwords it has saved using Settings | Passwords | Check passwords. This is a useful feature as it also checks sites one may rarely visit.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
On 4/30/2022 at 7:58 PM, dickinson said:

Click on your user name near the upper right of the screen.  In the drop down click on account settings.  You will see where it says password and a link if you want to change it.

I have done this and it doesn't take me anywhere or change the screen to allow me to actually change my password.  It says "Go to cruise critic"   But I am IN/Logged IN to cruise critic.  

3 hours ago, CruiseGal999 said:

I have done this and it doesn't take me anywhere or change the screen to allow me to actually change my password.  It says "Go to cruise critic"   But I am IN/Logged IN to cruise critic.  

If you are seeing the following pop up, click on continue.

Screenshot_20221209-142552_Chrome.jpg.9a5b2a7946359297ba7a0576fd25886a.jpg

If not, consider sending an email to help@cruisecritic.com. Include username and use registered email address.

2 minutes ago, broberts said:

If you are seeing the following pop up, click on continue.

Screenshot_20221209-142552_Chrome.jpg.9a5b2a7946359297ba7a0576fd25886a.jpg

If not, consider sending an email to help@cruisecritic.com. Include username and use registered email address.

Ok. Thanks.  Yes that is the pop up that doesn't work, go anywhere.