Worried

BKO

Just now, BKO said:

Sailing 2 weeks time on Britannia

Just now, BKO said:

Sailing 2 weeks time on Britannia , seems there is so much protocol , and a little over the top. 

Played a lot of money and still expected to pay more for testing ( nhs not acceptable) why?

Had a look at the Limelight and they now want £28.00 for the meal , it was 4 years ago since last time I was on the Britannia but I am pretty sure it was not so expensive.

One last gripe, black the nights surely not obligatory which they are making out it is.

NHS testing has never been acceptable for travel.

Limelight club has been £25 since it started. Some acts have been £28/£30/£35.

Black tie is not obligatory however Main Dining Rooms and Crows Nest amongst others enforce dress code.

• Like 11

1 minute ago, mickey1959 said:

May be its not for you then!!

Haha of course why didn't I think of that !! oh I remember probably about £5000 worth of reasons

You can usually go to Limelight for half price on the first night of your cruise if you wait to book onboard (and its not sold out!), or you get 20% off if you book in advance online so there's deals to be had.
I also think the testing in advance is so much better, at least you know before you travel to Southampton and by the sounds of things it has made the embarkation process a lot smoother.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Once you get on board all your worries will go away I'm sure.

Britannia is a lovely ship and you are on holiday.

Life is short,enjoy yourself.

Graham.

Thanks Graham, I know what a nice shop it is, I just don't want to be feeling that I am being watched all the time.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

NHS testing has never been acceptable for travel.

Limelight club has been £25 since it started. Some acts have been £28/£30/£35.

Black tie is not obligatory however Main Dining Rooms and Crows Nest amongst others enforce dress code.

Thanks for the reply ,memory must be going fast , for some reason when I was last on board 4 years ago I didn't think I paid that amount.

13 minutes ago, sistersontheseasuk said:

You can usually go to Limelight for half price on the first night of your cruise if you wait to book onboard (and its not sold out!), or you get 20% off if you book in advance online so there's deals to be had.
I also think the testing in advance is so much better, at least you know before you travel to Southampton and by the sounds of things it has made the embarkation process a lot smoother.

Thanks for the advice, I will book on board 

On board Britannia now. (and a little drunk, sorry!). I stressed far too much about the testing etc before boarding but it turned out to be very easy. Arrived at Southampton at 1230 and was onboard by 1300. Onboard the food in the MDR is perfectly edible but limited and more like school dinners. The buffet selection is the best I've seen on P&O in my limited experience, really did suprise me. 2 of our party went to the Glass House last night and had a really good meal.

Black tie tonight and most seem to be joining in.

• Like 7

50 minutes ago, tim2go said:

On board Britannia now. (and a little drunk, sorry!). I stressed far too much about the testing etc before boarding but it turned out to be very easy. Arrived at Southampton at 1230 and was onboard by 1300. Onboard the food in the MDR is perfectly edible but limited and more like school dinners. The buffet selection is the best I've seen on P&O in my limited experience, really did suprise me. 2 of our party went to the Glass House last night and had a really good meal.

Black tie tonight and most seem to be joining in.

Thanks my friend, you have put my mind at ease as my wife says I am stressing too much about the situation.

Have a great night and a drink for me.

• Like 2

"Played a lot of money and still expected to pay more for testing ( nhs not acceptable) why?

Because NHS testing is / was only free for people who are / were unwell,  like the rest of the NHS, not for cruise passengers going off on a jolly.   

FYI -  I'm both a cruise passenger and NHS worker, who will still be mask wearing for some time to come.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

Who is watching you ?

Could be anyone, with all the different rules and regulations, but really as I still have 2 weeks before I board I will have to be very careful and not let you know as you could be a Britannia spy.

16 minutes ago, wowzz said:

No one watches you, as those of us who have cruised recently will testify.

PS - you are not Roger are you ?

Roger oh.no shh Not Roger , Brian who would be really interested in how your cruise went ? I was on the Britannia 4 years ago and had one of the best holidays ever but I am feeling a bit apprehensive about this one.

25 minutes ago, wowzz said:

No one watches you, as those of us who have cruised recently will testify.

PS - you are not Roger are you ?

I guess the watching point is the mask wearing? If he/she takes their mask off in the theatre will there be something there telling him off?

It's a very good point about the new covid testing rules. Much better to get tested beforehand and then straight onto the ship. I believe a lot of people were complaining about the queues in Southampton with the old rules and that was when the number of passengers was relatively low?

5 minutes ago, JDB78 said:

I guess the watching point is the mask wearing? If he/she takes their mask off in the theatre will there be something there telling him off?

Well, I guess those who have the decency to wear masks will make their disapproval known !

3 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Well, I guess those who have the decency to wear masks will make their disapproval known !

Seems crazy , you can walk around the shop all day without a mask and no matter what they say you will be pretty close to people, but you go to the theatre and told to mask up

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BKO said:

Seems crazy , you can walk around the shop all day without a mask and no matter what they say you will be pretty close to people, but you go to the theatre and told to mask up

Surely the rules still allow people to drink in the theatre so I guess the trick is to take regular slow drinks? Must admit the mask wearing rules almost made us cancel, but after no cruises for 4 years, we thought may as well go and make the most of it. Hopefully won't interfere too much but admit it does seem stupid to not enforce rules apart from one venue when everyone is mixing in different venues all day.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JDB78 said:

Surely the rules still allow people to drink in the theatre so I guess the trick is to take regular slow drinks? Must admit the mask wearing rules almost made us cancel, but after no cruises for 4 years, we thought may as well go and make the most of it. Hopefully won't interfere too much but admit it does seem stupid to not enforce rules apart from one venue when everyone is mixing in different venues all day.

no drinks allowed in the theatre. You must wear a mask. Agree it’s a little silly when you can sit with strangers for your dinner or be very close to other tables but hey ho. 

as for the process I was worried about it all and the testing. I don’t like rigmarole like this at all but testing etc was really quick and far easier than I thought it would be. We didn’t pay for the tests but if we had of needed to then we would have just facted in that cost. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, JDB78 said:

IIRC, you cannot take drinks into the theatre.  

• Thanks 1