Expiring Credit from Princess

leaneff

Has anyone else had this happen?  I just found a credit, labeled as Used For Goodwill Fccs dated 6/17/20, which expires the end of this year.  The amount is $589.50, which is an odd amount as well.  The odd thing is that in November of 2021, I booked and took 2 cruises that month  at the last minute,

and if this credit had been on my account, we certainly would have seen it and used it.  I emailed my Princess cruise planner and asked when it posted and for the details, also questioning why neither of us saw it in November when we booked the two cruises we took.  I did not get a clear answer, but was told it expires at the end of this year.  Something is weird here, I am certain this credit has not been on my account since June of 2020, I certainly would have seen and used it on my past two trips.  Problem now is I have nothing planned until 2023 but don't want to loose this credit and not sure it is refundable.  Hoping to hear back from my cruise planner, but doubt he will send a second response.

1 hour ago, leaneff said:

Has anyone else had this happen?  I just found a credit, labeled as Used For Goodwill Fccs dated 6/17/20, which expires the end of this year.  The amount is $589.50, which is an odd amount as well.  The odd thing is that in November of 2021, I booked and took 2 cruises that month  at the last minute,

and if this credit had been on my account, we certainly would have seen it and used it.  I emailed my Princess cruise planner and asked when it posted and for the details, also questioning why neither of us saw it in November when we booked the two cruises we took.  I did not get a clear answer, but was told it expires at the end of this year.  Something is weird here, I am certain this credit has not been on my account since June of 2020, I certainly would have seen and used it on my past two trips.  Problem now is I have nothing planned until 2023 but don't want to loose this credit and not sure it is refundable.  Hoping to hear back from my cruise planner, but doubt he will send a second response.

Explicitly ask the CVP if it the expiry date can be extended due to the hiatus in cruises caused by Covid-19 pandemic.

3 hours ago, brisalta said:

Explicitly ask the CVP if it the expiry date can be extended due to the hiatus in cruises caused by Covid-19 pandemic.

So far Princess has said "absolutely no" to extensions beyond 12/31/22 for  FCCs issued due to cruises being cancelled during the pandemic.

1 hour ago, caribill said:

So far Princess has said "absolutely no" to extensions beyond 12/31/22 for  FCCs issued due to cruises being cancelled during the pandemic.

Princess has automatically extended some of my FCC to Feb & September 2023

so I believe it is WORTH asking.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, caribill said:

You paid the fare. The ship did not sail. FCC was instead of a refund for a fare that you paid. I am waiting for the class action law suits to start regarding the FCC having an expiry date.

Once the law suits start:

https://media.tenor.com/images/727dea12d3768e2b60df7f37fd6c27a3/tenor.gif

Edited by brisalta

1 hour ago, brisalta said:

You paid the fare. The ship did not sail. FCC was instead of a refund for a fare that you paid. I am waiting for the class action law suits to start regarding the FCC having an expiry date.

There should not be any lawsuits.

For the FCC for the fare paid, Princess will give a full refund to the method paid if asked. (and the customer chose the FCC initially instead of a refund in order to get a bonus FCC.)

For the bonus FCC, that would be lost if unused, but it would be a bonus that the recipient chose not to use in the time it could be applied. Hard to sue for something that involved no out-of-pocket money.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, brisalta said:

Once the law suits start:

https://media.tenor.com/images/727dea12d3768e2b60df7f37fd6c27a3/tenor.gif

The

There will be no "class action suit", sorry to disappoint you. The credit cited is goodwill credit which was given to those who chose not to get a refund. It is not the money the cruiser laid out to book the cancelled cruise. It is akin to non-refundable OBC.

If that FCC had been in your account when you booked those cruises in November, it definitely would have automatically been applied. This is an issue that we have had, that Princess applies FCCs on a first come first serve basis, without regard to what makes sense for the guest. 

I agree with you that it’s shown up since then. So why that expiration date? Once again, I have to bemoan the fact that Princess has absolutely no audit trail for FCCs and FCDs. 

• Like 3

My previous PVP extended 1,802.12 (actually it was more but I used part last month) to 5/1/23 so that I could book a 3/7/23 cruise downunder last December. I can't even get my current one to return my call or emails so I don't know if yours will let you apply it to a 2023 cruise

Princess extended the date on our FCCs that were the original cruise fare, but we got a definite "NO" on extending the expiration on the goodwill FCCs.  We have asked at least 4 times and not always the same person.  So, our Feb 2023 cruise is now a Dec 2022 cruise.

For the OP, I agree something seems off with your situation.  Our FCCs all were automatically applied when we made our booking.  I tried to find a way to stop it and couldn't without calling in and having it removed.