Pricing difference

babs135

I'm looking at a cruise to the Norwegian Fjords and the price for a balcony is quoted at £763 pp which is reasonable.  I then looked at the price for the Yacht Club and it's £2,026 pp.  Is the Club really worth such a huge price differential?  I can't imagine that it is and I won't be booking at that price.

Not sure which cruise you are looking at but we are going next week and YC balcony was around £1,500pp, interior was around £1,100 when we booked. At that price it was worth it for us but wouldn't pay over £2000.

1 hour ago, babs135 said:

Is the Club really worth such a huge price differential?

Depends on what you are comparing:

What kind of balcony cabin (Bella, Fantastica, Aurea) and what kind of YC cabin (deluxe suite or a better one)? Is there any drink package included (YC comes with premium extra which would cost about £50-60 per day and person)? 

In the end, it is up to you: it is worth what you are willing to pay for.

Edited by RudiRatlos

2 hours ago, kernow said:

Not sure which cruise you are looking at but we are going next week and YC balcony was around £1,500pp, interior was around £1,100 when we booked. At that price it was worth it for us but wouldn't pay over £2000.

Obviously I can't mention the travel agent but I must admit that the price difference took me by surprise . Haven't checked any other agents or direct. Maybe I should just in case the original price is wrong. 

3 minutes ago, babs135 said:

Obviously I can't mention the travel agent but I must admit that the price difference took me by surprise . Haven't checked any other agents or direct. Maybe I should just in case the original price is wrong. 

When are you looking at going? The YC prices for our cruise have increased although there is still quite a few cabins available.

1 hour ago, kernow said:

When are you looking at going? The YC prices for our cruise have increased although there is still quite a few cabins available.

To be honest I'm just browsing at the moment. Dates are end of June to early September. If we can find a cruise within our budget we'll grab it but looking at multiple cruise lines.

8 hours ago, babs135 said:

I'm looking at a cruise to the Norwegian Fjords and the price for a balcony is quoted at £763 pp which is reasonable.  I then looked at the price for the Yacht Club and it's £2,026 pp.  Is the Club really worth such a huge price differential?  I can't imagine that it is and I won't be booking at that price.

Obvioulsly not, but a Ryanair ticket sometimes costs £10 and sometimes costs £500. Sometimes Interior sells out fast, sometimes Balcony, sometimes YC. Prices change so often and are totally flexible, not much sense to compare one exact date/ship/cabin/category/promo. I have seen a Fantastica Balcony cheaper than a Bella Inside. 

If you like price for a special route and ship and cabin, a balcony for £763 for example 😉 , just grab it.

On 5/7/2022 at 10:46 AM, babs135 said:

The price is what I should expect to pay for the Yacht Club. I should not cruise without the Yacht Club so I should pay that if I should go on that cruise.  

On 5/7/2022 at 9:46 AM, babs135 said:

Context....we are YC cruisers, but not at any price! My response is that if you strip the individual elements down, and consider them on a one by one basis, then no it is not really worth it.

However the sum of each of the constituent parts does not adequately answer the question....when you take it all together as a whole, it gets much closer to being worth the differential.

If your pricing is directly from the website, then you are already paying about 15% more than going with the best UK websites and that's before any of the 5+5% discount available to Voyager Club members. Also, if you are working within the NHS further discount is available.