Cagney's in place of Haven Restaurant

MacII

Hello,

We're on POA in two weeks! Anyway, this is the first cruise I've done in "Haven" where there isn't an actual Haven Lounge or restaurant. I've been told we can use Cagney's in place of an actual Haven restaurant for breakfast and lunch (sadly, not dinner...) Has anyone else had this experience? How is Cagney's as a substitute for an actual Haven Restaurant?

Thanks for any feedback you care to share.

If I remember correctly the "Haven" concept was added to the ships beginning with The Epic.  The smaller ships use Cagney's or a another Specility restaurant as the "Haven" for breakfast and lunch.  I have eaten in Cagney's for breakfast and lunch several times.  It is aa quiet place to have a meal.

It is a calm, quiet venue for these meals.  The menu is the same each day, a pretty good variety.  

The service is excellent, and the servers get to know you by name. We always eat several meals there, but we also enjoy trying out other restaurants as well.  It is a nice benefit.

I haven't done it on POA, but have been in Haven on the smaller jewel class ships that also lack a formal Haven restaurant. The menu stays the same, but a lot of people say the quality of the food is a bit better than the main dining room. Nice and quiet place to eat with more attentive service than the MDR. 

We've gotten a bit lazy as we've sailed more, and typically just do breakfast in our room if we're in a suite. 

Essentially, they use the Cagney's space but serve a limited "Haven" breakfast and lunch menu. It's usually peaceful and the staff get to know you and your preferences. Also, the concierge typically has a work space in the waiting area of the restaurant and walks the restaurant checking on passengers, helping with any needs or concerns. I actually prefer it to the big Havens. 

Edited by Shellbelle28
  • Like 1

its the same menu as you would find if your ship had a dedicated haven area, we were recently on the jade, and breakfast was in moderno, lunch at cagney's . no difference between those choices and on any of the ships that have "havens" 

aslo since cagney's is one of the "specialty restaurants, ad is moderno, they are not available exclusively for haven guests. for dinners, they are open to all passengers.

by the way, breakfasts menu is amazing!

3 hours ago, MacII said:

Hello,

We're on POA in two weeks! Anyway, this is the first cruise I've done in "Haven" where there isn't an actual Haven Lounge or restaurant. I've been told we can use Cagney's in place of an actual Haven restaurant for breakfast and lunch (sadly, not dinner...) Has anyone else had this experience? How is Cagney's as a substitute for an actual Haven Restaurant?

Thanks for any feedback you care to share.

It is the same for suites on all small ships (jewel class ship have suites and Haven). This is not unique to the POA (which is a small ship). You only get breakfast and lunch. Both menus are similar to the Haven menus. 

On the POA, you are in port every day with multiple over-night port calls (where you should take advantage of a luau and other local dining). You won't miss the Haven Restaurant. You're hardly ever in your room. 

Edited by BirdTravels

We had this on The Pearl when we were in the 2br Family Suite.  But for us on embarkation day they used Cagney's for lunch and the rest of the cruise breakfast and lunch were in Moderno. 

As others have said the wait staff will get to know you. One day while deciding what to eat for lunch our server  said  "Are you still going to have the NY Strip today like you mentioned yesterday or something else?"  I was having trouble deciding what to eat.