Live from Beautiful Carnival Dream

BlerkOne

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

BlerkOne was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

On the ship. Embarkation was a snap. Cabin was ready. Muster done. On Lido now - let the grazing begin.

• Like 11

A minor nuisance - they seem to have misplaced my order for an Internet plan, a case of water, and steakhouse reservations. 

The steakhouse confirmed we do have reservations, I picked up my Diamond water, and once that find/verify the internet plan they will reimburse for the one I just purchased. Issues mitigated!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

Could use a little maintenance, but I won't notice that from the ship.

PXL_20220507_154305026.MP.jpg

Saw her in Costa Maya on Tuesday. She looked fine to me! Have a great cruise! 😎

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

Did they charge you tax? I had to pay tax on mine for picking it up the first day on Glory.

Nope. Limited liquor choices at the moment since it is Texas  They say the water I pre-ordered won't be delivered until tonight.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

Could use a little maintenance, but I won't notice that from the ship.

PXL_20220507_154305026.MP.jpg

Could that be primer? On our last couple of cruises on the Glory we were pleasantly surprised to see them actually using power tools to remove rust, then put on primer and later put on the finish coat. In the past all we had seen them do was slap paint on top of rust.

That covered first deck above the Lido deck is one of the things we really like about the Dream class ships. We spent a lot of time sitting in that shade on the Dream. We were sorry to see it leave New Orleans. Now that they have spiffied up the Glory out of New Orleans we really like it, but still miss that shady area with the breeze blowing through.

image.png.bce1241bc75b1d4c9b630fa17eae4f0c.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, icft said:

Could that be primer? On our last couple of cruises on the Glory we were pleasantly surprised to see them actually using power tools to remove rust, then put on primer and later put on the finish coat. In the past all we had seen them do was slap paint on top of rust.

It could be 

Checked luggage made it to the cabin before 1:30pm.

• Thanks 1

Major accident somewhere apparently (not on the ship), so we won't be sailing away on schedule. I already know I45 was being shutdown to 1 lane in each direction just north of Galveston. I guess this could be something added on top. MarQ says no impact to schedule (yet).

• Like 1

Didn't see any scissors seized, but it could have happened. I had about 8 pair divided up and all made it. They told me to get our wine inspected, but we just kept walking. Important people needed to get on the ship.

They didn't say anything about my power cube that Mobile objected to.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, icft said:

That covered first deck above the Lido deck is one of the things we really like about the Dream class ships. We spent a lot of time sitting in that shade on the Dream. We were sorry to see it leave New Orleans. Now that they have spiffied up the Glory out of New Orleans we really like it, but still miss that shady area with the breeze blowing through.

image.png.bce1241bc75b1d4c9b630fa17eae4f0c.png

Dream class have the thalasowhatever that I like, but we didn't get spa passes this time.

• Like 1