Website issues once again

Paphillyguy

I know I had read last week regarding check in issue online.  It seems these continue as I tried to check in this morning and received an error.  Anyone else in the same boat.  It does seem like the App is working.  I say it every time there is an IT issue but it really does amaze that a company this size has such horrible IT.  Logging on and having my booking come up as not found everyday has become acceptable to me and that is just ridiculous.  

Hi PapHillG-

Did you book direct with MSC?

Then just call 877-665-4655, if not answer in 3-5 minutes...call back another time of day.Ask they to kindly look up your booking number and assist you in completing your web check in and email you the documents.

Super easy and has worked for us in February and last week for our Saturday departure...

Note: their website works best on Firefox on Windows based computers.

Apple/ios, android, and others are <awesome. 

Be sure and delete all cookies and other browser noise, on FireFox that is an option you can enable that it automatically clears all when you log off.

Cheers!

As to the post that says TA had to intervene....

That is the TA's job! 

If you book through TA or any other 3rd patty middleman, you should only deal with that middleman. 

Those middlemen make $$ and are paid to do that for you...

Cheers!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NMsunset said:

Hi Paphill-

You mentioned APP, hopefully you are not using the APP to check in.

you should check in from the URL on a windows computer, using Firefox as the browser...works like a charm.

Cheers!

I tried Firefox and I get the same error when attempting to check in.  I try in windows explorer - error and I tried goggle - error.   I was curious if the app worked - error.  The people we are traveling with they get the same result when they try to do the same with their reservation.   I will call to check in if it does not fix itself in a week or 2.  We are about 30 days out.  

NM, Just curious why do you suggest not checking in on the APP?  

• 11 months later...

Ugh...as soon as I paid my deposit on a cruise, the website stopped working on my desktop computer. I get this. But it works on my phone. I've rebooted my computer, restarted the browser and cleared the cache. 

PAGE UNAVAILABLE

Our apologies but we have encountered a problem.  Please return to the Homepage and start again.
If you continue to experience issues, do not hesitate to contact one of our Cruise Consultants who will be able to assist you further.

Thank you for choosing MSC

I tried to pay for internet with my AAA Visa card.  Would not accept it.  Switched to my husband's account.  Still not accepted.  Switched from Firefox to Chrome.  NG.  Restarted computer and tried again several times.  Still no go.  So then tried a travel Mastercard (only gives 1% instead of 3%).  Took it on first try.  I called the number on back of the Visa card and they said there was nothing wrong with it.  Go figure.

2 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

I tried to pay for internet with my AAA Visa card.  Would not accept it.  Switched to my husband's account.  Still not accepted.  Switched from Firefox to Chrome.  NG.  Restarted computer and tried again several times.  Still no go.  So then tried a travel Mastercard (only gives 1% instead of 3%).  Took it on first try.  I called the number on back of the Visa card and they said there was nothing wrong with it.  Go figure.

I had the same thing happen with another credit card. I called the bank and they said it was an international transaction and I didn't notify them that I was going out of country. MSC uses a bank in France, I believe,

so whatever card you are using let them know when you are leaving the country. Also, be sure and use a

card with No International Transaction Fees, otherwise, you'll be charged a fee especially if they charge Euros VS US Dollars exchange charge.

• Like 2

Trying to complete the web check-in and get the needed boarding pass and ticket documents.  To the best of my knowledge I have completed everything correctly.  Obviously I haven't done everything correctly but the website and app both tell me the documents are ready.  I click on either the send to my email button (yes I put my email address in there) or download button and get a error message.  I have tried on google chrome, firefox and on the app.  Have tried logging into my MSC account and by booking number.  None work.  Cruise is coming up in less than 20 days.  Any tricks to get it to work?

Thanks

image.thumb.png.f1c3faeb42445642f54adcf2f4dd2d0a.png

On 5/7/2023 at 10:20 AM, PTC DAWG said:

Pretty sure they mean customer service.  

They are always nice to me at the white tent. 

Yeah, exactly. I've had fine CS on the phones, the rare occasions I've called. But the service onboard the ship, which is what really matters, has always been outstanding.