May 21 Equinox, What port has the water taxi to an island off shore, for sun and beers!

Roxyjoan

What port has the water taxi to an island off shore, for sun and beers! I’ve read you can take a water taxi to an island and have chairs, umbrella, beer and food. I thought I read you could take a water taxi just 5 minutes for the port. 

20 minutes ago, Roxyjoan said:

What port has the water taxi to an island off shore, for sun and beers! I’ve read you can take a water taxi to an island and have chairs, umbrella, beer and food. I thought I read you could take a water taxi just 5 minutes for the port. 

I think if you want a response you should list the ports you will be visiting. Doubt anyone is going to look it up for you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We are on that same sailing. If I recall from my last eastern Caribbean cruise about 10 years ago Saint Martin has a water taxi. It could be St. Thomas but I’m thinking it was Saint Martin. Whichever one it is it’s just a quick walk from the pier and you can basically see the beach from the water taxi landing. Wouldn’t be that much of a walk either. I didn’t really look for refreshments on that beach that you could buy a chair and umbrella. 

7 hours ago, Roxyjoan said:

Where are you going? You can check the cruise port pages and find helpful information 

2 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

They are? When did this become policy please?

We just cancelled our Aug 1 Apex sailing due to all of this nonsense and our only option given was future cruise credit (after a $100 cxl fee)

19 minutes ago, tinaincc said:

We just cancelled our Aug 1 Apex sailing due to all of this nonsense and our only option given was future cruise credit (after a $100 cxl fee)

Yes, the non refundable option for the deposit is $100:cancellation fee per person and the remainder of deposit is applied to future cruise credit to be used by a sailing which departs 1 yr from original cruise date. 

10 hours ago, Roxyjoan said:

Where Celebrity docks in St Thomas, there's a water taxi within walking distance that goes to Water Island.  When you get to the island they provide transportation for the short trip to the bar/restaurant which has chairs and umbrellas.  The food and drinks have always been good.  We've done this several times and enjoyed it.  

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Sounds like St Maarten to me.  It's not really an island off-shore but an in town beach area.  The water taxi goes from the pier to the town.  One of the best values in the Caribbean. 

That beach is highly polluted and if you take the water taxi at the end of the dock by the marina you can see the sewage dumping into the water.

5 hours ago, MartinsCruise said:

Where Celebrity docks in St Thomas, there's a water taxi within walking distance that goes to Water Island.  When you get to the island they provide transportation for the short trip to the bar/restaurant which has chairs and umbrellas.  The food and drinks have always been good.  We've done this several times and enjoyed it.  

This, leaves from the next door Marina, from Tickles Bar. 

https://dinghysbeachbar.com/