Q & A for those cruising Princess June 16, 19, 23 & 26 out of Brisbane

7 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Cool. What forum are the “testers” using 🥰

Facey. At one point the post disappeared and I thought that maybe they had a Social Media ban or something. But the post re-appeared. They also confirmed that the Lotus Pool is heated. YES!!!

• Like 3

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

It's great that she will like these. The hamburgers and chips are quite OK at the grill on deck.

And I believe the Grill has Hot Dogs too. She will love them as well. 

• Like 1

More insider knowledge from someone currently onboard the Coral:

The Lotus Pool is heated.

They successfully had lunch delivered to their lounger via the Medallion app.

In the cabin there is 1 Australian Powerpoint and 2 USB points.

The temperature onboard seem comfortable to them, but they are from Canberra. So could be too cold for me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CDaze71 said:

***SOFT SERVE ICE CREAM UPDATE***
Seems that there IS indeed complimentary Soft Serve Ice cream and with sprinkles on the Coral.
Someone who is currently on that current TEST Cruise sneakily just mentioned it, near the Lotus Pool.
Excellent news. 

I thought we already knew.

I have spotted two contributors. One said they were going to Willis Island and another said they were going to Cairns. Looks like they have a busy afternoon ahead 😂

• Haha 2

Irene, would you please measure the width and length of the small bathroom shelves. After seeing a tip on FB I think I might take some small baskets or containers to put toileties in for easy access without the risk of them rolling all over the bathroom if things get a bit rough. 

Thanks 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Irene, would you please measure the width and length of the small bathroom shelves. After seeing a tip on FB I think I might take some small baskets or containers to put toileties in for easy access without the risk of them rolling all over the bathroom if things get a bit rough. 

Thanks 

Ok I’ll work out the width by hmmmmm iphone13 next to it??? I forgot my tape measure lol. I’ll put something recognisable next to them. But at the risk of sounding posh, we’re in a suite fir the first time so not sure if I get bigger shelves lol.

on another note, in my nine cruises I’ve never had anything roll of my shelf and there’s been a few cruises where they place sick bags over the staircase rails so you can help yourself lol. Reasonable indication of a rough night 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Ok I’ll work out the width by hmmmmm iphone13 next to it??? I forgot my tape measure lol. I’ll put something recognisable next to them. But at the risk of sounding posh, we’re in a suite fir the first time so not sure if I get bigger shelves lol.

on another note, in my nine cruises I’ve never had anything roll of my shelf and there’s been a few cruises where they place sick bags over the staircase rails so you can help yourself lol. Reasonable indication of a rough night 

Julie is also in a suite. 🙂

• Like 1

On 6/11/2022 at 2:14 AM, Cbtours said:

So just logged into 16th June cruise and its showing excursions are closed! 19th, 23 and 26th showing so it must be because its getting closer maybe. Of course they only had two disembark excursions.

We're departing on the 26th and I saw this as well. I spoke with a Princess agent and she said they were updating their excursions page or something like that and that it should be back up and running soon. I panicked this morning when I went to book our excursions!

Edited by paigeyy.pie

38 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Thanks 

Better pack your tool belt Irene 

Cheers Carole

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

😂 No calipers in your luggage?

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, paigeyy.pie said:

We depart on the 26th and can't decide which port to snorkel out of, we would like to book an excursion through Princess for snorkeling. Which port do you recommend? How was the coral and sea life on the tour you did?

There are three ports where you could do some snorkelling.

Airlie Beach. The only way here is to go on a Princess tour to the pontoon at Hardy Reef. If this isn't available, it is likely because we won't be there in time. This is a very good tour but expensive. Passengers are picked up directly from the ship. It takes a couple of boring hours in the catamaran to get out to the reef. Once there, it is really excellent. Then a couple of boring hours to get back. You cannot book this tour independently because by the time you would get ashore in the tender, the tour would have left. All in all, a great trip.

Cairns. Green Island is the closest snorkel spot, but I have found it disappointing in recent years. The coral isn't great. Fitzroy Island is a bit further from Cairns and good, but I don't think you would have time to get there. From Cairns, I suggest a trip on the Skyrail to Kuranda if you haven't done that before.

Port Douglas. A company called Reef Sprinter takes small groups (12 to 16) to either the Low Isles or to the Outer Reef. They use jet boats that travel very quickly and also eliminate the possibility of seasickness enroute to the reef. The Low Isles trip is quite good and the Outer Reef trip is better. I can recommend this company. Check it out on line and book ahead if this is the trip you want to do.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, paigeyy.pie said:

We depart on the 26th and can't decide which port to snorkel out of, we would like to book an excursion through Princess for snorkeling. Which port do you recommend? How was the coral and sea life on the tour you did?

If a trip to the reef is offered I would suggest that fir snorkelling.

1 hour ago, Cbtours said:

We haven't had anything roll off in the past but I've always been careful to place bigger items next to the shelf bar so they block smaller items from sliding under the bar.

However it would be much easier the have various things grouped then just lift the whole group basket down to use them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cbtours said:

Yes, suites might be different to the normal tiny Princess bathrooms. 

That was one thing I loved about Celebrity bathrooms - there were a couple of small drawers plus a full height narrow cupboard with shelves, split into two sections with a glass door on the top half and a wooden door on the lower half.

Hello folks,

Anyone know if PCL will allow us to bring sanitiser onboard?

The new post-pandemic norm for us is always packing a few bottles of 75% ethanol with us as our sanitiser so don't want any surprise from the security

Cheers,

Michael

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, eamondzhang said:

Hello folks,

The new post-pandemic norm for us is always packing a few bottles of 75% ethanol with us as our sanitiser so don't want any surprise from the security

Cheers,

Michael

I hope so, because I was planning on taking some of those little bottle.
But now I think about it, little bottles with clear liquid in them might be banned.
Another Question for @Cbtours 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, eamondzhang said:

Hello folks,

Cheers,

Michael

I don't see why not unless it is pure alcohol.😁 I know ethanol is alcohol, but I don't think you intend to drink your sanitiser.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CDaze71 said:

But now I think about it, little bottles with clear liquid in them might be banned.

Yeah that's what makes me worry as well

I know for a fact I have to check them in already on Qantas

Certainly hope it's ok

@Cbtours Thanks! 😄 

Michael

4 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

I prefer to take the sanitised wiped and put half a dozen in a small clip lock bag use them after I have pulled my chair in the eat

Cheers  Carole