Q & A for those cruising Princess June 16, 19, 23 & 26 out of Brisbane

1 hour ago, Cbtours said:

The app says it will supply info 48 hrs out so unless anyone else is on trip 16 June they won’t know

Maybe 48hrs US time, who knows.

The upload doesn't need to be there for us. That is to  upload the digital copy of the supervised covid test, or a photographic copy of it.

Interesting if you stay green line without it, and they intend everyone to attest in the terminal as per your earlier response from Princess. Just thinking that someone in the office has to manually check all of these photos. Sounds like a fun job.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

To be honest with you, I always get the best results from phone calls to Princess if I ring in the morning. Perhaps you can try again tomorrow? Good luck 😆

I would love to, I’m just not able to. I start work about 8am and they don’t open until 9. Oh well. I got through after 50 minutes. My query has been sent to the Solutions people and I have been told to call back in 48 hrs to follow up.  

1 minute ago, sj_cavy said:

I would love to, I’m just not able to. I start work about 8am and they don’t open until 9. Oh well. I got through after 50 minutes. My query has been sent to the Solutions people and I have been told to call back in 48 hrs to follow up.  

Good luck then 🤞

• Thanks 1

I think they are going to have big issues at the terminal on embarkation day or 24 hours before, when everyone who has been told that they only have to attest to having a negative RAT test suddenly have to have a pic of it and they don't have it any more.  Then what??  Going to be a mess methinks.  🤔

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pryce_tag said:

I think they are going to have big issues at the terminal on embarkation day or 24 hours before, when everyone who has been told that they only have to attest to having a negative RAT test suddenly have to have a pic of it and they don't have it any more.  Then what??  Going to be a mess methinks.  🤔

I’ve sent email

to my excellent PvP too

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, pryce_tag said:

Also does anyone know how much a decent coffee is onboard?  Hubby is trying to decide if it's worth buying the coffee and soda package.  Thanks in advance.

I can let you know on Thursday!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pryce_tag said:

Also does anyone know how much a decent coffee is onboard?  Hubby is trying to decide if it's worth buying the coffee and soda package.  Thanks in advance.

You can buy a coffee card only which will also give you specialty teas and hot chocolate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pryce_tag said:

These.were the prices in 2019. We won't know if they've changed until cbtours gets onboard.

826859736_2019-08-2913_47_49.thumb.jpg.83bdf66e49976cf23385a1f57468748a.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pryce_tag said:

Only way your hubby will get a half decent coffee is to buy a Specialty Coffee as above and they go on your account. If you have a budget, get the packages, soda or coffee card (limit of 15 per card). Enjoy 🚢

• Like 1

12 hours ago, valantine80 said:

You can buy a coffee card only which will also give you specialty teas and hot chocolate.

But the card is the same price regardless of length of cruise and not transferable to next cruise so unless you can drink 15 coffees in 3 days it’s not worth it gir 3 day cruise. I’ll confirm tomorrow 

8.10 update with one day 10 hrs to cruise 🥳

two negative rats. Took individual pics plus one together to cover all possible scenarios.

went into app and def was offering no progress without uploading pics.

both now say pending approval just as the vac cert upload has said all along. Only now the vac cert is saying approved, so obviously things are happening. Maybe you later cruisers can go in and check your vac cert approval to see if everyone has changed now or it happens closer to cruise?

today I will start a live topic and put any additional info, updates as I check app changes then continue with the process tomorrow 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

8.10 update with one day 10 hrs to cruise 🥳

two negative rats. Took individual pics plus one together to cover all possible scenarios.

went into app and def was offering no progress without uploading pics.

both now say pending approval just as the vac cert upload has said all along. Only now the vac cert is saying approved, so obviously things are happening. Maybe you later cruisers can go in and check your vac cert approval to see if everyone has changed now or it happens closer to cruise?

today I will start a live topic and put any additional info, updates as I check app changes then continue with the process tomorrow 

But shouldn't your RAT tests be done this afternoon, as right now, it will be still more than 24 hours before you are boarding (11am???). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CDaze71 said:

But shouldn't your RAT tests be done this afternoon, as right now, it will be still more than 24 hours before you are boarding (11am???). 

Maybe? Possibly? I’ve got two more ready to use if need be, but I wanted to see what the next step was. It could be the play on the within 24 hrs? So I’m going to monitor over next few hours.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

Maybe it’s not the boarding time but the sailing time???? The update to acknowledgment is still greyed out so

ill let you know when that becomes live too

4 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Maybe it’s not the boarding time but the sailing time???? The update to acknowledgment is still greyed out so

ill let you know when that becomes live too

But either way (boarding or sailing time) haven't you tested too early? If we can test in the morning the DAY BEFORE the cruise, we will as well. Then I can know whether I can finish packing or not on Saturday. But my understanding was I was going to test Saturday after lunch, for a Sunday departure. Watching this space to see what happens........

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

This is the problem I mentioned earlier. The proof of the negative test has to be uploaded at least 24 before embarkation, but elsewhere the Princess protocols say that the test has to be taken within 24 hours of embarkation.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

I am still puzzled at the "upload proof more than 24 hours of embarkation" and take the test "within 24 hours of embarkation". Maybe I will phone and see what a different customer service rep says. We could have the old case of asking three different people and get three different answers. Years ago we had a running joke on this forum of "Kylie from P&O". Someone got a silly answer from Kylie, so for years, when someone got a strange answer from a phone rep at P&O, the explanation was that it had to be Kylie.😁

I think I’ve told this story before in another thread but my PVP tried to tell me that I could arrive at the port and board at 3:30 for a 4 o'clock sail away. 🤣🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

I think I’ve told this story before in another thread but my PVP tried to tell me that I could arrive at the port and board at 3:30 for a 4 o'clock sail away. 🤣🤣🤣

That is your PVP who (sorry to say) didin't know what he/she was talking about🙂. I recall Kylie from P&O 😁. The contradiction I referred to is in the official Princess information. Their website says 'test within 24 hours', but Irene has found that the Medallkion app requires the test to be 'more than 24 hours' before embarkation. I will wait and see how Irene and Frank go with embarkation and what they find they have to do.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

That is your PVP who (sorry to say) didin't know what he/she was talking about🙂. I recall Kylie from P&O 😁. The contradiction I referred to is in the official Princess information. Their website says 'test within 24 hours', but Irene has found that the Medallkion app requires the test to be 'more than 24 hours' before embarkation. I will wait and see how Irene and Frank go with embarkation and what they find they have to do.

Honestly, I don't know what the problem is...

Simple, whip out your pocket portable time shift gadget, whiz forward several hours, take your dam test, take photo, whiz back again and upload test result.

Simple, what's the fuss????🤣

• Haha 5

Such conflicting information.  Again I see big issues arising when it comes to time for the cruise.  They are asking for people to do the wrong thing.  I am thinking I am just going to get a PCR test on the Friday and be done with it.  Then I have proof I can upload, it's within the 72 hours but outside the 24 hours. 

Al of the fuss is about trying to get everything done online instead of the terminal.

If P&O is a bit of a guide, I completed everything online, and then it was all redone again in the terminal anyway. Glad we did our guinea pig bit a couple of weeks ago.

Edited by arxcards

31 minutes ago, pryce_tag said:

Such conflicting information.  Again I see big issues arising when it comes to time for the cruise.  They are asking for people to do the wrong thing.  I am thinking I am just going to get a PCR test on the Friday and be done with it.  Then I have proof I can upload, it's within the 72 hours but outside the 24 hours. 

Are you going to pay and schedule in for one of those Traveller PCR Tests (approx $150pp)? Or do you have somewhere nearby you that allows for free walk-in no symptoms PCR tests?