Quarantine - APEX TA & British Isles Cruises

suzyluvs2cruise

46 minutes ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi 

From memory I have been on many cruises where you have to hand in your passport.

One of the obvious ones is If Isreal and an Arab country is on the same itinerary.

The cruise lines usually schedule the Arab stop first (I think my last one was Beirut then Ashdod),,,,If you had a Israeli stamp in your passport you would never get into Beirut.

They collected all your passports in Israel for security pre-check and issue a paper entry form rather than a stamp in your passport…..they gave you back your passports during the face to face immigration checks before getting off the ship in Ashdod.

Yep.  Passport collection is really for your convenience.  Not having to stand in line for hours while an immigrations officer checks everyone individually benefits everyone.  The alternative, again standing in line to disembark, make little sense.

17 hours ago, milkman55 said:

Exactly why this pre-flight testing is crap.  Millions more fly without testing all the time within the US, yet our current administration thinks we need to be tested if outside the “safe” confines of USA.  I hate to tell them but there are a lot of places safer than the US in more ways than one.

Cruising will not return to normal until this testing requirement is dropped.

Cruising has little to nothing to do with COVID testing for trans-oceania flights.  Remember, it was the previous administration who professed that COVID came to the US via air travel from Europe.  The reason it is still required is there are too many people who are callous about protocols protecting people from catching the virus while encased in an aluminum tube for 7-8 hours with 200 others.  Vaccination of Americans remains significantly behind that of Europeans.  I personally don't care for all the requirements, and care less about the whining.  It is what it is.  When traveling I will abide by the rules designed to make it safer for everyone.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tony UK said:

Funny how this sort of thing makes you read terms and conditions more thoroughly...mine arrived today for our next cruise!

DID YOU KNOW that if you develop covid symptoms or test positive within 14 days of the end of your sailing you are required to report to Celebrity as well as your local health authority.

I had been critical of now follow up.....now I know it is down to all of us to provide the information!!

Yes, I did know. However, more than one person on these boards has posted that they spent an hour or more trying to report this information to Celebrity. They encountered reps who didn’t know what they were talking about, didn’t know what to do with the information, and in the end it was a complete waste of time. Until Celebrity provides a reasonable way to report testing positive within 14 days of disembarkation, I won’t bother. 

There are also issues with reporting to our local health authority. Unlike the NHS, our health authority is fragmented by state and or county. When it comes to public health requirements and services, moving from one state (or county) to another can be a jolt, believe me. My current state (Maryland) is pretty good, but until recently there was no way to report testing positive with OTC tests. In late January they rolled out a new portal for self reporting, but I haven’t had any experience using it (haven’t tested positive on any of my OTC tests).

23 hours ago, milkman55 said:

Random Covid test by who?  Canada or Celebrity?

When we went through Canadian customs, I didn’t see anyone picked for testing (pink sticker instead of green sticker).  Also, what I read was they would contact you within 3-4 days if positive.  We were in the US at the Buffalo airport in about 2 hrs after landing.

Milkman- when you switched to Air Canada did you pre-book your Buffalo flight as well?

On the ArrivalCan app, did they ask where you would quarantine (in the event you were selected for Mandatory Random Testing on arrival at YYZ)? Did you list your US home address as the place you would quarantine?

I'm still a bit confused about the process. Apparently if you're transiting through the airport as we would be on the way to Amsterdam you don't need to fill out the ArrivalCan app- only on the return if you're leaving the airport and haven't booked a connecting flight from YYZ ?

On 5/21/2022 at 8:44 PM, suzyluvs2cruise said:

No one can predict what the protocols/requirements will be next month.....much less in October. If you're on Odyssey in Oct we are too. Will be closely watching covid protocols before we make final payment. 

I do not see EU or Italy being quick to drop testing protocols. Italy has only slightly relaxed mask wearing and the need for fully vaccinated to enter shops/restaruants 1st May. It will not change this year.

21 hours ago, Silkroad said:

Yes, I did know. However, more than one person on these boards has posted that they spent an hour or more trying to report this information to Celebrity. They encountered reps who didn’t know what they were talking about, didn’t know what to do with the information, and in the end it was a complete waste of time. Until Celebrity provides a reasonable way to report testing positive within 14 days of disembarkation, I won’t bother. 

There are also issues with reporting to our local health authority. Unlike the NHS, our health authority is fragmented by state and or county. When it comes to public health requirements and services, moving from one state (or county) to another can be a jolt, believe me. My current state (Maryland) is pretty good, but until recently there was no way to report testing positive with OTC tests. In late January they rolled out a new portal for self reporting, but I haven’t had any experience using it (haven’t tested positive on any of my OTC tests).

We went to our official testing centre in Ireland and reported to them and RCL that we tested positive for covid shortly after the Odyssey cruise

On 5/21/2022 at 9:11 PM, Tony UK said:

Well, what a question! The first hurdle is to get a negative test to get on the ship. Once on there if you report to the medical centre and test positive, it is up to the ship, Celebrity Miami and the local authority in Italy to determine what to do. Some have been given the option to stay on board in isolation. To get a clear test seems to take around 10 to 12 days!. Some have been given the option of leaving the ship, however you need a negative test to fly home so it means finding accommodation and laying low until clear.

It may be that nearer your sailing date things will ease....although Autumn is a time when things can start going downhill!!

It just isn't clear what would happen I'd read others experiences to help plan and have contingencies like medication, back up hotel ideas etc just in case.

Good Luck....travel isnt easy nowadays!

In Italy you have to do a 21 day quarantine in one of 3 mandatory quarantine hotels if you do not complete quarantine on the ship and pay the hotel bill for a 3 week stay in that Rome hotel.

2 hours ago, Citrons said:

In Italy you have to do a 21 day quarantine in one of 3 mandatory quarantine hotels if you do not complete quarantine on the ship and pay the hotel bill for a 3 week stay in that Rome hotel.

Italy- is a max 21 days . They start testing at 7 and every 48 hours after until you test negative. If one is persistently positive - that’s where the max 21 days comes into play before one can get the certificate of recovery.

Many have reported staying in hotels of their choice or Airbnb. Not everyone is going to a government hotel. It’s been reported to avoid testing at the airport because they send you to the  government hotel if you’re positive and don’t already have a back up place to stay. 

Many trip insurance policies are covering a stay in a hotel should one be positive. Best to make sure everyone takes out insurance that potentially covers this. Crazy not to. 

Edited by mickeysgal
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...