2 tests to board in Athens?

kristapb

Just now, Host Jazzbeau said:

Actually that describes what I would call a well-organized website.  Life is complicated, so Azamara can't make their explanations over-simple...

Very, very true. It took me about 3 looks at the site to realize the difference between Preparing for your cruise requirements and the Boarding requirements 😉

On 5/22/2022 at 12:39 AM, Piaa said:

Where are you getting tested in Athens please ?  We do not sail until August (plenty of time for requirements to change) but thought I would log some addresses of testing locations now (also did you book ahead?) 

Thanks so much for any help 

See post #33 on this thread, it may help. 

Can someone confirm if they are sticking strictly to the 24 hours stipulation.  If we got tested at 11am the day prior to boarding , and board probably around 2pm the following day, would that be ok ?

1 hour ago, Mrmatt said:

Can someone confirm if they are sticking strictly to the 24 hours stipulation.  If we got tested at 11am the day prior to boarding , and board probably around 2pm the following day, would that be ok ?

I have boarded in Athens. Arrived at the pier at 13.00 hours. My test was done the day before in Athens at 9.30. There was no problem with that.

Ivi

• Like 1

We just boarded Journey in Piraeus 2 days ago. Our 3 day old par was not accepted for boarding and we had to take an antigen test at the pier. Azamara waived the fee for the test. In Piraeus, either an antigen or per can not be older than one day. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, blag said:

But I think that the info for Greece that you have cited is incorrect. 

People are reporting that a PCR test within 3 days/72 hours (whatever) is NOT acceptable. The test including PCR  has to be conducted within 24 hours/1 day of boarding. I cannot say for definite that the 1 day includes any time on the day prior to boarding. 

According to the Greece Travel website - https://travel.gov.gr/#/.  - 

7. What is the situation with cruise ships?

As of 14.05.2021, cruise restrictions have been completely removed, always imposing very strict protocols that apply to these activities.

well, that makes it clear as mud 😉.  I would question the problems that some people have had with PCR tests as we don’t really know for certain what form of test or paperwork they had. To be really sure, I would just get a rapid antigen test 1 day before. It is definitely 1 day . 
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, annapolitan369 said:

We just boarded Journey in Piraeus 2 days ago. Our 3 day old par was not accepted for boarding and we had to take an antigen test at the pier. Azamara waived the fee for the test. In Piraeus, either an antigen or per can not be older than one day. 

Sounds like AZ realizes that there are some problems with the PCR option and is prepared to test you for free at the pier .. Just curious, where and when did you have your PCR test done ? 

11 hours ago, vslparis said:

We are also staying at the Electra Palace but their testing times at their sister property will not work for us.  They recommended Homed which does a rapid antigen test and is open 24/7 . We plan to stop off there first thing in the morning , get tested and continue on with our tour that day. It is about a 5 minute walk from the Electra Palace. No appointment necessary, 10€ for rapid antigen. 

Thank you so much.  I emailed the hotel and received the same info except the hours that Homed are open.  Here is their email (maybe it will help someone else) ..

Further to your e-mail, we wish to inform you that there is a Covid – Test Desk, where you may do the PCR or Rapid Test, at our sister hotel Electra Metropolis that is 5 minutes walking distance form our hotel.

The desk operates:

Mon-Fri: 11:00 – 13:30 pm

Saturday: 10:00 12:00 pm

No appointment is required.

The cost for PCR Test is: 38 euro per person 

The cost for Rapid Test is: 10 euro per person 

Apart from Electra Metropolis Hotel, there is another laboratory that you can have a test and it’s located at Ermou street No. 18.

It’s called Homed and it’s open till 22:00. The prices although differ. Price for PCR test is 48 euro and for the rapid test is 10 euro.

Edited by Piaa
  • Like 2

Our test was done in Annapolis, properly certified on May 23. There is no problem with the par test.  The issue is that the Athens port require a test within one day of boarding a cruise ship and nothing else will do. Azamara made a mistake telling people that a 3 day pcr would be sufficient for boarding. In my opinion, Azamara should have known that and properly communicated that to anyone boarding in Athens. 

1 minute ago, annapolitan369 said:

Our test was done in Annapolis, properly certified on May 23. There is no problem with the par test.  The issue is that the Athens port require a test within one day of boarding a cruise ship and nothing else will do. Azamara made a mistake telling people that a 3 day pcr would be sufficient for boarding. In my opinion, Azamara should have known that and properly communicated that to anyone boarding in Athens. 

Have you seen and read post #58?

14 hours ago, travelberlin said:

But for US 59 instead of the Euro 7 I have paid at a pharmacy…

Could you please let me know what pharmacy?  I have to find a place to get tested on a Sunday.

12 hours ago, Piaa said:

Thank you so much.  I emailed the hotel and received the same info except the hours that Homed are open.  Here is their email (maybe it will help someone else) ..

Further to your e-mail, we wish to inform you that there is a Covid – Test Desk, where you may do the PCR or Rapid Test, at our sister hotel Electra Metropolis that is 5 minutes walking distance form our hotel.

The desk operates:

Mon-Fri: 11:00 – 13:30 pm

Saturday: 10:00 12:00 pm

The cost for PCR Test is: 38 euro per person 

The cost for Rapid Test is: 10 euro per person 

Apart from Electra Metropolis Hotel, there is another laboratory that you can have a test and it’s located at Ermou street No. 18.

It’s called Homed and it’s open till 22:00. The prices although differ. Price for PCR test is 48 euro and for the rapid test is 10 euro.

You are correct with the closing hours of Homed. They are open from 8am to 22:00 7 days

a week which is great. Rapid antigen is quick , PCR takes longer they say although for all of us going on Azamara , the rapid antigen one day prior to embarkation is the way to go !  Everything with this Covid testing is so fluid it is amazing that we travel  at all ; so kudos to everyone that is willing to run the Covid gauntlet 😀

I think all the cruise lines are making up their own rules re testing no matter what type!
I’m  on Oceania in mid September around the Med  and Azamara in January around the Caribbean, I sincerely hope all this testing malarkey will be over by then ,I’m off to Maderia end of June , no testing there .

We really need to move in from this now , Noravirus can be caught very easily in public places and can be rife on Cruise Ships and Hospitals and they don’t test us for that.

Lets  just please get back to normal 

• Like 2

On 5/28/2022 at 10:53 AM, travelberlin said:

I have boarded in Athens. Arrived at the pier at 13.00 hours. My test was done the day before in Athens at 9.30. There was no problem with that.

Ivi

Thank you.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2022 at 12:16 AM, Baynanno1 said:

Either a PCR test or an antigen / RAT / lateral flow within 24 hours of boarding.

I read  on an earlier quoted Azamara page that an antigen test dated the day before embarkation was acceptable. But that could exceed 24hours, depending on test time and boarding. Seems very confusing. We will be on a Greek Island cruise but sail from Istanbul. Most could save a lot by being tested before flying but still dated the day before.

My question, is it 24hours or the day before?