Can I change dining time?

Going on my very first RCI cruise, and the more I see about MTD, the more I think I want to switch to Early Dining. I thought it worked the same as Carnival, but apparently not. I went to my cruise page to change it, and I can't. Am I missing something? I've been on a few Carnival cruises, and the RCI page is throwing me off. I'd rather not wait until I get on the ship, or have to call, but it is what it is. The cruise isn't for awhile, but I'd like to get it done. Thanks!

1 hour ago, mmtska said:

Going on my very first RCI cruise, and the more I see about MTD, the more I think I want to switch to Early Dining. I thought it worked the same as Carnival, but apparently not. I went to my cruise page to change it, and I can't. Am I missing something? I've been on a few Carnival cruises, and the RCI page is throwing me off. I'd rather not wait until I get on the ship, or have to call, but it is what it is. The cruise isn't for awhile, but I'd like to get it done. Thanks!

We have changed many times in person on the ship,by phone and on line.However,we have had times when telling the TA never made it to the ship computer nor did times when we did it by phone.We always check it our first day on the ship.

• Like 1

We always do MTD but on our recent cruise the lines were soooo long that they let us switch to MDR. The long lines may have something to do with sharing the dining room space with MDR times on Explorer...the MTD times for walk ups or reservations was very late.

Sigh. No TA, so it looks like I'm going to have to call to change. I'm sailing with my mom who has never been on a cruise, so I'm trying to make this easier for her. I guess I didn't realize that MTD didn't begin until after Early Dining. Thank you everyone!