Fall 2022 - Quebec to Fort Lauderdale - 14 day on CB

voljeep

Are we crazy for even thinking about booking this cruise given the status of testing, arriveCan, and uptick in Covid cases reported ?

yes, both double vaxed and double boasted and will take a shot if available before the cruise,  so not as concerned about catching the 'rona, but the horrific conditions that quarantined passengers and possibly a negative tested spouse reportedly have received.

I’ve looked at this a few times but decided against it. Did the 7 day from NY to Canada in 2011. Fall was nice time, but my friends did the one you are looking at in 2019, I believe and it rained the entire trip.

I decided to go on shorter cruises on newer ships this year.

good point is you are either goi g to quarantine on ship or in North America.

just take precautions & you should be fine.

• Thanks 1

I wouldn't say your crazy, as Canada is beautiful....

But I would stay away from crazy rules because that's what they are ....other places ain't so bad ..

So my 2 cents ...go there when the crazy rules are dropped and have a better time for it ..

Oh, had all those shots and still got it on board ( cold like symptoms for a week after disembark).

Have fun wherever you choose ....

• Thanks 1

The ArriveCAN app is nothing to worry about. You do not need a Covid test to enter Canada. 

US requires test to fly home to US from Canada, but you are returning by ship.
You only  need Covid test to board the ship.

Edited by dog
  • Like 1

All the testing is just part of life right now.    I'd take a few tests rather than to be stuck at home.   If I get the sticking virus, then I get the stinking virus.      

• Like 2

7 hours ago, memoak said:

ArriveCAN is so easy. PCR test 72 hours before you sail and you are ready to go

Before sailing, or before boarding? We're doing Canada /New England in August and we can board on Friday.  But the ship doesn't actually set sail until Saturday. 

Our very first cruise was to Canada/New England on the Golden Princess - what we thought would be our one and only cruise.  That was 23 cruises ago 🙂  We have done the Canada/New England 5 times so you could say we enjoyed it.  But of all our cruises the Quebec to Fort Lauderdale is one of our favorites!  We spent a night in a B&B in Quebec, then the second night on the ship in Quebec and they were two magical days.  Enjoy!!!

• Like 3

bjkTX,

As you have travelled Canada/New England for 5 times, are there any Shore excursions which you're highly recommended?

Is it OK to walk on our own on each cruise port?

Thanks!

37 minutes ago, HSBC said:

bjkTX,

As you have travelled Canada/New England for 5 times, are there any Shore excursions which you're highly recommended?

Thanks!

Let me go back to my cruise folders and refresh my memory and I'll give you our favorites.  This 14 day cruise goes to some ports in Canada we didn't visit from what I see.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, bjkTX said:

Let me go back to my cruise folders and refresh my memory and I'll give you our favorites.  This 14 day cruise goes to some ports in Canada we didn't visit from what I see.

Once you had a couple of freeloaders on your carriage ride. ☺️

2 hours ago, bjkTX said:

Our very first cruise was to Canada/New England on the Golden Princess - what we thought would be our one and only cruise.  That was 23 cruises ago 🙂  We have done the Canada/New England 5 times so you could say we enjoyed it.  But of all our cruises the Quebec to Fort Lauderdale is one of our favorites!  We spent a night in a B&B in Quebec, then the second night on the ship in Quebec and they were two magical days.  Enjoy!!!

We're doing this cruise on 10/20 and we can't wait!  Not going to worry about testing and such since it's still over 4 months away.  We'll see how it all goes and what's required then.  We've had Covid after being on the Coral when all this craziness started. We've been vaxed and double boostered!  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Once you had a couple of freeloaders on your carriage ride. ☺️

They were scary people!!!  Turned out to be good friends 🙂

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, bjkTX said:

They were scary people!!!  Turned out to be good friends 🙂

We enjoyed joining you on the Old Quebec Tours (now Unitours) independent excursion for $59.99/pp. on the second day in Quebec.

Stops on this tour:

- Montmorency Falls (45 minutes)
- Sainte-Anne de Beaupré Shrine (45 minutes)
- Copper museum, Albert Gilles (20 minutes)
- Chocolate shop of the island (20 minutes)

Included:

- Entrance fee at Montmorency Falls
- Live professionnal guide on the bus
- recent bus or minibus

https://www.toursvieuxquebec.com/en/forfait/Montmorency-Falls-Ile-dOrleans-Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupre-Tour

• Like 1

On 5/20/2022 at 10:15 AM, dog said:

The ArriveCAN app is nothing to worry about. You do not need a Covid test to enter Canada. 

US requires test to fly home to US from Canada, but you are returning by ship.
You only  need Covid test to board the ship.

To me, the pertinent stuff is all here.

Fully vaccinated visitors to Canada no longer need a negative test (granted, that could change).  Granted, the Canadian government could change things at any time (with a bit of notice).  But, if you test positive and cannot enter Canada, you definitely won't be able to get on the ship anyways.  I believe Princess assures you 100% FCC.

It's a bit of a gamble with the trip originating in Canada and ending in America, I think you'd be safe.  The troubling segment is the NYC to Quebec route during that season b/c as of now, if you pop positive at the end of the trip, you won't be able to fly back to America.

57 minutes ago, Mike07 said:

To me, the pertinent stuff is all here.

Fully vaccinated visitors to Canada no longer need a negative test (granted, that could change).  Granted, the Canadian government could change things at any time (with a bit of notice).  But, if you test positive and cannot enter Canada, you definitely won't be able to get on the ship anyways.  I believe Princess assures you 100% FCC.

It's a bit of a gamble with the trip originating in Canada and ending in America, I think you'd be safe.  The troubling segment is the NYC to Quebec route during that season b/c as of now, if you pop positive at the end of the trip, you won't be able to fly back to America.

OP is asking about a cruise starting in Quebec & ending in Ft Lauderdale.

only Covid test required for his cruise is to board the ship.

Requirements change frequently.

On 5/20/2022 at 9:52 PM, HSBC said:

bjkTX,

Thanks!

I went through my old cruise folders and came up with quite a bit - but looking at the ones we took versus what's available today - it's not quite the same, but I still found some.  Rather than go through it all here why don't you email me at bj2757 at yahoo dot com and I can go into more detail 🙂  Brian

We were on the same "1st" Canada/NE Cruise. We have been

Friends with Brian & Suzanne ever Since. We took a couple

10 Day on NCL to Canada after that. Great Price back then.

Great to see your Post.

Cheryl & Joe

1 hour ago, warb said:

Great to see your Post.

Cheryl & Joe

One of the best things about cruising - all the people you meet that you never would have normally, who become friends for life - we are blessed with many like you!!!

1 hour ago, warb said:

Great to see your Post.

Cheryl & Joe

Canada New England 001.jpg

Memories.  Cheryl talks to Pandora  Often. Thanks Brian. 

I Apologize to Original Poster.  Quebec is 400 miles from where we live. We were never there until we took a Cruise.