More Covid Testing Questions - Sorry!

Hello Wise Cruisers:

We are going on a cruise on Thursday and I did not catch that only specific tests were allowed through the eMed tele-testing method. So two questions: 1.) My travel mate is dean of the school of nursing at our college. They test students before the students are allowed into clinicals, and they are willing to test us, and put their professional designations behind that testing. Can we bring the same validation that students do to work in hospitals? Is this something that Norwegian would accept?

2.) She has iHealth and Flowflex tests from the governments (federal and state), plus tons of access to tests at school (as a nurse educator she gets tested almost weekly), and I have BinaxNOW, but the over-the-counter one that is X'd out as not acceptable on the eMed site. I have one test, she has unlimited. Can anyone recommend a tele-tester that would accept any of those tests if we were to test online?

I know this has probably been asked and answered ad nauseum, but my computer is running at 100% disk, so trying to wade through stuff is difficult right now. Thank you so much for any advice you have!

Susan 

7 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Why don’t you just go to CVS like everybody else?

We don't have one in town - it's over an hour away each way. 😞 

And it looks to be $120 each, when we have tons of tests and medical personnel here. 

Edited by SeekingKillerWhales!

7 hours ago, SeekingKillerWhales! said:

Hello Wise Cruisers:

We are going on a cruise on Thursday and I did not catch that only specific tests were allowed through the eMed tele-testing method. So two questions: 1.) My travel mate is dean of the school of nursing at our college. They test students before the students are allowed into clinicals, and they are willing to test us, and put their professional designations behind that testing. Can we bring the same validation that students do to work in hospitals? Is this something that Norwegian would accept?

Have you read through the FAQ on: https://www.ncl.com/sail-safe#sail-safe-faq  

(I would NOT say "for fact" that it would be accepted.)

However, it seems "likely," IF the following information is complete.

• Your name, which should match the name on your travel documents
  • Your date of birth
  • The result of the test
  • The date the test sample was collected
  • The name of the test provider
  • Confirmation of the type of test provided
  • Like 1

The port people are doing basic checks of the paperwork.

They have no way of knowing  the full list of what is an acceptable trusted test or test provider.

That would require an extended list of providers from all over the world and access to do proper checks.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@SeekingKillerWhales! - Looks like you are from Washington State and understood your nearest CVS is 2 hours each way and you are 3 days away from cruising, bon voyage.   Replies to find or go to an "urgent care" at popular city centers in the Americas, not for you, however.  Relax - you have good info above already.   Edit: Another challenge/problem, lately, is that both CVS and Walgreen (being merged/taken over by WG) stopped doing Antigen Rapid or NATT testing, only offering PCR testing in many places ... until the next wave, surge hit (again).  

I wish we have a CC "Sticky" on cruiseline testing, at least specific to NCL because, Norwegian's wording on acceptable is at best incomplete & misleading, evasive and confusing at the least.  They offer testing at the pier check-in, for a $$ fee (Euro Fin is NCL's partner in NY) if all else can't and as a last resort, kind of not being fully helpful to some, with their wordings. 

Details about using iHealth's optional proctored services - $24.99 for 1 service (1 person) and be sure to have extra, unopened iHealth test kits available to use. 

https://ihealthlabs.com/products/ihealth-verified-covid-test-service?

Just one problem this morning, when I checked - "sold out" meaning, most likely - their online testing slots are 99.5% fully booked now, check back later or tomorrow.  But, grab those available test kits from your source first, make sure they are still valid (good for 6 months from date of production).  

The other option, is, at you said - what about getting it tested free & using the results.  Well, as long as the written report and its content generated the required data, it should be accepted - should.  

We cruised twice recently, both free, using local public health partner's lab services - they're perfectly fined, it wasn't from Inspire - but another lab services "PRL NYC" and it is widely accepted and recognized. I'm attaching an edited, blank report - same ones we've used recently (March & May) to board our NCL cruises here in N.Y.C. - no problem whatsoever as it clearly showed the negative results from free Antigen Rapid testing (actually, we also got negative reports from the PCR tests, collected at the same time and took less than 36 hours to digital email reports back.)  

Official Lab Report for Covid-19 - Sample.jpg

From our recent Roll Call, another CC from PA used his employer's health services from a major university, they're able to test, generate & issue a negative report for him to use; and, it was accepted & use for pier check-in and boarding (2 days prior to).  I'm also 99% sure he submitted the same to obtain Bermuda (online) Travel Authorization, within 2 to 4 days of the cruise.  

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, SeekingKillerWhales! said:

Hello Wise Cruisers:

2.) She has iHealth and Flowflex tests from the governments (federal and state), plus tons of access to tests at school (as a nurse educator she gets tested almost weekly), and I have BinaxNOW, but the over-the-counter one that is X'd out as not acceptable on the eMed site. I have one test, she has unlimited. Can anyone recommend a tele-tester that would accept any of those tests if we were to test online?

I know this has probably been asked and answered ad nauseum, but my computer is running at 100% disk, so trying to wade through stuff is difficult right now. Thank you so much for any advice you have!

Susan 

How about Rite Aid, or most walk in clinics? Any of those would work. Also Walgreens. I think there is one about 45 min. from you.

• Like 1

Here are links to two on-line proctored services. You just need to go on-line to pay and make an appointment. Both are based in California. You may use any unopened FDA approved test. The cost is below $20 per person.

https://onpoint-testing.com/product/certified-teleservice-covid-testing/

https://www.totaltestingsolutions.com/virtual-travel-testing/

Hope this helps you. We are going to try using one of these sites before disembarking in Vancouver. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, SeekingKillerWhales! said:

Hello Wise Cruisers:

Susan 

Thanks to a post on another board I found out about a telehealth testing service, OnPoint,  that allows you to "bring your own test"...you can use any approved OTC test . They say that test appointments are available 24/7:

https://onpoint-testing.com/product/certified-teleservice-covid-testing/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2Lffh7Tz9wIV7PzjBx3LpQyrEAAYASAAEgKRRvD_BwE&currency=USD

• Like 3