What would you bring in a "Covid Kit"?

pauon

9 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

I’m really glad you are better now. Some on here say its like a little cold, while others get really sick from it. Others suffer long covid.  It’s nothing to make light of and no one knows how others suffer.  Some forget about the poor woman on Carnival who died from covid last July after the restart. 
Take care!

Thank you so much! I wish they knew why some have issues and some don’t. I wonder if it’s something genetic?  Whatever it is it hasn’t been fun.

5 hours ago, sandyoftheseas said:

In addition I bring Gatorade packets.  When you are sick and don't feel like eating much these help keep your electrolytes up.  When I had covid I had all the usual symptoms plus the stomach issues (nausea,vomiting, diarrhea) the Gatorade really helped.  It also helps with norovirus, food poisoning etc.

This is a great idea, thank you. The only flavor of Gatorade that I can tolerate is the blue Gatorade. Do you know if they make packets in that flavor? I didn’t even know they made Gatorade packets. I drank a ton of it when I had Covid last month and then Amazon ran out of that flavor.  

4 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

Awe ... thank you!! 

BTW, I just had to cancel a really awesome cruise that set sail yesterday with a group of friends because, yes, I contracted CoVid and have it as I type this message.  After 10 infection free cruises since the restart, I got this at home ... not from or on a ship.  I am grateful it hit me when it did, even though I am heartbroken about missing this sailing.  I would have felt horrible if I brought it onto a cruiseship and share it with anybody else.  The last few days have been rough for me, too but today, I woke up feeling much better.  I'm headed down to get retested today and if negative, I'm sanitizing this entire CoVid ward today (our bedroom) as I am starting to get my sense of smell back and it isn't pleasant in here at all.  LOL

I am so sorry to hear that you are sick!  Tylenol, Gatorade, and an expectorant cough syrup were helpful for me.  Check your blood oxygen if you are able to do so. I also had to have an inhaler prescribed.  My cough syrup was prescribed by the ER and it had something in it that helped me sleep.  Get well soon!!!  

When will this end??? All I want to do is cruise and I know you do too!  Which cruise did you have to cancel? So sad!

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser
  • Thanks 1

MsSoCaLCruiser-   I have only found it in lemon-lime, fruit punch and orange.  I usually buy it on Amazon but I occasionally find it at my local store.

Esprit-  If you are using a handkerchief for covid symptoms it is best to use a tissue and dispose it then wash your hands.  Reusing a handkerchief can spread germs.

Edited by sandyoftheseas
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Hey everyone… Don’t forget a thermometer and purchase some of those little covers if you can find them. 

Thanks for the input.  Are the covers for the thermometer or something else?  Happy sailing !

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Gitmo said:

DW used to keep all the paperwork, now we make sure each has a copy of everything in case of separation.

Yes we do this also.  I put a set of copies in each of our flight bags. 

2 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I am so sorry to hear that you are sick!  Tylenol, Gatorade, and an expectorant cough syrup were helpful for me.  Check your blood oxygen if you are able to do so. I also had to have an inhaler prescribed.  My cough syrup was prescribed by the ER and it had something in it that helped me sleep.  Get well soon!!!  

When will this end??? All I want to do is cruise and I know you do too!  Which cruise did you have to cancel? So sad!

Thank you for that!  I am feeling so much better today.  My doctor prescribed Paxlovid and it really seems to be helping.  In fact, I think I may have turned a corner as I feel almost completely recovered.  I’m just trying to make sure my DH doesn’t get it now.  We haven’t been within 15 ft of each other for days, there are Lysol wipes and spray placed strategically around the house, we even set up a little transfer table for right outside the door to the CoVid ward (our bedroom), much like the cruiseships do.  I just order what I want on my iPad and I get a knock on the door when it is on the table outside.  😂  

I’m actually spending a little time outside today with my DH 15 ft away and upwind from me, we are masked (in case I’m still infectious) and listening to some uplifting music.  Life is good …  
We had our Alaska cruise on the Discovery canceled.  Everyone we know onboarding is sending us videos and photos so we still feel like part of all the fun!  We obviously have very wonderful friends!  They’ve made this so much easier for us.  

• Like 3

I packed a Go Bag similar to my Earthquake Go Bag for an 15 day April 2022 Transatlantic cruise. I read a lot of first hand stories from January - April 2022 here on CC, and based my purchases on those reports. Most were travel size or a dozen or so bubble packs of things like Nyquil caplets)

Small 30 piece Travel first Aid Kit with antibacterial wipes, pads and bandages. Additional antibacterial wipes.

A dozen each Dayquil and Nyquil capsules, Tylenol, 2 weeks addl  vitamins (no medications yet for me)

Pepto Bismol, Imodium and Tums

Ayr Saline Nasal Gel and spray, Ricola lozenges

Systane eye drops

TheraZinc lozenges and Zicam nasal swabs

Vicks and chapstick

Lotion, toothpaste/toothbrush travel kit.

Scissors, nail file, tweezers, eyeglasses repair kit

Lavendar facial wipes, other gentle wipes, gentle travel sized Kleenex.

Blue Nitrile gloves, throw away sponges for room cleaning (some Q ppl people had toilet issues, when no one could come into their cabin to clean the toilet, and it was the worst part of Q for that person)

Ziploc plastic bags for trash, travel size dish soap for possible dish cleaning.

Salt, pepper, sriacha, a few energy bars,, wrapped Biscoff cookies from the flight, herbal tea bags.

Kindle loaded with fun books, addresses and important docs stored/accessinble in LastPass or Dropbox. Newspapers and so forth on updated apps on phone/links on laptop. All passwords stored safely on Lastpass!

Thera-bands for stretching exercises/stress relief

All these fit into a 10x7x4 inch clear cosmetic zipper bag. 

We travel with 2 sets of electronic charger gear anyway so one set each should one get sent to Q, which didn't happen. 2 of 20ppl (small travel group) tested positive on ship, and were quarantined and their closer contacts (another 6) were tested for 5 days and 4 more tested positive sometime between cruise debarcation and home.

On ship, I set aside 2 sets of cutlery, coffee cup, wine glasses, one plate right away. Luckily not needed, but now I have a nice 10x7x4 clear zipper ready-to-go travel bag, suitable for any trip!! It's with my Earthquake bag, which has batteries, socks, flashlight, flip flops. notepad and pen.

Edited by JaneRetired
typos :-)
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, sandyoftheseas said:

MsSoCaLCruiser-   I have only found it in lemon-lime, fruit punch and orange.  I usually buy it on Amazon but I occasionally find it at my local store.

Esprit-  If you are using a handkerchief for covid symptoms it is best to use a tissue and dispose it then wash your hands.  Reusing a handkerchief can spread germs.

Thank you!  I will give the fruit punch and the orange flavors a try.  

3 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

Thank you for that!  I am feeling so much better today.  My doctor prescribed Paxlovid and it really seems to be helping.  In fact, I think I may have turned a corner as I feel almost completely recovered.  I’m just trying to make sure my DH doesn’t get it now.  We haven’t been within 15 ft of each other for days, there are Lysol wipes and spray placed strategically around the house, we even set up a little transfer table for right outside the door to the CoVid ward (our bedroom), much like the cruiseships do.  I just order what I want on my iPad and I get a knock on the door when it is on the table outside.  😂  

I’m actually spending a little time outside today with my DH 15 ft away and upwind from me, we are masked (in case I’m still infectious) and listening to some uplifting music.  Life is good …  
We had our Alaska cruise on the Discovery canceled.  Everyone we know onboarding is sending us videos and photos so we still feel like part of all the fun!  We obviously have very wonderful friends!  They’ve made this so much easier for us.  

I’m glad that medication is working for you. A family member of mine had taken that and it really did the trick for him too.  They said I couldn’t have it because of one of my medications, bummer.

I laughed out loud when I read the part about your Covid table. That’s great!

You will have to ask everyone to rebook when you are cleared to go.  Keep on feeling better.  Life is good!  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I think it’s a great idea to set aside some silverware and cups to use if needed.  We probably should also be packing dish detergent and paper towels to wash the dirty dishes.

Don’t get carried away…now!!

double 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wanted to order more Binax test kits that are proctored for use by Princess.

A 3 pack is $99 and no charge for standard shipping.

Also,  just ordered more masks & thought I would pass along a site that vets as a trusted

source for approved masks & respirators.  ProjectN95.org

• Like 2

23 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

This is a great idea, thank you. The only flavor of Gatorade that I can tolerate is the blue Gatorade. Do you know if they make packets in that flavor? I didn’t even know they made Gatorade packets. I drank a ton of it when I had Covid last month and then Amazon ran out of that flavor.  

@MsSoCalCruiserIf you can't find "blue" Gatorade packets try MioFit drops (make sure it says" MioFit"-for the needed electrolytes). They are basically the same thing but in a liquid form and they come in a Blue Raspberry flavor. All you need to do is add a couple of drops into a bottle of water and you are good to go. They sell them in most supermarkets, Target and Walmart stores.

• Thanks 1

On 5/22/2022 at 9:32 PM, Wulfwyn said:

Just did a 3rd cruise.  What's in my tool box is vitamins and mask.  But I also make sure I bring this along.  

20220522_192911.jpg

This product has not received FDA approval.

I notice that it is not sold at any national or regional pharmacy or grocery store in our area.

Only the natural food store sells it.

On 5/23/2022 at 3:04 PM, Cruise Raider said:

Just stay aware of your symptoms.  Paxlovid rebound can occur and symptoms can of Covid-19 again