RCCL is making fun of us us Aussies - surely !

4 hours ago, Hammer61 said:

I’m on the Ovation transpacific crossing in October, the PBP price is currently on special until 30th May for Memorial day and is A$1664 so about A$88 a day, so that’s not so bad as it has been but got to be quick! The only downside is that both people in the cabin have to get it, although if you call up as long as you buy another package, you can get just the one PBP, my wife doesn’t drink alcohol or sodas, so the soda package is a non starter, but even getting the Refreshment package is about A$40 a day!!! And all she would drink would be the Water, the occasional coffee and Green tea!!!

Then you might just want to wait and purchase it onboard where you can get the beverage package of your choice, and your wife can have no package.  You may have to pay "full price" for it, but it would likely be less expensive than paying for a package that your wife won't use.  Sometimes they do discount it onboard, but it depends on how popular it has been selling before the cruise.

4 hours ago, Hammer61 said:

The 3 night dinning package is offered at a 40% discount but still A$171………I really don’t get this at all, isn’t it you pay a surcharge for speciality dining? Looking at Chops Grill at around A$95 (on special usually A$110!!!); I can eat out at a very good steakhouse in Sydney for less than that PP! Sure Chops is nice but I think they are taking the Mick a bit.

They pretty much grossly overcharge for everything on the ship and the specialty restaurants are no exception.  If I were going to pay US$60 per person for this restaurant on land, I'd probably go to Outback or Texas Roadhouse instead and have money left over to spend on a drink or two. 

Has anyone purchased the dining package ? $317AU for a 6 night cruise . WOW , what a bargain .🤔
The "massive sale discount" on the beverage package is over - the $7 deduction must have snared a few cruisers I guess 😂🍾. Would have hated to buy it wihout the 40% discount !🤭

Specialty Restaurants - Dining Packages

Product List

Alcoholic Beverage Packages

Product List

On 5/25/2022 at 10:30 PM, HicksRA said:

I hope it makes it. I was in an aft JS on Enchantment in Jan 2020 and the balcony was literally flaking away from rust. 

That would be the rust bleeding through and causing the paint to flake.

On 5/26/2022 at 6:33 PM, Hammer61 said:

I’m on the Ovation transpacific crossing in October, the PBP price is currently on special until 30th May for Memorial day and is A$1664 so about A$88 a day, so that’s not so bad as it has been but got to be quick! The only downside is that both people in the cabin have to get it, although if you call up as long as you buy another package, you can get just the one PBP, my wife doesn’t drink alcohol or sodas, so the soda package is a non starter, but even getting the Refreshment package is about A$40 a day!!! And all she would drink would be the Water, the occasional coffee and Green tea!!!

The 3 night dinning package is offered at a 40% discount but still A$171………I really don’t get this at all, isn’t it you pay a surcharge for speciality dining? Looking at Chops Grill at around A$95 (on special usually A$110!!!); I can eat out at a very good steakhouse in Sydney for less than that PP! Sure Chops is nice but I think they are taking the Mick a bit.

Can see why they canned the Radiance coming down under, bookings I suspect are falling short or more I suspect going to Princess (who let just one person buy their PBP or have the current offer with PBP and WiFi that’s only $40 a day each extra) and Carnival who as well as Princess price everything on board in Australian dollars when in this part of the world, plus their prices on board are more reasonable and inclusive of the gratuity, the price you see is the price you pay, not 18% added, also Celebrity with their all inclusive pricing, worked it out had we chosen to the Transpacific with Celebrity, the price was higher but factor in the included beverage package and WiFi (using RCI pricing) and it would actually have been cheaper for a balcony state room.

You can purchase the drinks package for one. I, like you, have a non-drinking wife. All you need to is call RCI and inform them your wife is a non-drinker, and they will sell you the one package. My wife does love a good coffee, so she gets the Refreshment Package instead.

Lynn and Carl

1 hour ago, NateUpNorth said:

Don't worry Aussie's...... you're in fine company.....looks like the joke's on Canadians too:

Today Without a sale $81.90 CAD for the Voyager TA in Sept, yesterday it was 30% off , price $81.90 CAD 🤔

B

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Today Without a sale $81.90 CAD for the Voyager TA in Sept, yesterday it was 30% off , price $81.90 CAD 🤔

B

Yes, it's either not on sole, 20% off, 30% of BOGO 50% off.  And the final price per pax will range from $40 -$120, with various combinations of the sales.  I think Royal's IT department just has some sort of random number generator than programs this!

1 hour ago, rudeney said:

Yes, it's either not on sole, 20% off, 30% of BOGO 50% off.  And the final price per pax will range from $40 -$120, with various combinations of the sales.  I think Royal's IT department just has some sort of random number generator than programs this!

That’s it

I’m waiting for Royal IT department to put out the $18 deal again 😁

• Like 1