RCCL is making fun of us us Aussies - surely !

56 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

We do odd specialty dining but I find it’s not worth it especially when you have already paid for your food.

Same with us.  Plus, we're not foodies or big eaters and often find the amount of food served at the specialty restaurants to be far more than we can eat.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

Same with us.  Plus, we're not foodies or big eaters and often find the amount of food served at the specialty restaurants to be far more than we can eat.

Specialty restaurants also aren't as good as they used to be.  Menus have shrunk and changed with fewer  offerings.  But, we would always leave them so stuffed because you felt you had to eat your money's worth, as in every course.  

• Like 3

After reading most of these posts come to a conclusion Cruising is no longer a good vacation value people like it used to be.

There are other places to spend your money and will make you much more happier. Get OUT There  and check it out. 🙂

You will be surprised.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

After reading most of these posts come to a conclusion Cruising is no longer a good value people like it used to be.

If you stay away from the very inflated on-board offerings, it can still be.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Biker19 said:

If you stay away from the very inflated on-board offerings, it can still be.

Agree ,....... but it was never this unjustifiable added cost before as far as we remember . Pre covid we would question the $50 price for Murano on Celebrity but always purchased that because it was outstanding value and a delightful fine dining experience ( the menu , atmosphere , service all first class ) - Having dined in Chops previously , for me its not the same experience and at $92 way above what I consider value. We would spend $50 extra but not what they are asking and certainly not the asking price for Wonderland or Jamies . Almost $300 pp for Ultimate dining on a 6 night cruise - not for us either .

We have a new sale on now --  "SALE" 😂

Alcoholic Beverage Packages

Product List

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hammo said:

Agree ,....... but it was never this unjustifiable added cost before as far as we remember . Pre covid we would question the $50 price for Murano on Celebrity but always purchased that because it was outstanding value and a delightful fine dining experience ( the menu , atmosphere , service all first class ) - Having dined in Chops previously , for me its not the same experience and at $92 way above what I consider value. We would spend $50 extra but not what they are asking and certainly not the asking price for Wonderland or Jamies . Almost $300 pp for Ultimate dining on a 6 night cruise - not for us either .

Product List

I just got a email for the booze package being 50% off.

I won’t be buying it but I thought I would tell some friends.

It must be Royal’s mathematics but half of $151 to me is $75  not this false advertising.

3C5A5596-0C1D-4803-BF70-F23ACE02A122.thumb.png.2f5a9744e7a4e6e2e4d5c10bed26740e.png

• Like 1

This is the email I just got and I thought I will put in my cart , just to see .

With the Buy one get one it works out to $113 per person per day.

Is this false advertising or is it just contempt for their customers.

220E47AE-E68D-4BA0-A3F8-6B9B61BD6B01.thumb.png.4e8468f5404c7235da712a91b6efc78f.png28773B85-DB30-4569-97F9-2626E0576C17.thumb.jpeg.f6504faaefda1f6c39f23bdd6938deba.jpeg

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

I just got a email for the booze package being 50% off.

I won’t be buying it but I thought I would tell some friends.

It must be Royal’s mathematics but half of $151 to me is $75  not this false advertising.

3C5A5596-0C1D-4803-BF70-F23ACE02A122.thumb.png.2f5a9744e7a4e6e2e4d5c10bed26740e.png

The sale is not 50% off each person, it's buy one (at $151), get one at 50% off ($75) = $226/2 = $113 per person.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

The sale is not 50% off each person, it's buy one (at $151), get one at 50% off ($75) = $226/2 = $113 per person.

Americans must be used to this .I suppose you are quick thinking like when it comes to working out you hotel bill or something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, hammo said:

Product List

Royal making Fun of Australian's, might have something there. Didn't believe it but just looked and my DBP price on my Fall Cruises going for $64 USD. That or they know don't drink and I won't Bite anyway... Don't give them a penny above Base Cruise, no extras bought by me. Money I save on not purchasing Drink Packages, Meal Packages and Shore Excursions save enough that every 2nd Cruise is Free. It's like a Royal BOGO Sale(Buy One Get One-Free) 😁

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

This is the email I just got and I thought I will put in my cart , just to see .

With the Buy one get one it works out to $113 per person per day.

Is this false advertising or is it just contempt for their customers.

220E47AE-E68D-4BA0-A3F8-6B9B61BD6B01.thumb.png.4e8468f5404c7235da712a91b6efc78f.png28773B85-DB30-4569-97F9-2626E0576C17.thumb.jpeg.f6504faaefda1f6c39f23bdd6938deba.jpeg

Sadly - it appears to be contempt - disrespect for peoples intelligence .

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Rabbit out of the hat stuff -- not sure why they cant offer something meaningful to encourage cruisers who have been trying to get back on board . 

4 minutes ago, hammo said:

Rabbit out of the hat stuff -- not sure why they cant offer something meaningful to encourage cruisers who have been trying to get back on board . 

Because psychology sucks people in with catchy headlines. 

Biker, who is surprised CC veterans still question RCI marketing tactics and expect  better when several years of history says they won’t change their ways. 

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Because psychology sucks people in with catchy headlines. 

Biker, who is surprised CC veterans still question RCI marketing tactics and expect  better when several years of history says they won’t change their ways. 

Guessing it's because people here haven't cruised for basically 3 years so they've forgotten some of the old tactics. Combined with an increase on pricing when we last sailed.

• Like 3

On 5/24/2022 at 3:52 AM, hammo said:

Izumi is a bargain. 

And you know it's not our fault your dollar isn't on par with ours

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Americans must be used to this .I suppose you are quick thinking like when it comes to working out you hotel bill or something.

No, we're just taught math with word problems back in primary school, so this is easy to figure out.

FWIW, another way to do BOGO50 is just subtract 25%

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

It's just a stop on the way to scrapyard

It is doing a circular around australia ?

A one way shore excursion to Alang beach resort in India  from Perth is a possibility.

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

No, we're just taught math with word problems back in primary school, so this is easy to figure out.

Only in a grade school math problem can you buy 60 cantelopes and no one asks what the hell is wrong with you. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

It's just a stop on the way to scrapyard

I hope it makes it. I was in an aft JS on Enchantment in Jan 2020 and the balcony was literally flaking away from rust. 

1 hour ago, HicksRA said:

I hope it makes it. I was in an aft JS on Enchantment in Jan 2020 and the balcony was literally flaking away from rust. 

I know Enchantment is old, but the ocean is very hard on all the ships.  I remember years ago we were on Freedom when it was still the largest in the fleet, and its balcony was very rusty.  They painted it during our cruise, but it still looked like rust that had been painted over.  I used to have a 30-foot sailboat on the coast and every...single...year the teak wood had to be refinished and the brass had to be polished every six months.  Something was always rusty.

I’m on the Ovation transpacific crossing in October, the PBP price is currently on special until 30th May for Memorial day and is A$1664 so about A$88 a day, so that’s not so bad as it has been but got to be quick! The only downside is that both people in the cabin have to get it, although if you call up as long as you buy another package, you can get just the one PBP, my wife doesn’t drink alcohol or sodas, so the soda package is a non starter, but even getting the Refreshment package is about A$40 a day!!! And all she would drink would be the Water, the occasional coffee and Green tea!!!

The 3 night dinning package is offered at a 40% discount but still A$171………I really don’t get this at all, isn’t it you pay a surcharge for speciality dining? Looking at Chops Grill at around A$95 (on special usually A$110!!!); I can eat out at a very good steakhouse in Sydney for less than that PP! Sure Chops is nice but I think they are taking the Mick a bit.

Can see why they canned the Radiance coming down under, bookings I suspect are falling short or more I suspect going to Princess (who let just one person buy their PBP or have the current offer with PBP and WiFi that’s only $40 a day each extra) and Carnival who as well as Princess price everything on board in Australian dollars when in this part of the world, plus their prices on board are more reasonable and inclusive of the gratuity, the price you see is the price you pay, not 18% added, also Celebrity with their all inclusive pricing, worked it out had we chosen to the Transpacific with Celebrity, the price was higher but factor in the included beverage package and WiFi (using RCI pricing) and it would actually have been cheaper for a balcony state room.