Live with Celine from Grand Princess Alaska May 25th - June 8th

nunuc2000

Did you lose your smart phone in Juneau on Saturday, May 28th?

If you were on the Holland America (Noordam?), Regent Mariner or Grand Princess and left your phone on a bench on the boardwalk in front of the Holland America ship, I found it.  Since it was locked I had no way of contacting you so turned it into Port Authority.  Sure hope you get it back.

• Like 2

FINALLY able to post!  Don’t trust the wifi for ANYTHING important.

Food has been outstanding in the main dining room.  We haven’t gone back to the buffet; very limited selections as is the afternoon tea.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Senga said:

Did you lose your smart phone in Juneau on Saturday, May 28th?

If you were on the Holland America (Noordam?), Regent Mariner or Grand Princess and left your phone on a bench on the boardwalk in front of the Holland America ship, I found it.  Since it was locked I had no way of contacting you so turned it into Port Authority.  Sure hope you get it back.

Thank you for doing that, hopefully it gets back to its owner 😊

When I am cruising, my lock screen has my information in case it gets lost or misplaced… I think everybody should do this when travelling. 

8C2763F5-DCFD-4C2F-A459-3DA2C2A7CBFA.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Senga said:

Food has been outstanding in the main dining room.  We haven’t gone back to the buffet; very limited selections as is the afternoon tea.

I agree, the Buffet food has been very limited and not very tasty either… first world problems I guess lol. The views are amazing though, so it makes up for it 😊

On 5/28/2022 at 7:15 PM, Senga said:

Surprised at how inexpensive jackets/sweatshirts are in Ketchikan and Juneau.  They SEEM good quality.

I'd buy one if they didn't say "ALASKA" on the front or the back of them. 

15 minutes ago, nunuc2000 said:

Thank you for doing that, hopefully it gets back to its owner 😊

When I am cruising, my lock screen has my information in case it gets lost or misplaced… I think everybody should do this when travelling. 

Celine, when we meet up I’ll have to get you to show me how to do that!!!!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Senga said:

How was internet speed the day after you boarded ? We will be doing covid proctored test the day before we disembark in Vancouver next week and are trying to determine if wifi will be sufficient. 

7 minutes ago, erber said:

How was internet speed the day after you boarded ? We will be doing covid proctored test the day before we disembark in Vancouver next week and are trying to determine if wifi will be sufficient. 

I honestly wouldn’t trust it on ANYTHING important.

34 minutes ago, erber said:

the problem is if you get disconnected for even a brief second your test won't be valid and you will have to retake.   

1 hour ago, erber said:

Senga is right… do not trust the Wi-Fi for anything important at all!! While it was a little more consistent the first couple of days out of Vancouver, it still had a tendency to get wonky occasionally. 

Just spoke with a lady who’s husband is in quarantine with COVID.  He tested positive in Ketchikan so there is no way he contracted it ON the ship.  She said Princess has been wonderful.  They are traveling without insurance because “they NEVER get sick”!!!!  Guess this proves testing offers no guarantees and traveling without insurance is risky.

7 minutes ago, Senga said:

Just spoke with a lady who’s husband is in quarantine with COVID.  He tested positive in Ketchikan so there is no way he contracted it ON the ship.  She said Princess has been wonderful.  They are traveling without insurance because “they NEVER get sick”!!!!  Guess this proves testing offers no guarantees and traveling without insurance is risky.

I am not sure (not looking up) when you reached Ketchikan.  But, if the passenger tested 2-3 days before boarding, there still was the chance passenger contacted Covid after testing or flying or....

When I pre-cruise test, I remain isolated until my cruise.  All of my cruises have not involved flying.  I, for one, would love to see Princess also include embarkation testing or testing a couple of days after boarding.  So how many people did this passenger come in contact with while he was contagious?  Not going to happen.  Just on my wish list like so many other things.

• Like 3

@Senga
Really easy to set on the lock screen of my phone for when I travel… And I have an iPhone, so as long as you do too, here are the easy instructions lol

First, either go into Notes and type out your information which is what I did and then screen grab it… Alternatively you can write it out on a piece of paper and take a photo, key being that you have either a screen grab picture or an actual photo. 

-then go to settings
-select wallpaper
-select choose a new wallpaper
-go into Photos
-select the screen grab or actual picture of the info you want to use
-move and scale it if needed to ensure that it fits properly on your screen
-Select “set”
-Then select “ set lock screen“… and you’re done!! 

When you’re done traveling, follow these steps again and choose whatever picture background you want for your set lock screen instead of your travel info… I have one that I always default back to that has my husbands cell phone number, in case I lose my phone anywhere else, it says to contact him and we can make arrangements to get my phone back… And I put his cell number on it. 

E7A8FE18-19D3-46F9-B7DA-2AC0AFF5DFC3.jpeg

9A38EB98-34ED-48F2-BEDC-E3D813BC1369.jpeg

459B821F-C592-4977-8C0A-1B5FE6C4DBE8.jpeg

49185FF8-F851-4A8C-90DC-11BBE72A9124.jpeg

Edited by nunuc2000
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Senga said:

Oh dear… that’s awful! Are they doing the b2b or only the one segment? If b2b, are they getting off in Whittier? I think portside Aloha deck 12 might be the quarantine area… noticed the big doors are closed at midship for that floor. 

We can’t imagine EVER cruising without insurance, pre or post covid. 

Simply a spectacular day for viewing in glacier Bay!!! Currently 21 Celsius, virtually no wind other than the light breeze while the ship is moving, we had perfect sunny skies, saw a brown bear, and a small whale blowholing near a sailboat, and several otters and seals. We have cruised on this itinerary once before, in September several years ago, but this weather was absolutely perfect compared to then!!! 
tomorrow we are hitting college fjord, hopefully the weather is as good then as it was today!! 😊

255DDCA9-23E8-4B26-A8E3-94E9122152EC.jpeg

E1D5ABC8-87AC-4289-987B-92E5CA35AF16.jpeg

7B48D1FF-E7CA-4895-99EA-D7FC5AB5ADC7.jpeg

67AB33DD-EAF4-4216-8EC9-93EC9BFB199B.jpeg

EFF26A2C-D805-478D-9EA8-6291305A2110.jpeg

6021380A-C5D5-4EFB-869A-0CDF33C8ACA5.jpeg

019FC40F-0FEE-459C-8D5E-573168FFD912.jpeg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Senga said:

Nice photos, so pretty

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, nunuc2000 said:

Oh dear… that’s awful! Are they doing the b2b or only the one segment? If b2b, are they getting off in Whittier? I think portside Aloha deck 12 might be the quarantine area… noticed the big doors are closed at midship for that floor. 

We can’t imagine EVER cruising without insurance, pre or post covid. 

They were supposed to do the land portion next week but she said they just want to go home from Whittier.  Yes, Deck 12 portside is correct.

We were so lucky cruising Glacier Bay when we did.  The fog is rolling in now which was our fear for the day.  We had heard horror stories about being unable to see anything because of fog.  

Celine, lucky sightings of wildlife.  I saw “something” swimming by and, in spite of Willie being on critter watch with binoculars we saw zilch.  😢06289DD7-75D3-4A18-A024-0EB662C0809C.thumb.jpeg.133bf80736b7d8e55ce20cbda21a223d.jpeg

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Senga said:

We were so lucky cruising Glacier Bay when we did.  The fog is rolling in now which was our fear for the day.  We had heard horror stories about being unable to see anything because of fog.  

Celine, lucky sightings of wildlife.  I saw “something” swimming by and, in spite of Willie being on critter watch with binoculars we saw zilch.  😢06289DD7-75D3-4A18-A024-0EB662C0809C.thumb.jpeg.133bf80736b7d8e55ce20cbda21a223d.jpeg

We really were lucky!! They were blowing the horn due to fog very early when we first entered the area, and by 9am it was perfect!! It took forever for us to spot the brown bear that the naturalist was pointing out… we watched it all from our balcony and were so happy to have our own space 😊 

PS, thanks for the message about Crown Grill…got a booking for Saturday 😊

• Like 2