Queens Jubilee

amajaa

Would be good to hear it but unfortunately we don’t live anywhere near the coast. I know lots of ships are having a Jubilee party over the bank holiday weekend .

We are having a big street party in our street, got the bunting all ready🫅🇬🇧👑 💂7️⃣0️⃣🥂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jazzytelly said:

Would be good to hear it but unfortunately we don’t live anywhere near the coast. I know lots of ships are having a Jubilee party over the bank holiday weekend .

We are having a big street party in our street, got the bunting all ready🫅🇬🇧👑 💂7️⃣0️⃣🥂

I remember celebrating the Silver Jubilee with a street party in Birmingham in 1977😄.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, villauk said:

I remember celebrating the Silver Jubilee with a street party in Birmingham in 1977😄.

never been to a "jubilee" , but went to many football games in Birmingham, before they moved them to Tuscaloosa

1 minute ago, voljeep said:

never been to a "jubilee" , but went to many football games in Birmingham, before they moved them to Tuscaloosa

🤣😆 I think we’re on about 2 totally different Birminghams 😆!

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, villauk said:

Yes we had one as well. Where we live now we had one for Prince William’s wedding, one for Prince Harry’s wedding and a socially distanced one on our driveways for the VE Day 75 year celebration. We are having one for the Jubilee weekend but as it’s also half term a few neighbours will still be away. 

Edited by amajaa
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, villauk said:

I remember my family stringing up a huge union flag on the outside of our house. And having to dress up in red, white and blue,  dance around a Maypole outside my primary school with other girls and hold  oversized union jack cakes made by the school canteen. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dides said:

We'll be boarding Sky Princess in Southampton around that time so should be in prime position to hear this (or could be stuck in the terminal!)

Love Boat Horns!  Heck yes wish we could be over there for this!

Cheers

• Like 2

14 hours ago, dides said:

We'll be boarding Sky Princess in Southampton around that time so should be in prime position to hear this (or could be stuck in the terminal!)

Let us know how it goes. 🚢🚢

During lockdown when we all went outside every Thursday evening to do the clapping for the NHS all the ships horns were sounding in Southampton at the same time. People were posting which cruise ships were docked at the time sounding their horns and also many more parked up at sea all along the coast. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, dides said:

Not sure the Sky Princess Love Boat theme horns are appropriate for the Queens Jubilee 😁😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Alcairns said:

Not sure the Sky Princess Love Boat theme horns are appropriate for the Queens Jubilee 😁😁

It should stand out though. Interesting to know if you can hear it over all the other horns

A lot of ships in that day, Queen Victoria, Iona, Ventura, Sky Princess and Bolette . Traffic is going to be busy in Southampton that day

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alcairns said:

Not sure why not... after all, her granddaughter-in-law is Godmother of the newest Royal Princess, and her former daughter-in-law was the Godmother of the Royal Princess before that.  😊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alcairns said:

Any ship any horn ....bring it on, but bring your earplugs too 😁

maybe Solent ships webcams on YT will be showing it ?

On 5/26/2022 at 4:37 AM, Alcairns said:

Not appropriate for navigation either.

It's not like they're going to sound the love boat horn in fog...

5 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

Not appropriate for navigation either.

It's not like they're going to sound the love boat horn in fog...

How would a land locked lad from Nebraska know about such things?  🙂  🤣🚣‍♂️🏖️  Kidding folks.

Well going to tune in nonetheless.  Wish we could be there!

Cheers