Can't upload vaccine cards to Medallion App!

shay1

I am using a Moto G Stylus Android phone.  Once I click on upload it shows up on the app but it has RETAKE right under and the Save is grayed out below so I cannot save it to the app. I deleted the picture I first took and took another picture of our vaccination cards and still same problem. Anyone else have this problem and what did you do about it. We sail this Saturday, May 28th.

I apologize, but we just got off the Caribbean Princess a couple of weeks ago, which sailed from SF, and are getting ready to go on the Regal on a Med cruise leaving out of Barcelona in July and we have never been required to upload a picture of our CDC cards using the Medallion App. Passports, yes, CDC cards, no. However, we did need to show them when we first embarked on our cruise in SF.

If I might ask, where are you seeing this requirement in the App?

6 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I apologize, but we just got off the Caribbean Princess a couple of weeks ago, which sailed from SF, and are getting ready to go on the Regal on a Med cruise leaving out of Barcelona in July and we have never been required to upload a picture of our CDC cards using the Medallion App. Passports, yes, CDC cards, no. However, we did need to show them when we first embarked on our cruise in SF.

If I might ask, where are you seeing this requirement in the App?

On the App go to Travel Checklist, then Health Status then Health Documents.

It's very buggy, only allows you to upload one picture (so if your CDC Card has your boosters on the back you're out of luck) and then you get a message that the "Document Pending Approval".  For us it has stayed that way for several days now.

• Thanks 1

It's there, but I deleted mine because we had gotten the booster and went to reload it.   That screwed everything up and I should have left it the way it was.   I immediately went to code "yellow" which is not a good thing.   I totally deleted the app and then went back and added my photo of my vaccination card.   This got me out of the "yellow" but now it shows as "document pending approval".   It's been that way since they updated the app.

CF0405A9-1F22-4E1E-9EA8-CE5057CFF1EE.jpeg

• Thanks 1

I have not done the update on the app. We are still showing in the Green Lane. What will happen if we cannot upload our cards? I have not even tried to upload our Negative Test forms.  Will we just show them at the terminal? 

8 minutes ago, MJU said:

The proof of negative PCR/Antigen test says 48 hours before cruise.  I thought the rule was 3 days???

Likely you can still get tested 3 days in advance (if you qualify) but can't upload the results until you're within 48 hours

7 minutes ago, shay1 said:

I have not done the update on the app. We are still showing in the Green Lane. What will happen if we cannot upload our cards? I have not even tried to upload our Negative Test forms.  Will we just show them at the terminal? 

My PVP left me a "Bon Voyage" voicemail and email both saying that I still need to bring the vaccination  and negative test  proof with me for embarkation. Possibly this is just because we cruise out of Vancouver, but, in any case, I'm sure you can just show the hardcopy info at the cruise terminal. 

10 minutes ago, MJU said:

The proof of negative PCR/Antigen test says 48 hours before cruise.  I thought the rule was 3 days???

Princess website has not changed and it remains 3 days for those up to date on vaccinations ( for USA with caveats about Canada).

8 minutes ago, shay1 said:

The update has the new upload features.  If you plan to use the app onboard you might want to update it.  If not you may simply want to show your documents at boarding which might be what they will do for everyone anyway since this feature is so new.

1 minute ago, OccasionalSanta said:

Likely you can still get tested 3 days in advance (if you qualify) but can't upload the results until you're within 48 hours

Bingo.  The rules for testing timelines on the Princess website haven't changed since May 11th.  We tested yesterday for a cruise departing this Saturday.  Tried to upload results yesterday and earlier today but the button was disabled.  Now we are within 48 hours of boarding and the button has been enabled.  All of our documents have been uploaded and show as pending review so we are all set.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OccasionalSanta said:

My PVP left me a "Bon Voyage" voicemail and email both saying that I still need to bring the vaccination  and negative test  proof with me for embarkation. Possibly this is just because we cruise out of Vancouver, but, in any case, I'm sure you can just show the hardcopy info at the cruise terminal. 

Just like you still need to bring your passport, even tho' you uploaded a picture of it. 

• Like 1

I am also having problems uploading the vaccination cards on the iPhone. Ours are now on three cards, but I can’t find a way to load more than one.  I have restarted the phone three times, logged off and back on (after changing my password 🙄).  We were green lane, then blue, back to green. Now I can’t see Gary’s info.  I have spent enough time on this, will let them sort it out at the terminal.  

2 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I am also having problems uploading the vaccination cards on the iPhone. Ours are now on three cards, but I can’t find a way to load more than one.  I have restarted the phone three times, logged off and back on (after changing my password 🙄).  We were green lane, then blue, back to green. Now I can’t see Gary’s info.  I have spent enough time on this, will let them sort it out at the terminal.  

Just what we do not need is more stress while we are trying to get excited for our cruise, right? I just now got both of our cards to upload and our negative vaccination form. Once I uploaded the Negative test the Save button was ready for me to click on.  I am still in green lane thank goodness. I thought we were going to have to wait until we were at the terminal.  We might have to show them again even though we uploaded them, we will be prepared for that too. Do you remember where we find our time to arrive on the app. I just see green lane (still processing) but not the time. Since we are driving, and it will be on Saturday and a Holiday weekend we plan to leave here earlier than we did for our Edge cruise last month that was on a Sunday.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shay1 said:

Just what we do not need is more stress while we are trying to get excited for our cruise, right? I just now got both of our cards to upload and our negative vaccination form. Once I uploaded the Negative test the Save button was ready for me to click on.  I am still in green lane thank goodness. I thought we were going to have to wait until we were at the terminal.  We might have to show them again even though we uploaded them, we will be prepared for that too. Do you remember where we find our time to arrive on the app. I just see green lane (still processing) but not the time. Since we are driving, and it will be on Saturday and a Holiday weekend we plan to leave here earlier than we did for our Edge cruise last month that was on a Sunday.

Click on Personal Information Travel Documents

Scroll down the page below "Suggested"

Click on Arrival & Departure times

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cruzin4us said:

Click on Personal Information Travel Documents

Scroll down the page below "Suggested"

Click on Arrival & Departure times

I just came back to post the exact same info, you beat me to it!  Between the four-hour drive and the offsite parking shuttle, we will get there when we get there 😂. Hopefully close to our arrival time, but too many variables in play to be certain.

• Like 1

Thank you for the information. It does not show an arrival time. When I click on to choose one it gave me an error. We are in the Green Lane/ Arrival Group B. Maybe because it shows it is now processing our covid docs and test.  Oh well I am just going to get there when we get there since we have a 4-hour drive and have to wait for the parking lot shuttle to take us to the port.

3 hours ago, msmoger said:

On the App go to Travel Checklist, then Health Status then Health Documents.

It's very buggy, only allows you to upload one picture (so if your CDC Card has your boosters on the back you're out of luck) and then you get a message that the "Document Pending Approval".  For us it has stayed that way for several days now.

I was able after a long fight with my computer 🤣edit the pictures of the front and back of my cards into one and uploaded that 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shay1 said:

Thank you for the information. It does not show an arrival time. When I click on to choose one it gave me an error. We are in the Green Lane/ Arrival Group B. Maybe because it shows it is now processing our covid docs and test.  Oh well I am just going to get there when we get there since we have a 4-hour drive and have to wait for the parking lot shuttle to take us to the port.

You should be able to click on your arrival preference and pick a time.    I'd upload a picture but I managed to dump a full cup of coffee on my phone.   I'm praying it doesn't trash the thing.....err

6 hours ago, shay1 said:

I am using a Moto G Stylus Android phone.  Once I click on upload it shows up on the app but it has RETAKE right under and the Save is grayed out below so I cannot save it to the app. I deleted the picture I first took and took another picture of our vaccination cards and still same problem. Anyone else have this problem and what did you do about it. We sail this Saturday, May 28th.

I am using a Samsung S10e and uploaded Vax cards for me and dh and got the same result as you.  Oh well, if it isn't approved before we sail, I will just take documents with us as before.

2 minutes ago, DiRonT said:

I am using a Samsung S10e and uploaded Vax cards for me and dh and got the same result as you.  Oh well, if it isn't approved before we sail, I will just take documents with us as before.

From what I read, we have to take the physical cards with us anyway.

• Like 1

Is there a certain number of days before sailing that the app options are available?   My app doesn't have the option to upload vaccination cards or passports photos.  Arrival groups Early-Mid-Late all show "0". We're 108 days away from sailing.  I constantly get a frozen white screen even after deleting the app.  

10 hours ago, shirazcruiser said:

Is there a certain number of days before sailing that the app options are available?   My app doesn't have the option to upload vaccination cards or passports photos.  Arrival groups Early-Mid-Late all show "0". We're 108 days away from sailing.  I constantly get a frozen white screen even after deleting the app.  

I never was able to upload or scan a copy of passport into the app. But I was able to enter the number in and it accepted it. I was able to upload the vax cards as soon as the app got updated for it and I'm still over 90 days out.