how noisy are the hump cabins on deck 8 on the serenade of the seas

JUst asking if the noise from the centrum activities make the hump cabins on this ship a no-no for noise level in the evenings??We have sailed on the sister ships and have avoided the hump cabins, but are tempted to try one because of the great balcony ....thanks so much for any input.

31 minutes ago, retired dude said:

JUst asking if the noise from the centrum activities make the hump cabins on this ship a no-no for noise level in the evenings??We have sailed on the sister ships and have avoided the hump cabins, but are tempted to try one because of the great balcony ....thanks so much for any input.

I stayed in a hump cabin on deck 9 on Serenade and if there was a party in the Centrum you could hear but it was more like a low muffled sound and not loud or noisy at all. I only know because I had to go to my room for something while an event was happening but I was in and back out. When I would go to bed at night there was nothing going that would have any noise. 

I sailed the Serenade on August 2013 right after they did some work on her.  This was a 12 night Mediterranean sail and chose a balcony hump cabin #9078.  Big mistake.  It's the first cabin by the Centrum.  Some of the work done on the Serenade was adding extra speakers in the Centrum.  Anytime there was a show, the noise reverberated to the cabin.  Not only was the noise coming via the Centrum but also via the elevators.  It was so bad that I couldn't sleep and asked if we could move to another cabin, if one was available.  They tried to close the emergency doors, but that did not help.  I even tried sleeping in the lounger that was in the balcony.

On the 4th night we got a call that a balcony cabin was available, but they gave some flimsy excuse that since we were Diamonds that they could not relegate us to a lower type of cabin.  We said "are you kidding."

Anyway, we got moved to balcony cabin #8126 and finally were able to get a good night sleep which we needed as tours in Italy are somewhere in the 10 hour range and they leave quite early.

We also got FCC totaling some $800 each and able to utilize it towards our first Oasis sail the following year.

2 minutes ago, nelblu said:

I sailed the Serenade on August 2013 right after they did some work on her.  This was a 12 night Mediterranean sail and chose a balcony hump cabin #9078.  Big mistake.  It's the first cabin by the Centrum.  Some of the work done on the Serenade was adding extra speakers in the Centrum.  Anytime there was a show, the noise reverberated to the cabin.  Not only was the noise coming via the Centrum but also via the elevators.  It was so bad that I couldn't sleep and asked if we could move to another cabin, if one was available.  They tried to close the emergency doors, but that did not help.  I even tried sleeping in the lounger that was in the balcony.

On the 4th night we got a call that a balcony cabin was available, but they gave some flimsy excuse that since we were Diamonds that they could not relegate us to a lower type of cabin.  We said "are you kidding."

Anyway, we got moved to balcony cabin #8126 and finally were able to get a good night sleep which we needed as tours in Italy are somewhere in the 10 hour range and they leave quite early.

We also got FCC totaling some $800 each and able to utilize it towards our first Oasis sail the following year.

I wondered if 9078 or 9092 were noisy since they don't have the extra wall like the cabins 9582 thru 9590 have.

• Like 1

We have a hump next month on the Serenade, although on the other side away from the elevators.

I did think about the noise factor, but found a review on the cabin I am in and they mentioned that they hardly heard any noise, which they had expected.  Being by the elevator bays would have been a big concern to me. The entertainment will cease at some point, but people gathering and talking by the elevators can occur even in the middle of the night.

I am looking forward to the larger balcony. From the diagram, and based on previous humps, it is about 50% larger. Not aft-sized, but not bad.

16 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I wondered if 9078 or 9092 were noisy since they don't have the extra wall like the cabins 9582 thru 9590 have.

Exactly. The wall on this side makes all the difference. We stayed in 8594. Best location ever. No noise, and almost no traffic either, since only those "living" on the hump used this corridor. 

I would never book the cabins on the port side, since they're indeed very noisy.

• Like 1