CLUB ORANGE

ccaxle

If you search, there are many threads on Club Orange. Many people enjoy the "private dining", quieter, better service. As Neptune pax, we have not used it..we like the MDR most of then time.

Only you can decide if it is worth it. I believe the price is the same on every ship, but it seems they sometimes have promotions for it.

We’ve been in Club Orange both ways - as Neptune Passengers and as non-Neptune with a paid add-on. Yes, it is worth it to us on the three Pinnacle Class ships which all have the small Club Orange dining room. 

It is not worth it to us for a non-Pinnacle ship.

The fare we paid varied by length of cruise, from $15 to $25 per person, per day. (Longer cruises had the lower rate.)

These are the benefits from HAL website below (pre-Rotterdam since under “dining” it was left off the reference to the other two Pinnacles). Note that the “special events” have not been happening in the post pandemic era, according to at least one complaint. Of course, a lot of gatherings aboard ships have been on hold.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/content/dam/hal/inventory-assets/activity-types/dining/club-orange/Club_Orange_Benefits.pdf?ICID=HECIV072419345

Edited by Caribbean Chris
  • Like 2

We like the separate dining area on the three Pinnacle class ships as it is much quieter, service better, and food prepared fasted and seems warmer.

The big benefit however is the free cabin upgrade to the best avialable in your category (like Verandah).  The difference is sometimes less than you would pay to upgrade yourself (for example from a VH to a VA).

• Like 4

3 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

The big benefit however is the free cabin upgrade to the best available in your category (like Verandah).  The difference is sometimes less than you would pay to upgrade yourself (for example from a VH to a VA).

This is definitely true.  We originally booked a V cabin on the NS.  Called back and asked HAL to downgrade us to a VH obstructed bacony, buy Club Orange, then upgrade back to our original V-category cabin.  This dropped our booking $60 and we get the Club Orange benefits.

• Like 4

We don't care about the private dining room, but we were offered it once and used it for a cabin upgrade in the same category.  The reason I don't like the dining area is that it looks like a glass fishbowl with everyone walking by and looking in.  It's a little strange.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, albingirl said:

We don't care about the private dining room, but we were offered it once and used it for a cabin upgrade in the same category.  The reason I don't like the dining area is that it looks like a glass fishbowl with everyone walking by and looking in.  It's a little strange.

I have never really noticed it while dining.  Plus there are some tables away from the windows.  Further, I have heard that on the Rotterdam it is not as open as the other two ships and a bit nicer.

12 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

I have never really noticed it while dining.  Plus there are some tables away from the windows.  Further, I have heard that on the Rotterdam it is not as open as the other two ships and a bit nicer.

I don’t notice it either.  The hot food temperature wise makes up for it.  I don’t like the mdr nearly as much.

51 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I don’t notice it either.  The hot food temperature wise makes up for it.  I don’t like the mdr nearly as much.

Also, the staff in Club Orange is very attentive and get to know your dining habits very quickly.  Far better (and quicker) service versus the MDR.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DaveOKC said:

Also, the staff in Club Orange is very attentive and get to know your dining habits very quickly.  Far better (and quicker) service versus the MDR.

Shhhhh. Don't talk this up too much. 

• Haha 3

I enjoy the smaller Club Orange dining room but service is walk in (no reservations) and I have had better service in the dining room with fixed dining.  In March 2022 on the Koningsdam I found a lack of consistency in the breakfast preparation and there seemed to be a lack of consistency in servers for both breakfast and dinner.  Staffing issues may have been Covid related.  The service in November 2021 was more consistent.

Edited by oaktreerb
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, oaktreerb said:

I enjoy the smaller Club Orange dining room but service is walk in (no reservations) and I have had better service in the dining room with fixed dining.  In March 2022 on the Koningsdam I found a lack of consistency in the breakfast preparation and there seemed to be a lack of consistency in servers for both breakfast and dinner.  Staffing issues may have been Covid related.  The service in November 2021 was more consistent.

We must be following each other.  I was on the ship in both November and March.  I find the service is inconsistent as well.  One day very good, the next day scattered.  I can’t even say it was because they were busy.  I really do love club orange just the same.  I rarely eat in there at night because I get quite a few freebie dinners at specialty restaurants and I just enjoy them as well.

• Like 1

My next cruise is my first since the introduction of Club Orange.  We are a family who enjoys fixed late dining in the MDR, which we have reserved this time as well.  How will dinner work on this next cruise?  Will we have an assigned table in the MDR, but also the ability to drop into Club Orange anytime during the dinner service?

You can only use the Club Orange dining room if you purchased it or are in a Neptune or Pinnacle suite.  If so, you can walk in to CO anytime during dinner service even if you have an assigned table in the MDR.