Live from Caribbean Princess, May 28 to June 11th

nreeder

13 hours ago, nreeder said:

One more thing   You can kill me off for this. This cruise isn’t a “Covid cruise “. All passengers had to be vaccinated and have a negative Covid test before boarding. I think it’s misleading to emphasize Covid. Not all 2,700 passengers have or will get Covid. I just hope all of you aboard have a wonderful cruise and yes take care of yourself. Tomorrow is Saint Thomas. Have a great day!  Norm 

Right!  Agree....We sailed in Dec/Jan on the the Sky and it was great!  Hope you all are as lucky!

But DH and I were on the original "covid cruise"...Coral Princess in 2020...everyone we knew got sick!  

20 minutes ago, ranger55 said:

keeping a eye on this cone graphic

Nasty forecast for driving to Ft L but don't think it's related to Agatha.  Port forecasts still look OK, but she could gain strength once she gets back over water.  Assuming there is enough of her left.

Edited by cltnccruisers

15 hours ago, suzyed said:

See how you feel in a few days.  After our cruise DH felt sick on the way home in the provided van (with 3 other couples)...we were gloved and masked all the way.  We went for tests after we got home...he was positive and I was negative...which is impossible since we spent the previous 34 day together, the last six days in quarantine.  I tested positive about a week later.
I hope you remain healthy! 

I'm confused.

You say that your husband tested positive the day after you got home and that you were negative but had spent the last six days in quarantine  on the ship - so one of you had it on the cruise. Why did you test when you got home - you had supposedly just recovered. ?????

On 5/30/2022 at 11:41 AM, tetleytea said:

In your opinion, is MDR on Princess Cay day the best idea?   My first time to Princess Cay--I understand Princess serves food to the passengers off the ship--although it might be more the burgers-and-pizza type than the MDR.   But you're out on the beach, so....picnic food out on the beach might be better than waiting in line on the ship.

Sorry, I ordered pizza to my cabin after reboarding the ship.  It was delicious. 

On 5/30/2022 at 3:19 AM, caribill said:

Unless people report back to Princess that they caught Covid during the cruise, Princess would not know of these post-cruise cases.

Who do you suppose we would report it to?

4 minutes ago, suzyed said:

Who do you suppose we would report it to?

Just call the main Princess number and after being on hold for 3 hours you can tell someone that doesn't care

• Haha 7

2 minutes ago, cruzin4us said:

Just call the main Princess number and after being on hold for 3 hours you can tell someone that doesn't care

Right, that's what I thought.  LOL

• Like 1

So today in St Thomas we did a private snorkeling trip. We chose the company because they limit the capacity to 12 people. If you have been here before you know that both snorkel and dive boat trips cater to the large cruise ships that call here. Given current health conditions we felt smaller was better but we paid a premium price. We thought it was worth it. I didn’t get a turtle picture but they were there and others did. Went to three stops. Found on two websites I can’t name because of CruisCritic policies. But both are travel sites and one starts with a “V” and the other can be abbreviated as T A. Picture taken with iPhone in a waterproof sleeve. 4C6260FB-BD69-457D-ABBF-F9100E15C425.thumb.jpeg.a47df445c571d3d0478540bec8bef772.jpegNorm 

• Like 2

Just to let you know. I’m having problems posting pit. They don’t upload. I tried sending the Patter and menu last night and they didn’t send. Will try again. Today is St Kitts. We aren’t doing anything here as everyone recommended the scenic train and we’ve already done that. Will go ashore for lunch. Maureen discovered a place for roti which she likes. We hav massages this afternoon as they are cheaper on port days. 

Why is this ridiculous?   Princess knows what’s happening relative to covid.  You would hope so!  When you’re off the ship, Princess does not care whether a person has Covid when they get home.    

You’re on a vacation in Florida at a Marriott Resort for 5 days.  Two days after you get home you test positive.  How many persons are reporting they are positive?  Marriott does not care it you test positive once your home.

You’re on an Amtrak train vacation (National Park Express) for 10 days from Chicago to Seattle.  Two days after you get home you test positive.  Will you report your test result to Amtrak?   Amtrak does not care if you tested positive.

I agree with susyed – who do you suppose we should report it to?  CDC!

Now that your home and test positive -- may be you should report your test result to local county health agency?   Bottom line -- the travel industry really don’t care once your home.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, nreeder said:

We have not had any smell it toilet issues. We are on Riviera Deck. The top passenger deck under the Lido deck. Norm 

Hi Norm and Maureen!

It was so nice to meet you!

I am glad that you are having a wonderful time and cannot wait to see all of your pictures, once you have the bandwidth to upload them!

See you around!

Tracie-Lynn

Ok I have a little time for reflection as our pictures appointment got canceled. A number of people prior to the cruise wanted to know what improvements were being made in the April dry dock. This however was a hull maintenance dry dock. Nothing was done to the interior. But and there is absolutely no worries about how the ship looks inside. Remember Caribbean Princess went through a major upgrade inside in 2019. That sounds like long ago. However she was out of commission for most of 2020 and 2021 due to Covid. She still looks new inside and the changes then bring many of the features and decor of Royal Class ships. The pictures on the wall of our suite are the same as those on Regal Princess on which we’ve previously sailed. There’s no more green cloth couch. It’s light beige. The carpet had been changed and the padded back above the bed is now white tufted vinyl not green cloth to match the old couch. I see new pictures on the walls of balcony cabins as we pass by too. The lido buffet is now Fresh Market Place with lots of separate stations. Hopefully the will bring back Planks and Steamers when crew staffing gets ramped up. We saw new crew board in St Thomas so they are working on it. 
We’ve told our waiters and steward that they  are the reason we have Elite Status. Dining room staff are wonderful. They new our names the second night. They know we drink lots of water (and a bottle of wine too). The dining room looks so nice. I appreciate real silver knives and forks etc.  Even Celebrity which is supposed to be upscale has everyday stainless utensils. Wine glasses are Reidel for us when we order a bottle Food is perfectly presented and portions are small. That works for us because of the multiple courses. I had a small goat cheese soufflé as an appetizer. Intense flavor and very rich. I was so glad I didn’t miss that. I know others are not as pleased as we are. But with 24 Princess Cruises under our belt, we know what to expect and they have more than met our expectations. I just hope you have as much enjoyment as we have had so far. Now off for another massage. Life is good! Norm 

• Like 8

Agree 100%!  Inside is still quite nice. The crew can’t do enough for you and are working so hard for all of us. And I’m thinking that the food is better than what we had on the Regal in February. It’s all been so pleasant and any problems we have had have been quickly resolved. That is except for two things that we can work around. The door doesn’t open when we approach. We have to physically tap our medallions to the tablet and then wait a few seconds for the door to open. Same thing apparently happened on the last cruise and they are working on a solution. The other thing could be more troubling if our steward wasn’t on the ball. The tablet changes from do not disturb mode to service the room on its own. The steward checks his device and can tell we are in the room so no harm done. Back to watching the fuel barge off our balcony. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, John99 said:

Why is this ridiculous?   Princess knows what’s happening relative to covid.  You would hope so!  When you’re off the ship, Princess does not care whether a person has Covid when they get home.    

You’re on a vacation in Florida at a Marriott Resort for 5 days.  Two days after you get home you test positive.  How many persons are reporting they are positive?  Marriott does not care it you test positive once your home.

You’re on an Amtrak train vacation (National Park Express) for 10 days from Chicago to Seattle.  Two days after you get home you test positive.  Will you report your test result to Amtrak?   Amtrak does not care if you tested positive.

I agree with susyed – who do you suppose we should report it to?  CDC!

Now that your home and test positive -- may be you should report your test result to local county health agency?   Bottom line -- the travel industry really don’t care once your home.

You're correct!
When we tested positive way back when, our results were reported to the local health agency. they called us several times to "check on" us.

Ok I’ve discovered that photos load perfectly on FB and fail constantly on CruiseCritic. So I will still post text here but Patters and menu’s and foodie pictures I will post to Princess FB page. There’s a problem with CruiseCritic uploading. So we had a great day at St Kitts and an outstanding dinner at Sabbatini’s. On FB. Norm 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, billcruise34491 said:

Please post any update from Captain regarding returning to Port Everglades on time.

Local Florida weather now predicting 80% chance of tropical storm development for South Florida on Saturday.

Thank you.

Stay safe South Florida!