Willdra's Massive Carnival Mardi Gras Apr 30- May 7 Review

willdra

Just now, purpleally said:
On 6/5/2022 at 1:23 PM, purpleally said:

You are so fun!
by the way, Crocs are evil !  I have a neighbor, walking at the mall, fell, and broke both knee caps. I vote no, even when they come in purple!

• Like 2

Once again you knocked it out of the park with this review! I love your writing! You make me miss the Mardi Gras, the salad bar at Serenity was a hidden gem I didn't find until the last day so now I'm thinking I need to book another trip on her to enjoy it again.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, willdra said:

When I got back to the cabin I thought that I should at least start packing. That thought went right out of the window, when I sat down on that comfy couch. It was nice and cool in there so I was out like a light in a few minutes flat. I slept until around 6. I woke up when I heard rumbling that sounded like thunder, or a lawnmower. I looked around and quickly realized the rumbling was coming from me! I must’ve been snoring. Don’t tell W. He and I don’t agree on whether or not I snore. 

W came in around that time, but I was up packing so he waited until I was done. It’s crazy how fast we pack to go home. I guess it's cuz all of our mess is in one place. Using the packing cubes helps too. Once we were satisfied with our progress, we got ready for dinner. We wanted to do Cucina del Capitano. W didn’t know it was free on Mardi Gras. He kept going “Wow I can’t believe they don’t charge for it on this ship”. Mardi Gras definitely made a fan with that one. We waited in the cabin maybe 20 minutes until we got the "table ready" notification. I double checked behind W, since he tricked me the other day.

When I was sure that we had a table, we left to go eat. The Cucina Del Capitano on this ship is huge! We were shown right to our table when we arrived. Since we also knew what we wanted, we ordered right then as well. It took maybe 15-20 minutes for the food to start rolling out, and we got everything back to back. We ate and talked about the cruise thus far. It was a winner, and we would be back on Fat Tuesday, as soon as we could.

IMG_5862-600x400.jpg

IMG_5860-600x400.jpg

IMG_5861-600x400.jpg

IMG_9828-338x450.jpg

IMG_9829-338x450.jpg

IMG_9835-338x450.jpg

IMG_9838-338x450.jpg

IMG_9839-338x450.jpg

We are beautiful goddess princesses ...we don't snore...we purr 

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

13 hours ago, purpleally said:

You are so fun!
by the way, Crocs are evil !  I have a neighbor, walking at the mall, fell, and broke both knee caps. I vote no, even when they come in purple!

Whoa! I feel bad for your friend! Sounds like those Crocs belong in hel with the clowns and roaches! 😱

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Lem_On_Ade said:

Once again you knocked it out of the park with this review! I love your writing! You make me miss the Mardi Gras, the salad bar at Serenity was a hidden gem I didn't find until the last day so now I'm thinking I need to book another trip on her to enjoy it again.

Thank you so much! I am seriously trying to figure out when we can sail on her again. There was too much to see, eat, and do for just 1 week! 😆😆

• Like 3

11 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I relate to this 100%!!!!!!

W has literally lost his glasses in the house, and then just waited until I found them days later. In plain sight. He had on his backup pair, but he STILL didn't see them. 🤓🤓😵

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, 1BDNANA said:

We are beautiful goddess princesses ...we don't snore...we purr 

Ok, this is my favorite! I'm going to have to borrow this one! 🤣😂

• Like 3

Vamos

My alarm was set for 7am. We had to be out of the cabin no later than 8:30. This would be very doable since we were really quite ready. For a change.

We jumped up, handled our hygiene, and exited the cabin at 8:02. We were just gonna hit the stairs like pap pap pap then eat at Lido. Y’all. All of this delicious food and all of these choices on Mardi Gras had me forgetting about the Blue Iguana breakfast. I remembered it right when we were going upstairs. To be fair, it’s tucked in a corner of the Lido, almost hidden. I had to ask W where it was exactly. I knew I saw it somewhere but couldn’t remember where. I’m so glad they were open! I got an arepa and huevos rancheros without the huevos. The huevos rancheros was extra flavorful. It made my mouth ecstatic.

Blue Iguana is hiding behind the stairs

IMG_9846-600x547.jpg

IMG_9848-338x450.jpg

IMG_9851-338x450.jpg

IMG_9852-338x450.jpg

IMG_9847-338x450.jpg

IMG_9854-338x450.jpg

As we were eating, Lee called luggage tags 1-15 at 8:30. He also instructed this group to exit Deck 6 Forward. Earlier, I heard him call Self Assist around 7:40. I’m not sure if he called them prior to that, since I was in the shower. Next, he called 16-25 at 8:40 to exit Deck 6 Mid. When we were finished with our food, we got up to leave. It was easy to get an elevator in the Aft. When we got down to Deck 6, there it was just one big line. To be fair Carnival Team Members weren’t asking which luggage tags people had. They were like “getting off the ship? Go this way”. We remembered what Lee said and walked around the first jumble of people to the Forward exit. We were going well to get off until we got to the ramp to go down into the luggage area. They held us for a few minutes to let the group ahead of us get down the ramp. Then when it was clear, we walked down.

IMG_9856-600x450.jpg

• Like 8

On 6/4/2022 at 12:50 PM, Jamman54 said:

We were in the cabana on the left! :classic_laugh:

I have been checking at least three times a day for over a month to snag one of those cabanas for our April 2023 cruise. I am determined and will not fail, lol! 

Thank you so much for this wonderful review Wildra, I am enjoying every word, pic and especially the jokes!  I can’t wait to read Jamman’s when this one is done! 😎

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LaRue1975 said:

I have been checking at least three times a day for over a month to snag one of those cabanas for our April 2023 cruise. I am determined and will not fail, lol! 

Thank you so much for this wonderful review Wildra, I am enjoying every word, pic and especially the jokes!  I can’t wait to read Jamman’s when this one is done! 😎

We are on the Celebration for a B2B next April, and we're also stalking the shore excursions to snag another Mahogany Bay Beach Cabana. Good luck in your quest! :classic_laugh:

• Like 2

Before you get your luggage, you go through Customs. Birth certificate holders, and Canadian Citizens went to the left, passports to the right. Needless to say, the passport line moved faster. If you are traveling with someone holding a birth certificate but you have a passport, they will let you get in the birth certificate line with them but not the other way around. The agents said several times that you didn’t need to get your passports out. When we got down there, y'all already know W said, "Don’t we need our passports?". What would he do without me?  I said "no" and we kept walking. It took 2 seconds to get through. They scan your face; a green check mark shows up with the words “Success” and you’re free to go. This is your pass to go through and get your luggage. We got ours quick, then joined another line to leave. We walked out and to the left as we were told last Saturday to find the shuttle back to Port Canaveral Parking. We had to pass the Carnival Shuttle Buses then we got down to the Parking Shuttle Section. Port Canaveral Parking had a sign and a guide who checks you in. She was a little scattered trying to keep up with everyone. It took us maybe 30 minutes before we actually got a shuttle. Lines were long everywhere, and temperatures were flaring. Again. Pack your patience. No reason to end a perfectly great week on a sour note. When it was our turn, we took our luggage to the back of the shuttle to be loaded, then got on. When they did the count, we had 1 person too many on the shuttle. The guide miscounted. They told the gentleman he could stand which he did for a while until 2 ladies in the front squeezed together and gave him a little corner of their seat to sit on. I hope he knew them.

After all of that we left the shuttle parking lot at 10am. We hopped in our car, and without further ado, we were on the road back to good ole GA. We HAD to stop at Buc-ee's on the way back to take away some of the sting of our ending vacation.

IMG_9859-600x450.jpg

IMG_9860-600x450.jpg

IMG_9866-600x450.jpg

IMG_9868-338x450.jpg

I'm not sure what time we got home, but before I fell asleep, I said a prayer thanking God for the travel pillow that I keep in the car. I dozed off a few times on the way home, and the way W drives, if I didn’t have that neck pillow, I would've woken up with whiplash.

• Like 17
  • Haha 3

Hooray!  Another awesome review from Willdra!  Sorry I'm late to the party, but we were on Panorama while you were on Mardi Gras. Really appreciate your review as we'll be sailing on Mardi Gras July 2, though with different ports.  Thanks for sharing!!

• Like 1