Britannia balcony question

SarahHben

I know that Britannia balconies are small but would 3 adults be able to sit on the balcony together?

We are considering getting a superior deluxe cabin and youngest adult daughter sharing with us, her in the curtained off area, but if we cant all sit on the balcony it might not work.

It's almost double the price for a suite with a big balcony so I'm not sure I could persuade my husband to book a suite.

11 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

I know that Britannia balconies are small but would 3 adults be able to sit on the balcony together?

We are considering getting a superior deluxe cabin and youngest adult daughter sharing with us, her in the curtained off area, but if we cant all sit on the balcony it might not work.

It's almost double the price for a suite with a big balcony so I'm not sure I could persuade my husband to book a suite.

Balconies are small. You need to turn the chair a bit sideway to stretch out. I don't know about 3, but ok for 2. I can't remember the delux being any deeper.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

All balconies only have 2 chairs, and we have never been successful in asking our cabin steward for extra chairs, even in an extra large accessible C deck balcony on Ventura or Azura.

In addition Britannia's balconies are only approx 9ft X 4ft, which would make it very cramped with 3 adults.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

The balconies for superior deluxe are identical in size.  Just about get two people seated with the small table.

• Thanks 1

yes, the extra space in the superior balconies is in the inside as they have a sofa instead of a chair. Also we had a suite on Britannia and the balcony area was narrow from front to back.

• Thanks 1

Thank you all. I had worked out that with 3 adults it would actually be fairly cost effective to go for a suite, I had all my reasoning ready to explain to Mr B later, then my daughter called to say she didn't want to go. So we're back to plan A with a superior deluxe, or plan B with a standard balcony with sofa. Now I just to look at pictures and videos to decide 

2 hours ago, Fionboard said:

Love the monkeys. I have an original PG Tips one who is my cruising mate. Someone to talk to instead of myself!16539254375996684295767411756545.thumb.jpg.49193b05c8d3f4d248bca1a94a12e1e0.jpg

We are staying away from monkeys at the moment. Can't be to careful.🙊

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Thank you Graham.

I was just showing my husband the superior deluxe cabins when you replied and he wants to try one of those.

Thanks anyway though, I will make note of that cabin for another time.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Thanks Sarah. It's the one next door F726 which I assume is just as nice ...

@Megabear2.

Same grade aft balconies on C,D and E deck.

We heard a little noise from the Live lounge but it was a 3 night party cruise and it was open later than normal.

We enjoyed that cabin but if you have the opportunity go for E,D or C deck aft balconies.

Graham.

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

Thanks Sarah. It's the one next door F726 which I assume is just as nice ...

Sorry I should have said end of May '24. All 4 of the standard aft view F deck cabins are still available according to the website. I was looking at those earlier

• Like 1