Off the Bliss May 28th, tested postive for Covid on the 29th

kjquilts

14 hours ago, LaCal said:

First off guests “Should” have the respect for others to get/request a test onboard if they are coughing sick etc 

But of course there’s way to many who won’t cause they could care less if they spread Covid so that’s where Staff would come in and have them take a test 

If anyone snitched on me for having Covid I would throw them overboard. That is grasses punishment.

Hope you feel better soon.  I was on this cruise as well.  Luckily no symptoms or illness as of yet.

Victoria debarkation was a total sh*tshow.  The captain should have given us more time in the port. This would have alleviated the crowding at the exit points.  Seattle is very close at this point and we still would have made our scheduled dock time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ace2542 said:

If anyone snitched on me for having Covid I would throw them overboard. That is grasses punishment.

Sounds like you’re the type of person who’d have Covid and continue spreading it instead of isolating/quarantined 

You’re more worried about a guest snitching on you then doing the right thing.  

Huge part of why the spread keeps on happening 

33 minutes ago, LaCal said:

Sounds like you’re the type of person who’d have Covid and continue spreading it instead of isolating/quarantined

That depends if that quarantine is going to cost me thouands of pounds ashore which I can't lay my hands on very easily since we don't do interent/telephone banking and the quarantine cost would likely exceed our credit limit.

I also just got off a 3 MSC cruise symptoms started the day after I disembarked. Nothing serious- just cold symptoms.  This was our third cruise after the shut down. The other two were 7 days on NCL. I’d blame it on the 2.5 hour checkin line that was not socially distanced at all. We’ve never had that long of a line on NCL. 

Anyway it was a good cruise, and at least I know I’ll be protected for our NCL Europe cruise in 30 days! 

• Like 2

Feel better soon! Covid is indiscriminate. We just returned from a week in Costa Rica, covid test on Friday negative, covid test on Saturday negative, we had to retest because return flight was canceled and couldn't get out until next day.

My daughter started to not feel well Monday afternoon, yesterday she felt worse, she and her husband are positive, he has a scratchy throat, she has chills, fever, body aches and head aches. We are all vaccinated and boosted.

I took test this morning and negative, I'll test again tomorrow.

Have Alaskan cruise on Bliss mid July so hoping I stay negative.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, njkate said:

Feel better soon! Covid is indiscriminate. We just returned from a week in Costa Rica, covid test on Friday negative, covid test on Saturday negative, we had to retest because return flight was canceled and couldn't get out until next day.

My daughter started to not feel well Monday afternoon, yesterday she felt worse, she and her husband are positive, he has a scratchy throat, she has chills, fever, body aches and head aches. We are all vaccinated and boosted.

I took test this morning and negative, I'll test again tomorrow.

Have Alaskan cruise on Bliss mid July so hoping I stay negative.

The nice part of precruise testing is they except antigen- those should only be positive if there is a live infection. So I’m not concerned about our cruise leaving in 30 days.

Also my husband is still testing negative- only I got it. Both vaccinated and boosted.

• Like 1

Our cost for me (not her) testing on the ship and seeing the doctor, then us being quarantined at the Hilton Garden Inn in Seattle for a week, food delivery for two, overnight medicine delivery, and replacement flights home was just under $3,300. Hoping travel insurance covers most or all of that. 

When we didn’t think we had it, we faulted the cruise line. In hindsight they were right. And I am glad we tested and glad they quarantined us despite the first test being negative. 

Their CARE didn’t keep their promise’s, but medical did their job. 

Edited by MidCitiesMan
  • Like 1

I was on the Bliss in mid-December (before the latest variant was wide-spread) and I felt very safe..... the ship was only about 25% capacity.  

I got off a nearly-full Princess cruise last week and 13 of the 14 people in our family tested positive after....and I have seen dozens of comments of the same situation...

of the 13 that got covid nobody was symptomatic ..... nothing more than a slight fever or a light cough.....