Moving a cabin four doors down

PKB

We have four cabins in our group, three are in a row.  There is one cabin between the three in a row and the fourth.  The cabin on the far end shows available and we would all be in a row.  Final payment is made.  Would there be any charge to move just four doors down?  Concierge class.

Edited by PKB

Just call and ask.

If it's the exact same category, it should be easy.  We have often moved our cabin to another in the same category when that better location has come open.  Never been charged.  Have even had Celebrity do this without goingf through our TA when booked through a TA.  Do it before the cabin goes away.

Edited by Bruin Steve

We have four family cabins, and I’ve set us up on the same deck with two on one side and two on the other. that way, if the ‘view’ is neater on one side, we can share that a bit. Not a big deal, but we do that when traveling with friends also. One side and the other. 

Den

Good luck! We have two cabins booked through a TA and a couple of weeks ago I noticed 2 cabins next to each other on the slant became available (bigger balconies). Same class and category as what we were booked in so I called TA to try and change. Was told no problem but they would have to call Celebrity to make the change and would I mind waiting on hold for a few minutes. Needless to say, 40 mins later the TA still couldn't get through to Celebrity so said she would email the request across but couldn't guarantee the email would be read/actioned before someone else booked the cabins. 

I tried calling Celebrity directly, eventually spoke to someone who said yes they can make the change but it would cost £35 per person, even though it was simply a slight move down the corridor from a 1A to another 1A! After a bit of hacking away on her keyboard she then told me actually, sorry, she couldn't make the change, only the TA could request the cabin number swap. I explained I had tried that but I can't expect the TA to spend all day on the phone trying to get through. Apologies all around but "there's nothing we can do".

A week later I called the TA again and they tried a few things and within half an hour managed to get the cabins changed, at no cost. 

Hope you manage to get yours changed (and for free)!

14 hours ago, SbbquilterUT said:

Had to chuckle - I deliberately book rooms with one in between each when traveling with family..... we know those cabin walls are not real thick. 

This was good advice I followed the first time we booked a cruise with other family members, and have done the same with friends.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SbbquilterUT said:

Had to chuckle - I deliberately book rooms with one in between each when traveling with family..... we know those cabin walls are not real thick. 

I do not like being next to anyone I know for the reasons you state.   It makes it very awkward when discussing  personal stuff that you may not want them to know about or hearing other things.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅