Mariner Terminal 5 Parking confusion

46 minutes ago, orville99 said:

It would if you were on a B3B in July with us. It is the difference between driving to the port or hiring a car to drive us there and back.

But that was never in your question or any follow ups till now. It seems you want to know if you you pay 1 sailing only. Based on other answers, not sure what to expect. Not even sure if a passenger getting off next week can anwer. You'd need to find one doing multi sailings

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Guess I'll take one for the team and park in T1 next week. See if they ask if I'm b2b or not.😉

They didn't ask in Nov.  We volunteered it because we really didn't want to deal with any issues when we got off the ship.  And, I'm a bit of a rule follower lol.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BND said:

They didn't ask in Nov.  We volunteered it because we really didn't want to deal with any issues when we got off the ship.  And, I'm a bit of a rule follower lol.

Until now, I never expected any issue. Seems it's been that way since T1 opened. I can't recall even talking to anyone.

I'll first pay as usual then ask

FWIW, seems to me if there is no asking or signage, I'd guess they'd have a difficult time enforcing it.🤔

Edited by John&LaLa

16 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

But that was never in your question or any follow ups till now. It seems you want to know if you you pay 1 sailing only. Based on other answers, not sure what to expect. Not even sure if a passenger getting off next week can anwer. You'd need to find one doing multi sailings

I would have no problem paying at the end if I knew that was the process. I just don’t want to sequester $400 in my bank account for no good reason. I won’t be saving any $$ by hiring a limo to drive us instead of me driving us and parking for three weeks.

43 minutes ago, orville99 said:

I would have no problem paying at the end if I knew that was the process. I just don’t want to sequester $400 in my bank account for no good reason. I won’t be saving any $$ by hiring a limo to drive us instead of me driving us and parking for three weeks.

You'd die if you knew what I keep in my cash accounts 🤣🤣

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I thought everyone kept some cash stashed..

Multi stashes for me.

But I also still have the condo proceeds in a money market at WF. 😱

I know inflation sucks, but no hurry to invest it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Change drawer has a few hundred🤣🤣

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

I thought everyone kept some cash stashed..

Other than the envelope that goes from cruise folder to cruise folder, I haven't used cash for anything in years. Everything sits in my brokerage account until I have to pay the Credit Card bill (pay it off in full every month), and then I move exactly what I need to move to cover while the rest earns interest.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Other than the envelope that goes from cruise folder to cruise folder, I haven't used cash for anything in years. Everything sits in my brokerage account until I have to pay the Credit Card bill (pay it off in full every month), and then I move exactly what I need to move to cover while the rest earns interest.

Good for you, but isn't part of your brokerage a cash account? 

I pretty much earn about $300 a month from my CC cash back account. It's a nice bonus😁

34 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Good for you, but isn't part of your brokerage a cash account? 

Not really, it is more of a savings account tied to my investment portfolio that actually pays a decent interest rate. I view a checking account as a cash account - it pays no interest and makes no sense holding cash without any immediate purpose.

36 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Not really, it is more of a savings account tied to my investment portfolio that actually pays a decent interest rate. I view a checking account as a cash account - it pays no interest and makes no sense holding cash without any immediate purpose.

Decent is an odd term these days😉

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

No Indy next Friday. I know it doesn't apply to T5, just curious if T1 is trying to charge B2B folks. 

Darn, I was hoping to meet you before the WC. I always enjoy reading your trip reports

• Thanks 1

On 6/9/2022 at 3:06 PM, John&LaLa said:

Guess I'll take one for the team and park in T1 next week. See if they ask if I'm b2b or not.😉

How was the parking handled in T1 on your B2B?

Just adding that when we drove out of Terminal 5 last Sunday, there were NO cars in line and all 3 booths were open and we took our merry time getting to our car since I use a walker.  Maybe we were ahead of the crowd since we were in group 1 but there was no 45 minute wait some people were talking about earlier.  We were home by 3pm.

13 minutes ago, orville99 said:

How was the parking handled in T1 on your B2B?

Just parked.

Pay as enter, no sign for b2b, plenty of folks backed in to slots. I believe this talk of ticketing those who stay longer is pure hogwash

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Just parked.

Pay as enter, no sign for b2b, plenty of folks backed in to slots. I believe this talk of ticketing those who stay longer is pure hogwash

Thanks. I guess we will find out on our October Harmony B2B.

We decided that we will drive to PC for our B3B on Mariner just in case we have to cut the cruise short, and it is just too difficult hiring a car on July 4 to get to the port.