Early cabin access

camarowesley

This benefit has been "suspended" because of the extra time needed to sanitize rooms in accordance with COVID protocols. Suite guests still get this benefit however.

As Blerk said you can drop off your carry ons if you wish, and then leave the stateroom corridors so the stewards can continue doing their thing.

• Like 1

Guest BasicSailor

We're Diamond members here. The answer to your question is maybe 😐. Cleaning the rooms as required for covid concerns seems to be the reasoning for this.

As I and others have reported you may run into stewards that don't even want you dropping off your luggage.

Guest BasicSailor
33 minutes ago, camarowesley said:

Do Platinum & Diamond no longer have early access to their cabin? I don't see it listed in the benefits. 

Screenshot_20220609-200547.jpg

FYI It never was in the list beforehand.

5 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

You can drop your carry on luggage off and then leave.

ARe we allowed to do that? The doors typically say wait until 1:30 PM. Do we just ignore that sign go in there and tell the steward we're just dropping off the bags if they ask? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ashkir said:

ARe we allowed to do that? The doors typically say wait until 1:30 PM. Do we just ignore that sign go in there and tell the steward we're just dropping off the bags if they ask? 

Diamond and Platinum are allowed to do that.

• Like 3

Guest BasicSailor
2 minutes ago, southbayerLA said:

I've always ignored that sign and just went to room and drop off carry on, and load the safe and leave, since being platinum

And a few thousand other people as well .

Guest BasicSailor
On 6/10/2022 at 2:37 AM, ashkir said:

Most people walk right through those doors anyways, regardless of any signs being on the door.

There is no intent to disrespect anyone here with my following analysis.

There are some cruisers that absolutely have to be the first person on board, the first in line at the customer service desk, the first in line at Guys Burgers, the first person to the cabins. Life is really to short to worry about being the first. 

We have all gained some form of Carnival recognition from our loyalty to the great brand. I will never abuse my that recognition by trying to be the "first" at anytime and while on any Carnival Cruise. The rules generally say that most cabins will be ready at 1:30 PM or so. Let's just learn to follow the rules as Carnival has implemented them for a specific reason; to maintain order and safety.

Let's all continue to enjoy our perks of Carnival Cruising but let's also set the correct examples for our legacy Cruisers that are watching and following our moves.   

• Like 1