Indy 3 Day - Unlimited Dining Experience 🐷

Sailing Indy next Friday. Booked my first ever UDP. Looking for tips on maximizing the experience.  Going solo, so I plan on just eating and repeating for the duration 

Planner shows Chops lunch on boarding day, then all the typical speciality venues for dinner. But the app is crap. (that's trademarked now)

I'm curious about hours and availability of Izumi Sushi, Johnny Rockets, Playmakers, and anywhere else I can gorge to my hearts content.

Hope to get 1 dinner at Izumi Hibachi, not sure about Chops or Giovanni's, but who knows, its just me for once.

Also curious about hitting up the ala carte venues multiple times to keep the tab under $20. I understand that's possible.

Ok, that's the plan. Any advice to maximize my $99 investment. And I will tip seperate for every tab opened. Fairly familiar with the menus, but haven't been on Indy since 2008

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

First tip ! Absolutely don't spend any time doing anything else but eating,  get serious with this, no sleeping for 72 hours. Be focused !!

6 free drinks 😁

And actually more like 69 hours. Which is funny because today is 69 day. June 9th😉

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

6 free drinks 😁

And actually more like 69 hours. Which is funny because today is 69 day. June 9th😉

I think you need to have two dinner reservations each night.........Reserve 5:30pm and 9:30pm

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

I think you need to have two dinner reservations each night.........Reserve 5:30pm and 9:30pm

Agreed. If your appetite (or stomach) is limited, focus on best quality meat and seafood.  Skip salads, potatoes, and rolls.  Hit Playmakers at noon for a juicy burger and/or wings.  And give that Fish & Ships lobster roll a try - and then you can report on it. 

I don’t think you can win the contest like the drinks on the beverage package.  

Should make for another Live from… report.

• Like 3

I am wondering what kind of limits there are.  Example can you eat a lunch at Chops, an hour later get some sushi from Izumi and then dinner at 150.  Also, if you wanted can you get reservations at Chops a few different nights?  I heard you could eat dinner at one place and dessert later at another.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I am wondering what kind of limits there are.  Example can you eat a lunch at Chops, an hour later get some sushi from Izumi and then dinner at 150.  Also, if you wanted can you get reservations at Chops a few different nights?  I heard you could eat dinner at one place and dessert later at another.  

And I said, yes, you can. Same restaurant, different nights. And you can eat anywhere you want when they are open. If you exceed your credit, they can start a new tab. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

We were on Indy in late April on a 3 night and and found out the hard way that Fish and Ships was not included with UDP ( but the roll is good) , only place that wasn't included. Izumi was awesome, ate a Giovanni's one night, excellent and 2 lunches and third night at Playmakers, Alex the manager said " I want to show you how to abuse the UDP here", it was hilarious and delicious. Never got close to 20 per person. We also stopped by for a desert one night (Cookie cant be taken to go because of hot pan). The one thing we didn't try, but have heard of is to use a Diamond drink on a pitcher of beer and pay the 5 dollar difference at Playmakers. Back on Indy on 7/4.

• Like 2

Looking forward to your food reviews, John! This UDP food mission is right up my alley! I'm currently losing back the weight I gained on Harmony last week.

Will be on Indy B2B next month. We don't do much specialty dining but are long time fans of Giovanni's table so will definitely eat there once and try Playmakers, even if it's just for the cookie and drinks.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Read some of Benny's reviews. He made good use of his UDP. He was always snacking.

I would but just can't wade through the same pics running together over and over

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Looking forward to your food reviews, John! This UDP food mission is right up my alley! I'm currently losing back the weight I gained on Harmony last week.

Will be on Indy B2B next month. We don't do much specialty dining but are long time fans of Giovanni's table so will definitely eat there once and try Playmakers, even if it's just for the cookie and drinks.

I still haven't had the cookie. On my list

7 hours ago, alohayall said:

Agreed. If your appetite (or stomach) is limited, focus on best quality meat and seafood.  Skip salads, potatoes, and rolls.  Hit Playmakers at noon for a juicy burger and/or wings.  And give that Fish & Ships lobster roll a try - and then you can report on it. 

I don’t think you can win the contest like the drinks on the beverage package.  

Should make for another Live from… report.

Gonna try and get an $18 pitcher with my $13 drink voucher.🍺

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tvnewsengineer said:

We were on Indy in late April on a 3 night and and found out the hard way that Fish and Ships was not included with UDP ( but the roll is good) , only place that wasn't included. Izumi was awesome, ate a Giovanni's one night, excellent and 2 lunches and third night at Playmakers, Alex the manager said " I want to show you how to abuse the UDP here", it was hilarious and delicious. Never got close to 20 per person. We also stopped by for a desert one night (Cookie cant be taken to go because of hot pan). The one thing we didn't try, but have heard of is to use a Diamond drink on a pitcher of beer and pay the 5 dollar difference at Playmakers. Back on Indy on 7/4.

Great minds think alike.

I'll look up Alex