Selecting P.A.T. and using Hotel shuttle service

MMfan14

First time staying at a hotel that provides shuttle service to and from the port. The Port is only ten minuets from the Hotel. As per the Hotel reservation the shuttle is selected to arrive by 10:30 am at the port. My question is what happens if that time is not available when online check-in starts? Any reply's from fellow cruisers is much appreciated.   

What is P.A.T.?  My experience is hotel have shuttle buses leaving at different times and you sign up for a time when you check in.  We never took the first bus because I couldn’t get my sister out of bed that early.  EM

How is this Carnival related? If the time of the shuttle you want isn't available, then you have to take the next available shuttle. That's why you're better off just taking your own Taxi. You don't have to wait for the shuttle to fill up with passengers and you're guaranteed the pickup time you want . The cost is negligible and your time and ease of your own Taxi is worth the fare. 

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 3

Or park at port...we have not had good luck with hotel shuttles (crowded, having to load the luggage, shuttle not on time or couldnt get early one)...you should read any reviews about the shuttle from your hotel and decide if it is worth the hassle.  Then you have to wait for the shuttle back to hotel to get your car at end of trip too...

Guest BasicSailor
45 minutes ago, Host Carolyn said:

What port.?  Still on first cup of coffee.....did I miss it?

You know, the port 😁

4 minutes ago, MMfan14 said:

Should have mentioned that it us an upcoming Carnival cruise out of Baltimore 

Hotel transfers and transportation questions get asked and answered in the East Coast departures forum for Baltimote. 

12 hours ago, Drazil65 said:

we have not had good luck with hotel shuttles (crowded, having to load the luggage, shuttle not on time or couldnt get early one)

I agree, we have given up on hotel shuttles.  Uber and Lyft are so easy and inexpensive... definitely beats waiting in a huge crowd in the hotel lobby for the shuttle to show up.  

We often use hotel shuttles to the port

You just sig n up for the departure time you want when you check in

Then only the people signed up aremdownstairs waiting to get onto the shuttle

This is only whe. The shuttle is owned by the hotel and not when  the hotel offers to set up a shuttle,pick up from an outside company