Drink package-2 at a time

This will be the first time I’ve ordered the drink package.

it says I can only get one drink at a time. So it’s not possible for me to go to the bar and get a drink for myself and my wife? We would both need to go up at the same time?

It feels like there has to be a better way than that, especially since they require all adults in the room to get the package!

2 minutes ago, PGHProducer said:

This will be the first time I’ve ordered the drink package.

it says I can only get one drink at a time. So it’s not possible for me to go to the bar and get a drink for myself and my wife? We would both need to go up at the same time?

It feels like there has to be a better way than that, especially since they require all adults in the room to get the package!

Just take her card with you until the bartender starts to recognize you

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

One drink on your card, one drink on her card = 1 drink at a time.

Yeah. I guess I was just hoping that I didn’t need to necessarily root around for her card and whatnot and could just be nice and grab us both drinks. Seems like the computers should recognize that two packages were purchased on an account so that’s two drinks.

51 minutes ago, PGHProducer said:

Yeah. I guess I was just hoping that I didn’t need to necessarily root around for her card and whatnot and could just be nice and grab us both drinks. Seems like the computers should recognize that two packages were purchased on an account so that’s two drinks.

How would they know you're getting the 2nd drink for her and not someone else? 

1 hour ago, PGHProducer said:

Tell her to leave the card where it’s easily accessible to you 🤷‍♀️.

• Like 4

Hi yes that is the case with RCI

our last cruise 2019 my husband went to bar and asked for 2 drinks one for him and one for me and they didnt let him - he needed my card.  Absolutely ridiculous 

We had drinks package on Norweigan the year before that and it was no hassle at all

I really do hope this has changed when we go on our cruise but most likely it won't but when you have paid the large price for the package you would think it would be fine

• Like 1

Recently on Symphony, I accidentally grabbed my daughter's card instead of my own to get a drink. They were able to look me up by stateroom number and verify I had the package and charge it correctly. They also, on several occasions, only needed to see one card to pour two drinks.

7 hours ago, life is to be happy said:

Hi yes that is the case with RCI

our last cruise 2019 my husband went to bar and asked for 2 drinks one for him and one for me and they didnt let him - he needed my card.  Absolutely ridiculous 

We had drinks package on Norweigan the year before that and it was no hassle at all

I really do hope this has changed when we go on our cruise but most likely it won't but when you have paid the large price for the package you would think it would be fine

And your card SHOWS you paid the large price.  Bars are understaffed and busy.  The easiest, fastest means of the bartender knowing you have packages appropriate to the drinks you are ordering is to have your card(s).  Is it really that much of an inconvenience?

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, poocher said:

And your card SHOWS you paid the large price.  Bars are understaffed and busy.  The easiest, fastest means of the bartender knowing you have packages appropriate to the drinks you are ordering is to have your card(s).  Is it really that much of an inconvenience?

This seems to be the height of a first world problem lol

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Are you asking about 2 drinks on the same DBP? 

Yes, two for the same person on a single DBP.

Edited by rudeney
Include quote

4 hours ago, DWhit said:

Both adults do not have to get Drink package.  One can have a non-alcoholic package, and one the package for beer, wine and cocktails.

How do you do that? According to the drink package in my planner it says we both have to get the package.  

Deluxe Beverage Package

Important details and advisements

• Each adult of legal drinking age assigned to the same stateroom must purchase this package.

5 minutes ago, ravenjls said:

How do you do that? According to the drink package in my planner it says we both have to get the package.  

Deluxe Beverage Package

• Each adult of legal drinking age assigned to the same stateroom must purchase this package.

You have to call Royal and say the other person(s) don’t drink 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ravenjls said:

Deluxe Beverage Package

This is not true.   My husband has the DBP and I have the refreshment package.   They can not make you pay for alcoholic beverages that you do not drink.  The other will have to be the most expensive non-alcoholic beverage package tho.    

3 hours ago, doppelganger2621 said:

You have to call Royal and say the other person(s) don’t drink 

I didn’t have to do that.  I just told them over the phone that  I wanted one cocktail drink package, and one non-alcoholic package.  The rep had to put me on hold for a minute to get it approved.  No problems.